Sign in to follow this  
Pokitfoxx

Latest updates on this game please.

Wow. Now I'm even more fascinated to see what the previous LucasArts version was shaping up to look like! And also why you decided to scrap their work and start from scratch!

Thanks, Spaff!

Shouldn't say much about this either but it's not too difficult to think of reasons why.

Wow. Now I'm even more fascinated to see what the previous LucasArts version was shaping up to look like! And also why you decided to scrap their work and start from scratch!

Thanks, Spaff!

Shouldn't say much about this either but it's not too difficult to think of reasons why.

Ah. Oh good. It's just that initial reports from DF people on this forum were rather positive about them, but I guess second thoughts were had. I guess this is also why it will take a while before the game will be done, too!

ugh legal reasons are annoying :P

Cant wait for the game!! I'm assuming it's gonna be a 2016 title?

ugh legal reasons are annoying :P

Cant wait for the game!! I'm assuming it's gonna be a 2016 title?

From the Announcing topic:

Release date and platforms: TBA

(but essentially: next year, computers and consoles)

Smiles

Hey guys, long time fan and lurker. So anyway Tim Schafer and Lee Petty did a live Q&A at producthunt.com the other day and I asked a quick question about DOTT that I'll post below, the full chat was great and I recommend you check it out. Love those guys.

http://www.producthunt.com/live/tim-schafer-and-lee-petty

internetman:

Will day of the tentacle be using the original art, or are you updating it in the monkey island games style?

Lee Petty— Art Director, Double Fine Productions:

@sirmontmort DOTT has some new, high rez art but it has been painstakingly done to stay in the original style. Many of the original artists are consulting!

Tim Schafer— CEO, Double Fine Productions

@thomasmolby @sirmontmort The artists are lovingly and tastefully painting hi-res versions of the original rooms. It's still in the style of the old art. Just less jaggy. And the original art will be playable as well. Heads will be the same size, and no hair style changes.

I'm guessing that like with Grim, we'll get more details on release at the PlayStation Experience

Oh that is good to hear about the graphics :) I wonder if it will be possible for them to add more scenes, puzzles. Maybe its just me, but i wouldn mind some new content if possible :)

I can understand that you can't show us stuff that will be in the game, but why can't you show us stuff that WON'T be in the game? Like the singapore things? JUST PLEASE SHOW US! ;O;

We're not really able to comment on the existence or non-existence of any previous efforts to make a DOTT Special edition. Sorry.... You know how these things are sometimes!

I will tell you that Day of the Tentacle Special Edition will not ship with any art assets that were made by anyone else before we started working on it, if that helps :)

Hey Spaff, Matt already confirmed us the existence of those previous efforts a long while ago, even before you joined DF if my timeline is correct ;)

I hope upon release you'll be able to share more information about that and why it was discarded, since it appeared he was happy with what Lucas sent you! Maybe Tim or Lee didn't approve the art style? I know you might be bound by confidentiality agreements but die hard fans are really interested in these pieces of history, like with the cancelled Sam and Max game to set another example! For us even a couple screenshots would be glorious!

Thanks!

It's true that Matt wrote that he was very pleased with what he'd initially seen from the previous LucasArts version that had been in production -- I can only assume that he became less pleased, or that others (like Tim) were less pleased, later on. I can't imagine it would be a rights thing, seeing that LA/Disney own all that work.

Yeah, I remember that too. Another thought that crossed my mind was simply that it might have been difficult for a completely different team to work with some partially completed content that was made by another company.

I'm honestly not really expecting to ever see the Singapore assets (because, y'know, legal reasons) but if we do ever see them, it probably won't be for a very long time. Who knows? Maybe someday we will get to see the work from Singapore, but I don't think even Guybrush Threepwood should hold his breath in this case!

Thanks for posting that Q&A, morty! :) After seeing the SE posters I figured the graphics would be of the same fun, wacky cartoon style as the original but it's always cool to have stuff like that confirmed.

http://www.dayofthedevs.com
Double Fine and iam8bit present Day Of The Devs 2015

WITH VIDEO GAMES LIKE:

ABZÛ ADR1FT Badblood Below Botolo Burly Men at Sea Witchmarsh Death's Gambit Donut County Fantastic Contraption Pit People Gang Beasts Gnog Hyper Light Drifter Night in the Woods Outer Wilds Overland Oxenfree Rising Thunder Scale Secret Legend Sound Self Spy Party Tacoma Thumper Tilt Brush Wattam What Remains of Edith Finch & Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition

November 7, 2015

I wonder how much will be shown of DOTT: SE at this...

http://www.dayofthedevs.com
Double Fine and iam8bit present Day Of The Devs 2015

WITH VIDEO GAMES LIKE:

ABZÛ ADR1FT Badblood Below Botolo Burly Men at Sea Witchmarsh Death's Gambit Donut County Fantastic Contraption Pit People Gang Beasts Gnog Hyper Light Drifter Night in the Woods Outer Wilds Overland Oxenfree Rising Thunder Scale Secret Legend Sound Self Spy Party Tacoma Thumper Tilt Brush Wattam What Remains of Edith Finch & Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition

November 7, 2015

I wonder how much will be shown of DOTT: SE at this...

Finally something tangible! Ugh! :D

Can't wait to see it! ^^

(Though I swear to god if they don't show any gameplay I won't guarantee for anyone's well-being)

Can't wait to see it! ^^

(Though I swear to god if they don't show any gameplay I won't guarantee for anyone's well-being)

Er... we already know what the gameplay is like?

I just want to see some progress and what the graphics look like.

Can't wait to see it! ^^

Sure, but I want to see it in motion, not just screenshots. ^^

That was needlessly pedantic. There's plenty of things that gameplay footage would show us: How the animations have changed, the new music (should there be any), the restored voice acting, how the new interface behaves, etc.

Yeah, I also read ShyGuy's comment as meaning gameplay clips that showcase the new graphics and interface in action (and if they've recorded some SE music). But even better to see Spaff's confirmation. As a Brit in British Land I won't be able to attend, but I'm interested in hearing what others think of it so far (especially how they go about the interface).