Sign in to follow this  
Pokitfoxx

Latest updates on this game please.

Hey guys

Dott is and always will be my favorite game of all time. I'm just curious about the progress. Update me please :)

Good lord, everyone, no matter how many threads we bump and create, we're not going to suddenly unlock a load of new info. They're at the start of the dev process and won't have much to show or tell us for a long time. I'd suggest not expecting any news until 2016.

Good lord, everyone, no matter how many threads we bump and create, we're not going to suddenly unlock a load of new info. They're at the start of the dev process and won't have much to show or tell us for a long time. I'd suggest not expecting any news until 2016.

People are so used to DFA and Massive Chalice info streams maybe. ;-)

I'm not on the project so I really shouldn't say much but here's the latest dott changelist description:

Added hotspots for 34-lobby

I'm not on the project so I really shouldn't say much but here's the latest dott changelist description:

Jeez, no spoiler tags?!! Some people haven't played the game yet, you know!

Just kidding, you're awesome :)

Hotspots? That can only mean there's going to be a whole new area set in hell! Wow!

It's really a sequel, and this remaster business is just a clever smoke screen! Thanks, Bert! We can always rely on you to provide the best secret info!

I'm emailing all games new outlets as we speak!

You should have a public commit comment feed ;)

I cannot wait for this game so I can tell everyone who has never played it to do so.

Can you keep posting silly changelogs that don't reveal anything. I get a kick out of them.

Added hotspots for 34-lobby.

Please just keep drip feeding bits of the dev process. Keeps me refreshing this forum.

AFAIK those posters are the first bit of artwork we've seen for the SE since that teaser back in December, so I guess that's pretty big!

The tentacles look great. A hint of lighting while staying true to the cartoony style of the original, wish was really what I was hoping for. Who knows, maybe some more news is just around the corner, but I definitely think we're off to a good start!

I'd really like to see the uncropped versions of those posters... Spaaaaaaaaff? :)

Those posters its not fair, its not Fair. some of us lives a long long distance away.

You better start selling this posters signed or unsigned in the double fine shop. because i want some :P i really do.

Also plushies. We need Main characters and the characters in the mansion and at least we need Green and Puple Tentacle as plushies :D PLUSHIES! /dream

I'm still sad they didn't make any posters or postcards for the locations in GRIM FANDANGO. I'm sure they would have sold boatloads. DOTT plushies would be most welcome.

Posters? Are there links to these?

They are right smack top center on the front page :)

And i freaking want them! :(

I'm still sad they didn't make any posters or postcards for the locations in GRIM FANDANGO. I'm sure they would have sold boatloads. DOTT plushies would be most welcome.

I'm sure they would have too, but they couldn't because legal stuff, right? Probably going to be the same situation with DOTT, unfortunately. Why Disney wouldn't let them do merch for a share of the profits is beyond me, but IANAL.

From the latest Action Bulletin, re. DOTT:

Whilst we don’t have a great deal to say right now, we an confirm that yes we are still working on it, it looks and sounds really great, and we’ll be sharing more before the end of the year.

Expect more news in December, everyone!

It would be cool to know how many is working on the project to give an idea of the scope. Is it 2 people in Tims basement? or its a primary main focus project with 40-50 people at Doublefine ?.

With all the projects Double Fine is working on, i honestly cannot tell. I feel like its a 2-4 man project.

It's closer to 4 than 40, not counting people outside of Double Fine.

Can't wait to see how it looks. Do you know if the previous "Singapore" version was about 80% of the game when you got the assets?

We're not really able to comment on the existence or non-existence of any previous efforts to make a DOTT Special edition. Sorry.... You know how these things are sometimes!

I will tell you that Day of the Tentacle Special Edition will not ship with any art assets that were made by anyone else before we started working on it, if that helps :)

So excited for this. Probably the favorite game of my childhood. :-D

We're not really able to comment on the existence or non-existence of any previous efforts to make a DOTT Special edition. Sorry.... You know how these things are sometimes!

I will tell you that Day of the Tentacle Special Edition will not ship with any art assets that were made by anyone else before we started working on it, if that helps :)

Wow. Now I'm even more fascinated to see what the previous LucasArts version was shaping up to look like! And also why you decided to scrap their work and start from scratch!

Thanks, Spaff!

Well at least we lured some information out of them. Yeah i cant way either. Next up Sam & Max Hit the Road and Full Throttle even the Digg. So many old Lucas Arts games deserves to be broug back from obscurity and play by a new generation as well as the old.