Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Summer Merch Sale!

Yay! I've been wanting to pick up a bunch of stuff from the store. Now I'm glad I waited. :)

All of you! Out of the way!

I will buy all the things.

edit: cheapest shipping option to UK came to $69.14, doh.

I actually bought almost all of the things. a_a

Missed out on the yoyo, the size for the Brutal Legend hoodie that was left was too small, as was the Eddie Riggs rocking your chest T-shirt.

Everything else I wanted I picked up. Came to almost $300 after shipping (it was over $40 even to the US), but I'm a happy camper. :)

I think I'll pick up the Amnesia Fortnight thing. Should be interesting to try out the various demos and watch the documentaries and such... especially for the ones that never became full games.

Might get the Dropchord soundtrack, too... I actually haven't played the game itself yet but my vinyl collection doesn't have any EDM so, hey why not?

Bit sad that the only item I would consider importing, the adorable Psychonauts figurines, are not discounted.

Oh well maybe next time...

Shame you guys never produced any Art Deco style posters/postcards for Grim Fandango. I'd lap them up!

Sadly we're not able to make any Grim merch, otherwise we'd be going nuts with Grim things!

Shame you guys never produced any Art Deco style posters/postcards for Grim Fandango. I'd lap them up!

Sadly we're not able to make any Grim merch, otherwise we'd be going nuts with Grim things!

But you can make all the Psychonauts merch you want, right? Reissue those wonderful playing cards!

And that, alas, is why I'm not buying anything. :(

1438627027.jpg

We're having a summer sale on the Double Fine Action Shop, come and check out our fine discounted wares! :)

Is it just me, or does this 2HB kinda look like two-headed Malena?

Yeah that's pretty terrible. I'll see if we can figure out some kind of solution for that...

Yeah that's pretty terrible. I'll see if we can figure out some kind of solution for that...

I emailed Fangamer yesterday about shipping for two vinyls; it was over $17, which seems a bit high for domestic US shipping, but I haven't yet received a response. If they use massive, heavy packaging, okay, I can understand that; but usually domestic shipping for vinyls to me costs maybe half that amount.

Kinda off-topic but anyone else think it'd be cool if DF released some 3D printing schematics for some of their characters? I wanted to buy that Eddie Riggs statue a while back but it was waaay too expensive to ship to Australia, especially for a poor student like myself.

That being said I have no idea how much work it takes to make a model print-able, I just know a guy with a printer.

On-topic: As usual I'm broke (don't be a film student people, money becomes a rarity), so I cannot partake in this sale. :'(

I shall get my hands on a floaty pen one day!!

D'aw the Orange Two-Headed Baby shirt my size is all sold out :(! Other than that I can only afford 2 other shirts (that sweet Big Leg and the green two-headed baby! Argh!), which I'll have to contemplate whether the shipping to Aus is worth it or not. Lovely to see other folks are getting some sweet merch though!

Kinda off-topic but anyone else think it'd be cool if DF released some 3D printing schematics for some of their characters? I wanted to buy that Eddie Riggs statue a while back but it was waaay too expensive to ship to Australia, especially for a poor student like myself.

That being said I have no idea how much work it takes to make a model print-able, I just know a guy with a printer.

I'm pretty sure you just... get any 3D model file and send it to the 3D printer and that's that. Then again I don't own one of the things either, so maybe there is some preparation involved that I don't know about.

I hope some day 3D printers will have become so affordable that MOST households own one, and it will be a normal thing for game devs to include print-ready models when you buy their games, as a bonus. Or for more fun, unlock the files as you complete milestones in the game, as rewards. :D

Sign in to follow this