Sign in to follow this  
Headroom

Double Fine Action Faceplate!!

So, I am attempting my hand at a project and I found an image that would be ideal for this project. The problem is that I cannot seem to find a larger, clearer, image than the one itty bitty, almost microscopic, image found on the Double Fine floaty pen. I've cut and cropped it multiple times (and tried to compensate for color loss) from the image attachment below, and it always gets too distorted for me to use.

Specifically, it is the doublefine two-headed baby being shot out of a cannon, with the strong-man ready to catch, with a circus tent backdrop. If anyone can hook me up with a clear image of this.. I'd greatly appreciate the help. I need something that is at least 200 height X 800 length for this fan-made project.

On a side note, I think that this art would make one fantastic bumper sticker, or t-shirt design (like a chest header).

Here is a link to said image, found on the lower portion of the image titled "Back":

http://shop.doublefine.com/ProductImages/floatypen.jpg

I could try to make a vector of that, if you'd like. May take awhile but I promise I'll make it look nice :3 I also may have to do some improvising since some of the characters in the background are rather blurry.

EDIT: Well, for it to fit the 200x800, I'd have to stretch the image out which would make it more distorted. Or I could continue the sky in the background to make up for the white space.

I could try to make a vector of that, if you'd like. May take awhile but I promise I'll make it look nice :3 I also may have to do some improvising since some of the characters in the background are rather blurry.

EDIT: Well, for it to fit the 200x800, I'd have to stretch the image out which would make it more distorted. Or I could continue the sky in the background to make up for the white space.

If you can get me a very clear image of those three things and at a decent scale, I could improvise on the carnival tent back drop via free hand painting it or just use stripes like these forums have. I probably over estimated on the image size so if you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Okay, how's this?
Excellent! Thank you so much. PhotoImpression 4 is all I had to work with and I was getting mega-blur no matter what I did.

Now I to save up money for the paints and stencil to do it..

No prob! I love doing vector stuff like that in photoshop :D Good luck with the stencil-ing!

Nice work there man. You got skillz! Let us see what the final product looks like.

Nice work there man. You got skillz! Let us see what the final product looks like.
I will, once I complete it. Right now funds are tight, so the project has taken a back seat unfortunately.

So..

DoubleFineFaceplate200710.jpg

DoubleFineFaceplate20073.jpg

DoubleFineFaceplate200711.jpg

My project is done & now my Xbox 360 is Double Fine! What do you guys think? :coolsmile:

Thanks you guys.

My digital camera is crappy (3.8mp) and the lighting in our townhome is also. It is actually darker than how the pics turned out, more red and burgandy than apple and burnt tomato. It would've turned out better had I read the fine print on the clear coat spray can. I was aiming for a satin/eggshell finish, but I got a matte/flat clear coat and it dulled out some of the coloring a bit.

I've purchased more materials and two more faceplates to do another couple of projects like this.. (probably other game themes and possibly a Psychonauts one that I've been wanting to do, if I get extra ambitious)

EDIT: I should also mention that I was inspired by "SpaceGhost2k" who has been doing faceplates like this from the TXB forums (also seen in the October edition of Official Xbox Magazine). You can see all his awesome work here: http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=529128

HOLY SHEETS... good lord that is gorgeous wtf o3o kinda makes me want an XBox360... nah, never xD *not an XBox fan*

but geez that is nice Headdy o3o

Thank you for the compliments folks! Since that was my first attempt at a custom, I am open for suggestions for potential future projects and criticisms on that one.

So.. if I did a Psychonauts faceplate, what do you think would look cool? Raz + Logo + swirls by power button maybe? Should I do a Milkman Conspiracy Faceplate instead? Whatcha think? Let me know.

Thank you for the compliments folks! Since that was my first attempt at a custom, I am open for suggestions for potential future projects and criticisms on that one.

So.. if I did a Psychonauts faceplate, what do you think would look cool? Raz + Logo + swirls by power button maybe? Should I do a Milkman Conspiracy Faceplate instead? Whatcha think? Let me know.

I would get that in a heartbeat. Beautiful work, headroom!

Nice work! Next up, a PC case mod? :P

I think a Psychonauts spirally one could look really good, something like this (but more awesome):

psychofaceplatesmall.jpg

psychofaceplatesmall.jpg.0e250bb99964155

I will say, that I would gladly pay you money to make me something similar.

That is by far the best faceplate I have ever seen.

Thanks everyone! I'll take your idea into consideration, Nice Cup of Tea, since I had a similar idea in mind for swirls + Raz.

On a completely seperate and downer subject, my internet is getting cut off on Monday. I won't be around to see comments or criticisms or thoughts for new faceplates. Bills have pilled up on us and I am looking for work right now. (I've been a stay-at-home dad for nearly 3 years now and worked in retail management previously at Best Buy and Lowe's.) Internet has been deemed low on the priority list compared to elect./gas/rent of which we have fallen one month behind on due to vehicle repairs that have escallated into an insufficient funds spiral. Everyone wants their money and we have none to give. In other words, things suck for us right now. I won't be suprised if I am gone away from this forum until sometime spring 08 to get back on our feet.

I'll miss posting here and at TXB because of the genuine posters who are like a forum family, but I gotta get things back on track in my non-virtual world. Wish me luck and I'll miss this place!!

I will say, that I would gladly pay you money to make me something similar.

That is by far the best faceplate I have ever seen.

Thanks Stuk.

If I sold this one, I'd likely have lawyers chasing me for using Double Fine's trademarked logo on it and profiting from it. You know, like Epic's lawyers did to that one guy who made a Marcus Fenix custom vinyl figure. Lol.

Hopefully you recieve this before you leave Headroom. Sorry to hear that you might be leaving. It won't be the same here without you. I'm sure things will work out for you. They have a way of equaling out. Get back to us when you can. The DF community has your back.

Hopefully you recieve this before you leave Headroom. Sorry to hear that you might be leaving. It won't be the same here without you. I'm sure things will work out for you. They have a way of equaling out. Get back to us when you can. The DF community has your back.

Thank you for your support poopdogjr. I've been giving myself stress headaches from thinking about bills, so I've been posting less here to find us a solution to our finacial problems. There's always something worse and people whom aren't as fortunate as me, so I apologize for ranting about this stuff here because it isn't fun. This place should be fun so sorry about complaining about this stuff here. It felt nice to vent.

Here's a quick update on me: We sold some personal belongings to pay some of the bills, so the internet isn't getting cut off now/yet. I had an interview today and it went really well. It went so well that the store manager wants me to meet with their district manager this Thursday for a final interview even though they typically do three interviews (one initial, one follow-up, then one final). It won't pay the same as when I was at work with Best Buy but it is gonna be better than nothing and I can work my way up to getting payed more. If I get this job, I hope that we will get caught up on things before the holidays so that we can give our children a decent Christmas. I'm focused on getting things squared away so I still might not be around much even though my internet is still on.

I ♥ my fellow DFAFers. You guys, girls, furries, psycho-NOTs, rock. Laters and wish me luck!

Pfft, venting is one of the best things people can do about things. I do it all the time. Feels good. Glad to hear things are going better. And best of luck on your interview.

My latest creation:

P1010168.jpg

Btw, the interview went great, but they don't pay enough to allow my wife and I to both work and cover daycare for our children. Still looking..

Hope you get a good job, Headroom! D:

And your faceplates are sweet! :D You should totaly go for making a Milkman Conspiracy themed one.

That's awesome. Does that guy make them to sell or just for the hell of it?