Sign in to follow this  
Chief Wakamakamu

Zack & Wiki: Psychonauts II (in merit and sales, and in "YOU MUST BUY THIS FOOLS!"-ness)

LONG LIVE THE POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE

IT HAS COME BACK FROM THE DEAD, JUST LIKE ASLAN!

Who is getting this game... despite the bad name, and the odd art style? I assume, since this is the doublefine boards, less people are going to care about the art style, but...

EDIT: BTW, I got the game, and it is indeed awesome, and it is indeed selling poorly... just like, guess what? Psychonauts.

SO YOU ALL NEED TO BUY IT!!!! Like you did with PSYCHONAUTS!

Here is the trailer.

Here one of (many) favorable reviews (I think only Gamepro gave it a score less the 8... for being too hard.)

And here is where you should go after watching the trailer and reading that review.

Don't do too much research on this game... 90% of the fun is figuring out the puzzles, and even the Gametrailers video review manages to spoil things...

PEOPLE WHO ROCK:

Chief Wakamakamu

freedombattery

Goldwolf

solidsprite

IF YOU WANT TO ROCK, YOU WILL BUY THIS GAME!

Adventure Game + Wii + Pirates = This game can't possibly not be awesome!

WOOT!

We should have a Zack and Wiki launch party. Just the two of us.

I don't tend to really follow the adventure game scene that closely (A mistake since I love adventure games)

Where might one find out more about this game? with pirates, it can't possibly fail.

Indeed. SID MEIER'S PIRATES, ANYONE?

And I know absolutely nothing about this game, link please.

This looks awesome.

I'm now sorely tempted to pre-order this. Might leave it til tomorrow though, since I already preordered Quake Wars and the HL2 Orange Box today.

This'll slot nicely in between Phantom Hourglass and Prime 3 in the UK.

It's the first Wii game that I've seen (Besides Nintendo's 1st party stuff of course) that I wanted to play. You will have to tell us all about it and spread it's good word.

It's the first Wii game that I've seen (Besides Nintendo's 1st party stuff of course) that I wanted to play. You will have to tell us all about it and spread it's good word.

I will tell you more once I get it. All I really know about it is how freaking awesome it was to figure out the level I was on, and if I told you how that went I would spoil it for you.

That's because 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles tend to be garbage.

I've been looking forward to this game ever since the days when it was known as Treasure Planet Z.

I read about it in Nintendo Power, It looks cool, I'll have to rent it, my game schedule already full on the must-buy side of things: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros.: Brawl, Assassin's Creed, Guitar Hero III and Mass Effect are going to take a while.

I really wish they'd wake up and change the name, but it's probably too late. Treasure Planet Z is much better IMO,

I really wish they'd wake up and change the name, but it's probably too late. Treasure Planet Z is much better IMO,

Agreed... but I don't think it is gonna change.

I'll have to wait for reviews first. I don't know if a Japanese adventure would really be anything near what the old LucasArts ones were.

I'll have to wait for reviews first. I don't know if a Japanese adventure would really be anything near what the old LucasArts ones were.

Phoenix Wright. Need I say more?

Haven't actually played it yet. I'm just afraid of things being lost in translation, mainly.

Haven't actually played it yet. I'm just afraid of things being lost in translation, mainly.

The Phoenix Wright translations are pretty good actually. Most of the japanese culture based jokes have been replaced with ones for a more US audience, and the story certainly doesn't lose anything. I believe the third one even has a "This is Sparta!" Reference in there somewhere

I predict it'll be a fine game. In fact, I'll stake my reputation on it! Zak and Wiiki will be great or your money back!*

*not a guarantee

"I Don't know" "I'm afraid"

Have faith, young... warrior-es! Zack and Wiki will be awesome.

Check out this video.

Sorry to bump my own thread (not really), but... THE REVIEWZ ARE OUT!

IGN REVIEW (9.0)

"It's a strange thing to write, but despite utilizing a control method more akin to classic adventure games - you don't actually control the hero and his sidekick so much as you direct them through levels - Z&W;really uses the Wii remote well. If you've been playing videogames as long as we have, you'll be able to recall those old-time favorites - your Kings Quests, Monkey Islands and Full Throttles - whose point-and-click setup and clever hurdles drew you in. Z-Dub is clearly inspired by some of these hits of yesteryear, which may be a good or bad thing depending upon how you feel about those long-ago hits. Obviously, we still carry the flame."

This should take care of the question of whether the Japanese can re-create an old type of game.

GAMESPOT REVIEW (8.5)

"All told, Zack & Wiki is a winner. It might not win you over with its characters or story, but it will with its wonderfully crafted puzzles and sharp control mechanics. It's just the sort of game Wii owners have been pining for, the sort of game that blends accessibility and challenge into one seamless whole, and does it without devolving into yet another minigame collection. And best of all? This game is retailing for only $40. If you own a Wii, Zack & Wiki belongs in your collection."

And this should answer the question of whether the game Rocks or Not.

Looks like it's living up to what it the little bit of hype it got. Now the real question is, when is it coming to the 360?

The Phoenix Wright translations are pretty good actually. Most of the japanese culture based jokes have been replaced with ones for a more US audience, and the story certainly doesn't lose anything. I believe the third one even has a "This is Sparta!" Reference in there somewhere

I predict it'll be a fine game. In fact, I'll stake my reputation on it! Zak and Wiiki will be great or your money back!*

*not a guarantee

Phoneix Wright? Lost in translation? Hardly!

They made their own translation! The pop culture jokes and awesome well-rounded humor will make you wonder if the game was developed in America.

Trust me, there's a character that speaks leet in the first one.

Also...

GoNintendo promised me that Zak and Wiki would rule! I'm going ot be checking it out this weekend.

Looks like it's living up to what it the little bit of hype it got. Now the real question is, when is it coming to the 360?

NEVER.

Seriously dude, have you even LOOKED at this game? it wouldn't WORK on the 360. Period. It would be like Rayman Raving Rabbids all over again... except even worse.

Very few games have managed kicked my own ass. This game is one of the elite few, and having my ass kicked has never felt so good. Everyone should own a copy of this game, no excuses.

GoNintendo promised me that Zak and Wiki would rule!

RawMeatCowboy never lies.