Sign in to follow this  
Chief Wakamakamu

Zack & Wiki: Psychonauts II (in merit and sales, and in "YOU MUST BUY THIS FOOLS!"-ness)

UPDATE: I got Zack & Wiki.

I am amused with the way they have not localized any of the sounds in the game, giving my inner Japanese nerd something to chew on. :3

It's also quite difficult!

The in game hints are effective (for once)... but sharply expensive!

*alt-tabs out of gameFAQs*

:)

Don't use gameFAQs, use the IGN guide. it has a "hints" section which avoids giving things away.

Don't use gameFAQs, use the IGN guide. it has a "hints" section which avoids giving things away.

Yes, don't worry. The guide I'm using is similar. You can read up to four hints, in order from just a nudge in the right direction to a bit more direct.

Also... in the ice world... has ANYONE managed to pass that bell-ringing bonus section with Barbaros' head musician?

As far as I can tell, it seems impossible @_@

Yes, don't worry. The guide I'm using is similar. You can read up to four hints, in order from just a nudge in the right direction to a bit more direct.

Also... in the ice world... has ANYONE managed to pass that bell-ringing bonus section with Barbaros' head musician?

Holy pretzels, Barbarossa is in this?! They don't throw Barbary corsair's around for no reason; also, does he have a red-beard? I am curious as to whether Oruç is in it aswell...

I think I shall have to buy this now. Even if it means purchasing it before I obtain a Wii.

Also, thanks for the link, Hermit; that should prove rather useful.

Holy pretzels, Barbarossa is in this?! They don't throw Barbary corsair's around for no reason; also, does he have a red-beard? I am curious as to whether Oruç is in it aswell...

I think I shall have to buy this now. Even if it means purchasing it before I obtain a Wii.

Also, thanks for the link, Hermit; that should prove rather useful.

Yes, you shall have to indeed.

High five Goldwolf! If one more person joins the club we can form a curling team! (Hey, it's more fun than you'd think.)

+1

High five Goldwolf! If one more person joins the club we can form a curling team! (Hey, it's more fun than you'd think.)

+1

You bought it?

WOOOOT!

Today...err, yesterday. Haven't really gotten that far in it yet. I needed something to play after Galaxy, which I'm almost done with.

(Zacku!)

Also… in the ice world… has ANYONE managed to pass that bell-ringing bonus section with Barbaros’ head musician?

After I read that I went back and searched for this. I always noticed those little heads, but never realized I could bring them to life. Anyhow, I didn't find it too hard. Maybe you're holding the remote wrong? I held it vertically and striked forward swiftly, like I was hitting something hard.

The bit I have trouble with is the extended, long-note parts. Do I need to swing in rhythm? I could never get it down. And also what do you get for winning. o.O

Rejoice Europeans! It is out! Go buy it.

I'll be picking up my copy one Monday because if I buy it today I'll just play for three days straight and get no work done on my dissertation.

Rejoice Europeans! It is out! Go buy it.

I'll be picking up my copy one Monday because if I buy it today I'll just play for three days straight and get no work done on my dissertation.

::is too broke::

Theres a monkey solution to one of the puzzles. If you can't figure out how to do it the right way, you can shake the controller for half an hour to break open a block of ice. It's brilliant! Considering thats one of the harder puzzles in the game, I actually ended up doing it (I figured out how to do it the right way later).

Can you give me any more examples of these "monkey solutions"? I can't think of any at the moment...

Nope. I said to ONE of the puzzles.

Supposedly, there is one for the first boss too.

So do we know how well it sold? Like actual numbers. Hopefully it did decent enough.

So do we know how well it sold? Like actual numbers. Hopefully it did decent enough.

I'd heard 35,000 units in their first month, but that's not bad considering the christmas period was really overstocked with games. The PC version of UTIII didn't even reach that in it's first month of release. Of course with any luck it'll do well over here. if it's sold 130,000 up til now I'm sure with Europe's help we'll break 200,000 :P

That doesn't seem too bad. It really should be higher, but the world ain't perfect. It's still on the shelves right? They haven't pulled it yet? Maybe with a price cut it will continue to do well.

UT3 for the PC sold less? Wow. I heard Crysis sold kinda poor too. But Crysis needs like skynet to run, so that doesn't seem to suprising.

That doesn't seem too bad. It really should be higher, but the world ain't perfect. It's still on the shelves right? They haven't pulled it yet? Maybe with a price cut it will continue to do well.

UT3 for the PC sold less? Wow. I heard Crysis sold kinda poor too. But Crysis needs like skynet to run, so that doesn't seem to suprising.

Crysis sold about 80,000 in it's first month as I recall. Not great for a game of that budget really. But then the rig needed is of epic proportions (I'm running it at about 25fps on medium settings)

Zack & Wiki: It's like someone wrapped a gold brick in kiddy wrapping paper, hence making it a useless toy--at least by my superficial standards.

Zack & Wiki: It's like someone wrapped a gold brick in kiddy wrapping paper, hence making it a useless toy--at least by my superficial standards.

Your superficial standards are why games like this fail.

Went into HMV on Covent Garden today and couldn't see it there at all, which annoyed me. Ordered it online instead, so it's on it's way. I'm excited.

^ I think he was just joking.

That's quite a bit. If I may ask, where did you get that number?

Vgchartz.

Most accurate site in the world, I know.

Hey guys, the price just dropped to $30 world wide... if you don't get it now, you do not deserve to live!

I don't have a Wii.

I repeat: If you don't get this now, you don't deserve to live!

But I have no moneys.

I don't have a Wii.

I repeat: If you don't get this now, you don't deserve to live!

But I have no moneys.

I repeat: If you don't get this game now, you don't deserve to live!

My order finally shipped today from an Amazon.co.uk marketplace seller. Getting hold of this game has been insanely diffifult. HMV, Zavvi, and GAME on Oxford Street didn't have any copies in, nor had they ever. GAME randomly changed the status of my order because they're out of stock online, so I cancelled it and ordered it elsewhere. Sounds like they didn't ship out nearly enough units to the UK; it's out of stock pretty much everywhere.

I heard it was going for like 20 bucks at some Wal-Marts. I dunno if anyone buys their games there but that's kinda a deal right?

Finally came today, and I've played the first couple of hours and love it. Reminds me a lot of Gobliiins, which was a really old point-and-click game where each screen was it's own puzzle. Like the idea of ratings for each puzzle too; I can see myself aiming for all Unpuzzleable ratings once I've finished it.

Finally came today, and I've played the first couple of hours and love it. Reminds me a lot of Gobliiins, which was a really old point-and-click game where each screen was it's own puzzle. Like the idea of ratings for each puzzle too; I can see myself aiming for all Unpuzzleable ratings once I've finished it.

This game is, indeed, awesome.