Sign in to follow this  
XShadowOfMetalX

Brutal Legend on Xbox One

Being announced by Microsoft back at E3 about the Xbox One backward compatibility with Xbox 360 games and thought this would be an interesting discussion. Is it possible that we would see Brutal Legend backward compatible at some point? And also, what are your thoughts on it?

I would really love to see this too. Having backward compatibility for Call of Duty games is just not what I'm looking for. I want Brutal Legend! :)

Wouldn't it be easier (and better) to make a native port directly from the improved PC version?

While I would love a port (Definitive Edition) of the game, I just can't see that happening considering the PC version came out only 2 years ago and it would still cost money for Double Fine to port it over to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Also to mention the PC version was a port as I recall. From what I remember reading, Microsoft does need permission from the developers in order to have the games on the Xbox One, so I personally think backwards compatibility is a much higher chance of seeing rather than a port.

Also the fact that Psychonauts was on the backwards compatibility list for Original Xbox games to be played on the Xbox 360 so I thought it is much more possible to see Brutal Legend being played on the Xbox One.

I just can't see that happening considering the PC version came out only 2 years ago and it would still cost money for Double Fine to port it over to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Since the PC version is already made, and since the Xbox One and PS4 have similar architecture to a PC, the work needed to port can be 'easily' accomplished.

Also to mention the PC version was a port as I recall.

A good one. Still, there's no problem with that.

From what I remember reading, Microsoft does need permission from the developers in order to have the games on the Xbox One, so I personally think backwards compatibility is a much higher chance of seeing rather than a port.

But isn't the 360/PS3 version dependent of EA? With a dedicated version for the new consoles, they don't have to deal with them and all profits go to DF. Not to mention, it takes advantage of the new hardware.

That would be great if they did a port for the next gen. I think you could also do one for the wiiu too, the game pad could be useful for quick select of units or solos.

Edit: But ps4 and xboxone would be best for ports.

That would be great if they did a port for the next gen. I think you could also do one for the wiiu too, the game pad could be useful for quick select of units or solos.

Edit: But ps4 and xboxone would be best for ports.

I think a Wii U port would be off the table due to low ROI.

Remastered, or just reverse compatibility, or even seeing it offered with Playstation Store or Xbox Store for the PS4 or Xbox One...  I literally BEG for that to happen, just so I can once again cruise around in the Deuce as Eddie Riggs...