Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Asif Siddiky

AF2014 Blu Ray Update: Manufactured and Ready For Shipping

Took me a while to figure it out, too. Place the lower edge of the disc against the spring clips and push so the disc depresses the clips (If it requires too much force, use a finger to help depress the clip) until the top edge of the disc can slide past those little nubs.

Thank you so much! I'll probably play around with taking it out and putting it back in this evening just so I get used to it.

My packet found it's way to Northern Europe today! It's cool! Yay! How do I redeem the card? Thanks!

I believe this should work:

1. Go to the URL on the card

2. Select the Amnesia Fortnight Bundle in the product slideshow Under The Double Fine Video Library Catalog, find Amnesia Fortnight 2014

3. Click 'Purchase Now' 'Watch $10'

4. In the right-hand sidebar, click Use Code

5. Fill out whatever other information the form requires and click Buy.

Edit: Clarified the correct items to find/select.

2. Select the Amnesia Fortnight Bundle in the product slideshow

3. Click 'Purchase Now'

Wow, that was fast! Thank you!

I feel like I'm being stupid. Mine arrived this afternoon, open it up and find disc two is loose and free but nothing seems to be broken. I just can't work out how to put it into whatever mechanism the case is. It sort of feels like I need to push it past one of the side clips, but it's requiring such force that I daren't try any further.

Took me a while to figure it out, too. Place the lower edge of the disc against the spring clips and push so the disc depresses the clips (If it requires too much force, use a finger to help depress the clip) until the top edge of the disc can slide past those little nubs.

I think we're going to move away from this style of packaging. It's supposed to hold up to shipping better than the traditional spindle style but getting the discs in and out is a bit of a pain.

Got mine here in Sweden. This is the first time my five year old computer which I chose in part because it came with a blue ray drive, actually gets to taste a blue ray. And it doesn't work on either of the blue ray discs, only the DVD disc! I feel like Sony cheated me!

Also, went to the AF2014.doublefine.com site you printed on the card in the package. Where on that page are you supposed to enter the access code?

Got mine here in Sweden. This is the first time my five year old computer which I chose in part because it came with a blue ray drive, actually gets to taste a blue ray. And it doesn't work on either of the blue ray discs, only the DVD disc! I feel like Sony cheated me!

Oh no! Does it work on another blu-ray player? You may need to get some blu-ray playback software for your PC in addition to the drive. I know that on the Mac I needed to get another program specific for that purpose.

I feel like I'm being stupid. Mine arrived this afternoon, open it up and find disc two is loose and free but nothing seems to be broken. I just can't work out how to put it into whatever mechanism the case is. It sort of feels like I need to push it past one of the side clips, but it's requiring such force that I daren't try any further.

I think we're going to move away from this style of packaging. It's supposed to hold up to shipping better than the traditional spindle style but getting the discs in and out is a bit of a pain.
it doesn't if the disc dont get packed in right and you end up with two disc twos... I guess its a double.... Fine...

20150912_165429.jpg

20150912_165429.jpg.93d320590262692b7401

it doesn't if the disc dont get packed in right and you end up with two disc twos... I guess its a double.... Fine...
Ah! Bummer. You can contact orders@fangamer.com for a replacement :(

Sorry guys- it's been a while since I've played or installed any games on a PC.

How in the world do I install them or run them from the disc?

When I try to "run" Game off the disc, it tells me to extract. I copy the folder to my computer and run "game", it says:

"The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

I haven't been able to find install instructions.

My packet found it's way to Northern Europe today! It's cool! Yay! How do I redeem the card? Thanks!

3. Click 'Purchase Now'

I'm a bit late trying out the card, but well.... it doesn't work for me. :S

It simply says "Sorry, the coupon you have entered is not valid.".... checked the code several times, no typo on my side.

Is it the same content as the DVDs? If so it's no loss... otherwise: I'd really like to have my copy. :)

3. Click 'Purchase Now'

I'm a bit late trying out the card, but well.... it doesn't work for me. :S

It simply says "Sorry, the coupon you have entered is not valid.".... checked the code several times, no typo on my side.

Is it the same content as the DVDs? If so it's no loss... otherwise: I'd really like to have my copy. :)

Same problem here. Not a valid coupon.

Hey guys,

to help us get to the bottom of this, could you please email support@doublefine.com, and send us your code.

We'll get you replacement codes, and also work out what's going on here!

thanks!

Hey guys,

to help us get to the bottom of this, could you please email support@doublefine.com, and send us your code.

We'll get you replacement codes, and also work out what's going on here!

thanks!

I get the same problem. I'll e-mail them now, thanks!

How long will this kind of support last? I don't expect to use my code anytime soon, and I don't want it to be bad when I do decide to use it.

Is everyone trying to get the AF2014 product or the AF2012+AF2014 bundle? Make sure you're picking just AF2014, that's what the codes are set to work with.

Is everyone trying to get the AF2014 product or the AF2012+AF2014 bundle? Make sure you're picking just AF2014, that's what the codes are set to work with.

oops. It's working now :) I wasnt really paying attention, I just clicked on Amnesia Fortnight bundle. Kind of did not register the "bundle" word. Sorry for all the trouble. It's working now. Thanks!

Yeah that was the problem.

"2. Select the Amnesia Fortnight Bundle in the product slideshow" ....the AF2014 isn't in the slideshow, so didn't even have the idea to check below if there is a different bundle.

Problem solved. Thanks. :)

Maybe it would be helpful to actually set up a direct link to the product from the AF2014.doublefine.com URL, instead of just linking to the shop. (since that's the url printed on the card and there are no additional hints what to do and what you actually can redeem)

Is anyone else having trouble with disc 3? I popped it in the drive and it took ages to load but when it did all I got was... this.

Am I missing something?

disc3.png

disc3.png.4e778572074baa73eff61059be1ee8

That seems like the normal structure. Didn't you have any problems with disc 2? They're both working the same way. Just try to load it up with PowerDVD or a similar program (which supports regional codes).

That seems like the normal structure. Didn't you have any problems with disc 2? They're both working the same way. Just try to load it up with PowerDVD or a similar program (which supports regional codes).

Sorry for the confusion! That's disc 3. Disc 2 works perfectly

My Disc 3 looks identical (just judging from the root folder in your screenshot) and is working. Boots right up in PowerDVD when i'm double clicking the Drive-Icon in the explorer. (don't navigate via the tree).

But well since it takes ages to load, something seems off anyways... my guess is you should contact fangamer for a replacement if nothing else helps?

Maybe it would be helpful to actually set up a direct link to the product from the AF2014.doublefine.com URL, instead of just linking to the shop. (since that's the url printed on the card and there are no additional hints what to do and what you actually can redeem)

On one hand, I kind of see why it was done the way it was; I can see why they might want to send you to the main DF portal on VHX, to show you the other things they have available as well.

On the other hand, I agree with you; it would be better if it took you to a page about the AF2014 product and had a button for "redeem code" or something to make the redemption process dirt-simple. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like VHX has separate product pages for these items; when you click on the Watch Now button, it opens a dialog at the side of the window to walk you through checkout.

The good news is that you can get the URL directly to the Buy dialog/page (If you turn off JavaScript); so if you go to the following URL, you should be able to put in your info and redeem your code: http://adventure.doublefine.com/buy/amnesia-fortnight-2014

(I've also updated my original post with better instructions.)

Sorry for the confusion! That's disc 3. Disc 2 works perfectly

Do you notice anything strange about the data side of your disc in comparison to disc 2?

Early june this year we received an email about VHX keys being added to Humblebundle for Amensia Fortnight 2014. Are the code on the little card for the same thing or is there any difference? If so, that would probably explain why I can't redeem my code.

Early june this year we received an email about VHX keys being added to Humblebundle for Amensia Fortnight 2014. Are the code on the little card for the same thing or is there any difference? If so, that would probably explain why I can't redeem my code.
It's the same thing, so if you already have AF2014 in your VHX library the code probably won't work.

It's the same thing, so if you already have AF2014 in your VHX library the code probably won't work.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this