Sign in to follow this  
hot

what is your attitude towards ALCOHOL??????????

Meh. I'm not a drinker really. Maybe socially, but I have never paid for alcohol myself and can't really be bothered to. Being 18 (legal age in Australia), my friends all think I'm weird for not wanting to party and get drunk every weekend.
hmm, it's starting to look like a niche video game forum is not where we're going to find all the hardcore party people. whoda thunk!
except for jel though, what with all the things he's sticking up his butt. party to the max, dude

meh I'm more into staying at home playing games. my butt is exit only

Meh. I'm not a drinker really. Maybe socially, but I have never paid for alcohol myself and can't really be bothered to. Being 18 (legal age in Australia), my friends all think I'm weird for not wanting to party and get drunk every weekend.
hmm, it's starting to look like a niche video game forum is not where we're going to find all the hardcore party people. whoda thunk!
except for jel though, what with all the things he's sticking up his butt. party to the max, dude

meh I'm more into staying at home playing games. my butt is exit only

exit only, huh? does that mean the other end is the entrance....................

lol make this thread stop

My idea of alcohol is that it was a useful tool when you had disc games you wanted to run without the hassle of dealing with a disc drive or disc drive speeds, back when all games seemed to have pain in the arse on disc data protection schemes going. Of course, digital distribution solved that end of the problem (now if we could just get rid of online required games when not played in multiplayer...), so I no longer use Alcohol.

Oh, you meant some other kind of alcohol? Well, it's useful for disinfecting stuff, I used it a lot for hand disinfection and lab equipment disinfection when I took summer research stipends in a microbiology lab.

What, inbibe it? Never saw much need for that. I'm the perpetual designated driver in any party I join.

Love the beers. Always fun to try new ones. Just had a Peach IPL from a local brewery here in sweden.

Don't care for and don't know anything about whine, and don't care for liquor other then that I want some Gin&Tonic; drinks during the summer. Whiskey and similiar stuff still taste like poison to me.

I very much enjoy drinking. It's a great social lubricant and it's fun to lower your inhibitions once in a while. Like most things, of course, it has its potential downsides and should be enjoyed in moderation (although for me this tends to mean one big blowout occasionally rather than a glass of wine every night).

My mom has a "Life is too short to drink bad booze." sign hanging up in the kitchen. I enjoy a good mixed drink about once or twice a week, but only one.

Gaming tip: If the game you're playing is too easy and has no built-in difficulty settings, you can adjust the difficulty with alcohol. Works especially well where reaction times are important.

I very much enjoy drinking. It's a great social lubricant and it's fun to lower your inhibitions once in a while. Like most things, of course, it has its potential downsides and should be enjoyed in moderation (although for me this tends to mean one big blowout occasionally rather than a glass of wine every night).

I was in a student union while I was studying and drank a lot for this reason. Pretty much every event they arranged was centered around consumption of alcohol; something that did help people get to know each other quickly, but was also unfortunate, since it made it more exclusive to those who did not drink.

These days I mostly just drink a beer or two as part of a meal a couple of times a week, and I occasionally drink a glass or two of whisky. I'm very fond of Islay whiskys, but pretty much anything Scotch goes. I like some cognacs too, but most taste too citrusy for my taste. I don't have any particular preferences in beer, but I like something with a bit of flavor, and never drink stuff like (the American) Budweiser or Heineken.

bowl of gummi bears, add vodka, leave in fridge overnight.

tampon in vodka, put in the nether regions

Skim Milk. Gummi Bears. Pure Genius.

Suudsu.PNG

On topic: I've been drunk before, though only a handful of times and I don't drink to get drunk. I also don't drink but on rare occasion, like a social gathering, or maybe if someone handed me one. I'm really rather indifferent to drinking beer. I mean, it's nothing special. I can drink it, sure, but why should I care? I could drink a beer or drink something else non-alcoholic instead. Whatever.

What I don't understand is why some people who do drink to get drunk do so on the crappy cheap stuff like Natural Light or Keystone. I mean, if you're trying to get drunk, why wouldn't you get some vodka and orange juice or something and make a good tasting drink that gets you lit fast. Not that I prefer drunkenness of any kind in people, it just doesn't make sense why one would drink that swill at all.

I got really drunk once. I didn't like it.

I like the taste of some alcohol (cider, port, irish cream...), and being tipsy can be fun on occasion.

I don't like the crashing it does to my immune system.

I like it very much especially on Monday nights as that's when I participate in the weekly pub quiz that I go to with my flat mate as Monday also signifies the end of my working 'week' as my shifts are 6am to 10am Friday to Monday, except when covering holidays like what I'll be doing in a couple of weeks which'll mean that I'll have 11 days working straight through with no gap. As for the alcohol I mostly drink cider or lager but tend to switch to spiced rum and coke later on, like around now.

Alcohol is okay, but I prefer other ways to get inebriated.

Party at Leroy's!

spartan.jpg

MY NAME IS GREG

I GIVE GOOD HUGS

YOU'RE NOT MY FRIEND

IF YOU DO DRUGS