Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Announcing Headlander!

Headlander is a retro-futuristic, side scrolling, action-adventure game set in a world inspired by 70’s science fiction. It is a world of automation, a utopia gone wrong in which all of humanity have transferred their minds into robotic imposter bodies and are ruled by a deranged computer. It's being published by Adult Swim, and has Stacking's Lee Petty at the helm here on the good ship Double Fine.

You are the last known human in the universe, and all that's left of you is a disembodied head. Seeking clues to your fractured past, you must travel through a hostile world of machines, using a special helmet that allows you to dock into and take control of any robotic host body. As you launch from one body to the next, you'll start to discover that things are not quite what they appear to be, and the fate of humanity has yet to be decided…

Release date and platforms: TBA

(but essentially: next year, computers and consoles)

01T8Yh9-whQ

4DBYAc8.jpg

ryPjIrw.jpg

pANJVTT.jpg

9DOAAX6.jpg

CynbPNj.jpg

ngwaoDD.jpg

OjFEMsv.jpg

a8a67vj.jpg

Headlander: There can be only fun

You can have that. That's my gift to you.

The part at the 48 second mark where he is on wheels gave me vibes of the NES Crash Test Dummies game, where every other level your character would be on a unicycle.

Incredible-Crash-Dummies-The-U-5B-p-5D-0.png

Wow. Looks great. Can't wait to hear/see/feel/smell/touch more. :)

Especially smell. I imagine it will smell similar to that artificial strawberry smell ("strawberry smell smell") with a hint of BO, but only time will tell.

New Screenshot!

Thank you. I will make love to it immediately.

Release date and platforms: TBA

(but essentially: next year, computers and consoles)

In recent interviews and articles, it only says PS4 and Vita, and one even said console exclusive. PC version still on the table, or do I need to get sad, and a bit poorer?

The announced platforms are PS4, PC and Mac.

It is not coming out on Vita -- that was a mistake.

The announced platforms are PS4, PC and Mac.

It is not coming out on Vita -- that was a mistake.

Great to hear. I might buy a PS4 later on, but PC is my home turf.

Really excited about this game. The art looks incredible. I'm wondering if there'll be any way to zoom in during the game? I remember loving the art for The Cave, but sometimes everything felt a bit too small, as though I was watching the game but not quite in it. Maybe that's just the adventure gamer in me!

Also, is this coming anytime soon? Like in the summer? :D

Guess I was late in the game to paying attention to the platforms. No Linux? Isn't this running on the Buddha engine (modified, I'm sure)? I know we're a fraction of your sales numbers, but DF has been decently dedicated to the platform for a while. I was really looking forward to this game. :-\

[Edit] Even Adult Swim has supported Linux in the past. Jazz Punk comes to mind [/edit]

No one, except Vita owners.

Fair enough.

And a couple of months later, I myself buy a Vita.

Irony.

Guess I was late in the game to paying attention to the platforms. No Linux? Isn't this running on the Buddha engine (modified, I'm sure)? I know we're a fraction of your sales numbers, but DF has been decently dedicated to the platform for a while. I was really looking forward to this game. :-\

[Edit] Even Adult Swim has supported Linux in the past. Jazz Punk comes to mind [/edit]

Yeah, I've tried not to get too excited about this game yet, since they haven't said anything about it coming to Linux. I love the look of it though, so I hope we get a chance to play it.

I want to play it on Linus. The BLANKET engine is the best.

They keep patching it, swearing up and down that it's going to work this time. Never does.