Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Headlander Q&A with Lee and the team

Many recent Double Fine games have introduced new tech into either the Moai or Buddha engines. Any new tech planned?

And the crazy amount of tech in getting that dog headlandable that was done after days of brow beating and verbal harassment by Lee (just kidding, it was pretty straightforward, and the verbal harassment by Lee is constant anyway...just kidding again...maybe)

Oh man. Lee is reading this thread. Now he's gonna come by your desk with a baseball bat.

Ehh...that's our recurring Wednesday meeting.

Can the dog be named Red Rocket? I mean, just in case we haven't made this whole dog/head thing crude and disgusting enough yet.

Never let the stupid, giggling child within you die.

Many recent Double Fine games have introduced new tech into either the Moai or Buddha engines. Any new tech planned?

And the crazy amount of tech in getting that dog headlandable that was done after days of brow beating and verbal harassment by Lee (just kidding, it was pretty straightforward, and the verbal harassment by Lee is constant anyway...just kidding again...maybe)

Oh man. Lee is reading this thread. Now he's gonna come by your desk with a baseball bat.

I just googled Lee Petty and this image came up. What do you think it means?

grid-cell-21996-1387825187-17.jpg

Lee totally carries that Dentistry book around ALL the time.

Lee totally carries that Dentistry book around ALL the time.

Oral hygiene is important, Kee.

I cannot wait for Lee's oral hygiene game.

Also, legit question, if you could only be the project lead or an artist on a project, which would you choose?

I cannot wait for Lee's oral hygiene game.

Also, legit question, if you could only be the project lead or an artist on a project, which would you choose?

That's a hard one. I consider myself more of an artist than a project lead, I suppose. So if I could only ever do one, it would probably be an artist in some form -- Art Director or otherwise.

That being said, the opportunity to lead a project is a rare honor in this industry and I feel extremely lucky to have been given that chance.

Luckily, so far, I haven't had to choose only one thing to do in my career. I've done a lot of different things and that is nice, too.

Question for DF Kee: is DF Lee your alter ego? and if so which one of you is the evil one? He does have the alphabetical advantage over you.

Question for DF Lee: Will we ever have to deal with challenges such as our head running out of fuel or navigating high/low gravity zones? or is it focused os other types of platforming? (err head-jetting)

A lot of the screenshots really remind me of Milla's level from Psychonauts. Was there any inspiration draw from that Psychonauts level? Where was the idea of the 70s setting sparked from?

I think Milla's level in psychonauts was 70s inspired as well, so maybe the similarities are just a product of drawing on a similar decade. I hadn't thought of that, though. ^^

Question for DF Kee: is DF Lee your alter ego? and if so which one of you is the evil one? He does have the alphabetical advantage over you.

Question for DF Lee: Will we ever have to deal with challenges such as our head running out of fuel or navigating high/low gravity zones? or is it focused os other types of platforming? (err head-jetting)

HE DOES HAVE THE ALPHABETICAL ADVANTAGE!!! I MUST DESTROY HIM!! I mean...ahem...it's pretty clear that HE's the evil one.

If Kee and Lee were a power couple, they would be Leekee.

Smiles

Theme song of this thread?

Mr. Lee (the Bobbettes)?

Also, Kee, will there be any Middle Manager easter eggs?

If Kee and Lee were a power couple, they would be Leekee.

Smiles

Ahhh maaaan. Lee still goes first!

Theme song of this thread?

Mr. Lee (the Bobbettes)?

Also, Kee, will there be any Middle Manager easter eggs?

That would be pretty awesome! Maybe I can sucker...I mean...CONVINCE Lee to add some in.

It's looking pretty sweet! Will there be any development diaries, production notes, teamstreams, etc. as you progress, or have I been spoiled by Broken Age and MASSIVE CHALICE?

P.S. I picture them as Agent Kee and Agent Lee like Men in Black.

It's looking pretty sweet! Will there be any development diaries, production notes, teamstreams, etc. as you progress, or have I been spoiled by Broken Age and MASSIVE CHALICE?

P.S. I picture them as Agent Kee and Agent Lee like Men in Black.

We are not currently planning on doing any streams. We are occasionally filming some behind the scenes sort of things that we will release, once we figure out what to do with them!

What exactly inspired this game mechanic? Or did it just come off the top of your head?

What exactly inspired this game mechanic? Or did it just come off the top of your head?

883801783740824649.jpg

I use a Dvorak keyboard layout, but Headlander seems to assume Qwerty. Also, my PS1 controller on USB adapter doesn't work. The controller works perfectly in DOTT.

Is this a bug, by design, or am I missing something?

Edited by 42