Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

It's Contest Time: Day of the Tentacle Beauty Contest

OK you guys, we have some Day of the Tentacle posters left over from PAX, and you can win them by entering this Excellent Beauty Contest for Humans.

dottbeauty.png

TO ENTER!

Please provide either

- photos + audio

- and / or video

of your well groomed pet human (or yourself) and post them in reply to this thread.

Entrants will be judged on:

- Best Hair

- Best Smile

- Best Laugh

Please note: Entries will be judged by the Tentacle Judging Committee, so make sure to familiarise yourself with their preferences by studying the previous (future) winners in the image above.

Also: You'll be competing directly with Judge's favourite, Harold, so you'd better bust out your best wigs / spaghetti* / fake teeth / etc

PRIZES!

- First place will win a Purple and a Green Tentacle poster, signed by Tim

- Runners up will win a Green Tentacle Poster, also signed by Tim

xS92raY.jpg

Contest closes on Monday or therabouts!

This could be you**

beauty.jpg

* Spaghetti hair will be judged favourably

** no trophy or certificate will be provided

I Lave- I mean Miss Stripey Tentacle lady

1658205_374266902731368_5601337403071683041_o.jpg

would like to enter my radiant human, Laverne, who is from the Supermodel species of human into the beauty contest:

laverne.jpeg

Everyone else might as well go home as no one is as much of a vision as my man cub.

It's too bad DFAF doesn't have a like button.

PS: welcome to DFAF la-la-laverne!

Never said it didn't, there's a fair few ☺ but the pictures I posted are of me

I'd spotted that cosplay ages ago and thought it was the best Laverne I'd ever seen. Awesome work.

Hope to see a bunch more entries from everybody else! Moar spaghetti hair!

Never said it didn't, there's a fair few ☺ but the pictures I posted are of me

I'd spotted that cosplay ages ago and thought it was the best Laverne I'd ever seen. Awesome work.

Hope to see a bunch more entries from everybody else! Moar spaghetti hair!

ahahahahaha thanks, I thought it would take years perfecting the eye and walk until I realized it came naturally ¬_¬

and now I just need to work out how to make a Max (Sam & Max) costume...

p.s. AnAnemoneInAnonymity thanks!

ahahahahaha thanks, I thought it would take years perfecting the eye and walk until I realized it came naturally ¬_¬

Ha ha, I was going to say that you had nailed Laverne's body posture and expressions down perfectly :D

Ahhh, I know, right? I've been wanting to do Max for a while, but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to making costumes like that. It feels like foam's going to be the way to go for the head and feet, but it'll get mad hot.

Ha ha, I was going to say that you had nailed Laverne's body posture and expressions down perfectly :D

Ahhh, I know, right? I've been wanting to do Max for a while, but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to making costumes like that. It feels like foam's going to be the way to go for the head and feet, but it'll get mad hot.

I always say the most important part to cosplay is the body language and characterization, I had such a blast being at Eurogamer as Laverne, waddling around past all the Lara Crofts and such!

Max is my ultimate favourite character and my spirit animal but same, I haven't worked out how to make him and do him well as I can't make him like say the big suits but there are ways to adapt it. I'm also trying to work out how to do Roger Rabbit, Rabbids and Lola Bunny so hopefully I will find a formula I can use for all 4

This cosplay is all fantastic! :)

That being said, we want to see some more dodgy homemade (spaghetti based) costumes going on please. :)

OKOK, let's close this down and make an easier contest to enter :)

La-La-Laverne, i'll send you some posters for your excellent cosplayer efforts, pm me with your address!