Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

It could be nothing, but...

count.PNG

The start of a countdown to something? I don't think it's been confirmed what Brad moved onto after Massive Chalice, but it's unlikely to be his own project because it seems doubtful they'd announce something so soon after releasing Massive Chalice. But it would be weird for him to be unilaterally hinting at someone else's game.

So... it could just be something he's looking forward to.

It could be DLC but I seem to recall some tweet a while back saying there were no current MC dlc plans.

It could be a DF project he's excited about/involved in.

It could not even be a countdown (guess we'll find out tomorrow)

He might just really like the number 10.

If it IS a countdown, zero is on the 1st of next month.

Anyway, just a bit of fun.

Maybe it's just his fav number.

Mine's seventeen.

Mine is five.

Hey, speaking of numbers we like or don't like, does anyone else have secret rules about what numbers the television volume is/isn't allowed to be set to? My secret rules are that the television volume:

1) Cannot be set to a prime number

2) Multiples of 5 are most preferred

3) All composite numbers are okay, but if dividing the number by 2 or 3 results in a prime number, it is better to change to a number that when divided by 2 or 3 gives a composite number or a multiple of 5. For example, 14 is an *acceptable* number, but 15 is waaay better.

Strangely, I eventually found out that one of my brothers and one of my sisters also independently arrived at these same secret rules. We only did it intuitively at first, just having a "gut feeling" about which numbers were good or bad, but then when we found out that we all do it, we sat down and really thought about it and figured out the secret reasoning that was guiding our intuitions.

When we were growing up and still living together, if anyone set the tv volume to a "bad number" we would make them change it. ;-)

I also have this rule. :)

Hmm. Been 23 hours apparently. It must be nearly nine time. Then maybe we'll at least know if he's counting down to something...

... not that that really helps a whole lot. (Maybe he's just doing this to see how many of us weirdos stalk his twitter.)

I also have this rule. :)

Hmm. Been 23 hours apparently. It must be nearly nine time. Then maybe we'll at least know if he's counting down to something...

... not that that really helps a whole lot. (Maybe he's just doing this to see how many of us weirdos stalk his twitter.)

*twist*

The next number he posts is 37.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

He just tweeted NINE.

Same time too, which is also the time that DF often announce things. Which I know because in my old job I was always trying to catch a train at the time

I was just coming here to report that it looks like both are gone.

He was just counting down to nine. ^_^

To me this suggests it is an announcement, but they were worried about publicising it possibly because it might be construed as dodgy on the part of whoever is publishing. Probably playing it safe.

To me this suggests it is an announcement, but they were worried about publicising it possibly because it might be construed as dodgy on the part of whoever is publishing. Probably playing it safe.

Oh man, if they find out we know this stuff, we're dead!

hqdefault.jpg

It seems it was a countdown to Brad Muir's last day at Double Fine! He's moving to Seattle:

Wishing you the best!

It seems it was a countdown to Brad Muir's last day at Double Fine! He's moving to Seattle:

Wishing you the best!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I mean good luck!

I mean noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I mean, um, um, um

Aw. Sad to see him go. He's a great asset. Best of luck in new endeavors though!

Smiles

Sad to see Brad leave Double Fine. I absolutely loved the Massive Chalice Team Streams (and the game we got from it as well).

Isn't that little indie dev called Valve Corporation headquartered near Seattle? And isn't Brad a big fan of that game called Dota 2 that only nerds understand?

Sad to see Brad leave Double Fine. I absolutely loved the Massive Chalice Team Streams (and the game we got from it as well).

Isn't that little indie dev called Valve Corporation headquartered near Seattle? And isn't Brad a big fan of that game called Dota 2 that only nerds understand?

I chalked it up to his changing family dynamics. #babies #money #costofliving #neighborhood #school

Good luck with whatever you shall be doing next Brad! I've really enjoyed everything you've done with Double Fine and will be looking forward to your future endeavors \o/

Sign in to follow this