Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

It could be nothing, but...

Sound the horns of "Farewell, Brad, we'll miss you here, but congratulations on your new position and good luck!".

HE'S A CHUMP AND WE WON'T MISS HIM AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

>:''''''''''(

Hope y'all will come watch his farewell livestream tomorrow and tell him what a jerk he is!!!

HE'S A CHUMP AND WE WON'T MISS HIM AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

>:''''''''''(

Hope y'all will come watch his farewell livestream tomorrow and tell him what a jerk he is!!!

Here's your damn goodbye cake, Brad.

tumblr_mc5u6hwnpb1qiux7x.jpg

Bye Brad! Best of luck in Seattle!

IXrPvoN.gif

What the....who let Brad on one of those things?!?!?!??

Hey guys!

It's been almost 12 years and I'm sad to go. But there are times when you just have to go try your hand at something else and shake it up. Finishing MASSIVE CHALICE and having a baby at the same felt like a good breaking point, so I'm off to the Pacific Northwest to do some different stuff! :D!

Thanks for all of your support over the years. It was so great to know that you guys had my back when things were tough. I hope I didn't let you down! :'D!

Double Fine's going to keep going strong without me though. I have no doubt! Thanks again for everything!

Love,

Brad!

Hey guys!

It's been almost 12 years and I'm sad to go. But there are times when you just have to go try your hand at something else and shake it up. Finishing MASSIVE CHALICE and having a baby at the same felt like a good breaking point, so I'm off to the Pacific Northwest to do some different stuff! :D!

Thanks for all of your support over the years. It was so great to know that you guys had my back when things were tough. I hope I didn't let you down! :'D!

Double Fine's going to keep going strong without me though. I have no doubt! Thanks again for everything!

Love,

Brad!

Hey guys!

Love,

Brad!

Can't see anywhere where you were even close to letting us down. :D

From my perspective:

*Psychonauts is a true classic.

*Brütal Legend is an underrated gem, and a pleasure to play.

*Iron Brigade is really fun, and Double Fines effort to get it to PC, and then removing GfWL when it was possible is much appreciated.

*Massive Chalice is a game that I unfortunately haven't played as much as I wanted, because of The Witcher 3 taking all my gaming time, but what I've played from it has been really enjoyable. And it was a pretty much perfectly run kickstarter, that I as a backer is very satisfied with.

I really do hope that you will continue to make games as a lead, but I wish you well in whatever your next gig will be.

Great news everyone, Brad is going to work for Valve.

He's going to fix Half Life 3 for us.

What a guy! :D

Just kidding Brad, don't want to add any pressure on you. (pun intended)

I can't find anything about this except a joke-post on the Giant Bomb forums. Is this also a joke-post?

I can't find anything about this except a joke-post on the Giant Bomb forums. Is this also a joke-post?

Wow, huge congrats Brad! As I understand it you're going to be responsible for the team doing the final tweaking on Half-Life 3? Can't be far off then! :-P

If you're reading this Brad, can you PLEASE get Valve to fix its basically broken customer service?

Love, everyone who's ever had to use Valve's basically broken customer service.

Last I knew, Brad has MOBA fever reeeeeal bad. People at Valve choose what they work on, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was all like...

"Sup, DOTA."

*eyebrow wiggle*

Y'know, I had a look at developers in Seattle to see if I could guess where Brad might be headed, but aside from thinking he could end up working on DOTA it didn't really cross my mind that he'd go with Valve.

I thought that he'd got the taste for leading his own projects, and it seems less likely he'd get that opportunity in Valve, unless he knows something we don't of course. I can definitely understand that there might be some frustrating things about working at Double Fine as a designer - they never had that breakout hit and so someone with big design ideas like Brad, he did an amazing job on MASSIVE CHALICE but part of me wonders what could have been accomplished without the resources being as limited as they were. If Brad sees this as an opportunity to get into a company with the resources to realise any vision they want, and hopes further down the line to run a project of his own, I kind of get that. But it would make me a little sad to see him disappear into a sea of other designers when I've seen him produce such good stuff as a project lead.

Which is to say, I'm interested to see where this goes.

Sign in to follow this