Sign in to follow this  
Skenners

The Unofficial v1.07 Patch

ITS HERE! Hooray!

The labour of a couple of months of work with some great people have come to form "Derelict Games" in the process of creating patches for Spacebase DF9. What started as a mission to clean the blood off the floor (Still hasnt been done!) has brought together 5 of the most talented people I've had the chance to work with, to learn about the code and produce some new and exciting features!

The only thing better than this patch is a date with 80's Meg Ryan or the upcoming v1.08 patch!

SO! Derelict Games presents the Officially Unofficial v1.07 Patch for Spacebase DF9. Requirements are v1.06 minimum.

What's in this update?

* Bug Fixes!

* 2 new O2 Generators!

* 2 new Power Generators!

* A new Jukebox for the Bar!

* Squads! allows for multiple teams of security to handle multiple areas simultaneously

* New Events! none of the same boring ones over and over again.

* Many new sicknesses! be prepared for space dysentery and the dreaded THING!

* Janitors! let them get rid of the dead bodies piling up because doctors are too lazy!

* Better Modability! code changes mean making your characters more easily modded!

* Garden Pods no longer require empty space around them! nomnomnom

* Take your time! Relax, 'The Big One' wont be coming until FAR later!

Come and Download it from the website we've setup for later mods and releases:

http://www.SpaceBaseHub.net

If you have bug issues, don't be afraid to shoot us a message and we can sort it out for you asap.

Thanks!

-Skenners

This is fantastic!

I checked out the forums on a whim, and was very pleasantly surprised to see that there was something happening. :) I will have to try it out. :)

This is fantastic!

I checked out the forums on a whim, and was very pleasantly surprised to see that there was something happening. :) I will have to try it out. :)

We're releasing a bugfix patch in a day or two as well. Ill be posting in here about it!

-Skenners

We're releasing a bugfix patch in a day or two as well. Ill be posting in here about it!

-Skenners

Cool. I've certainly had enough bugs playing this game, so maybe I'll wait for a bit longer then.

Is the code private, or can I follow it somewhere?

-Skenners

Cool. I've certainly had enough bugs playing this game, so maybe I'll wait for a bit longer then.

Is the code private, or can I follow it somewhere?

Heh, no problems. The code is private at the moment, but we'll be making it public, probably after the next patch.

The Patch Installer code is open at the moment:

https://gitlab.com/derelictgames/vb.net-code-for-installer

-Skenners

Thanks Thunder!

We're pretty happy with it, bugs and all. We wanted this release to be a little smaller just to test the waters, but the response has been quite overwhelming. So our next patch (after this bug fix one) is going to be insanely awesome! v1.08 is going to have a completely new backend, making it so much easier for people to mod the game and make their own content! We'll even write guides on how to add your new objects into the game.

Its going to be a great patch!

-Skenners

Sounds incredible. Just patching the game is something that's welcome by itself. Getting it to a point where bugs are reduced is a HUGE thing. Thanks for your time and effort with this!

Thanks so much! Its a full team effort, for sure! We ended up calling ourselves Derelict Games and will probably release some of our own stuff eventually when this patch stuff has levelled off. All thanks to this little game that was released early! :D

-Skenners

I am really happy some one from the community has taken over.

I was really sad to hear when the development was stopped so abruptly.

d.

I'm really pleased that you're helping give new life to this game which I always felt had so much potential, and I've been eyeing the progress from the sidelines. I'm not ready to revisit spacebase just yet, but I'll be continuing to follow this with great interest!

Wow! thank you for this! I really enjoyed SBDF9 and was heart broken to have development halted last year.

So thank you :D

we do, shoot me an email at Spacebasehub@gmail.com and attach the log file (found in your spacebase directory under the steam files) and send it through. If it has to do with the save game as well, attach that so we can recreate it also.

Thanks nash!

and thanks xenic!

-Skenvoy