Spaff

Broken Age Backers: Final Rewards update thread

43 posts in this topic

There are a few items still outstanding to our outstanding Backers, and we wanted to make an update thread here to keep people in the know.

When we get any key information about when these things are coming, we'll post it here!

Big Box & Blu Ray.

The production of the Blu Ray is being updated here:

Thank you for the update. I was begining to wonder if we were forgotten.

Cheers, I feel better now

DVDs are still going to happen, we are going to send out a new questionnaire before we send anything!

It doesn't affect me, but the other question I see getting asked a lot is how/whether people can update their delivery address...

I came here for this thread.

Thanks for the update, can't wait to get my biiiig box! :)

DVDs are still going to happen, we are going to send out a new questionnaire before we send anything!
It doesn't affect me, but the other question I see getting asked a lot is how/whether people can update their delivery address...
we are going to send out a new questionnaire before we send anything!

:-P

I just realised that I probably need to change my address for this. Does anyone know how the latest way to do this is?

I just realised that I probably need to change my address for this. Does anyone know how the latest way to do this is?
we are going to send out a new questionnaire before we send anything!

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going on or if my rewards got shipped to the wrong address.

Hey, should we have received these yet? I also haven't received a boxed copy of the game?

It's going to be a while longer, they still have to finish the final versions of all of the doc episodes among other things.

In the process of backing Psychonauts 2 I realized I still didn't have my big box and docu blu-ray.

I found the thread about the docu progress and now this one about the big box.

I'm getting the impression that you're going to send out both together at the same time?

Is that right?

In the process of backing Psychonauts 2 I realized I still didn't have my big box and docu blu-ray.

I'm getting the impression that you're going to send out both together at the same time?

Is that right?

That is correct.

Is that right?

Same for me. Just backed Psychonauts 2 and realized that I still have not received the box from Broken Age.

So this is normal? Noone has received his boxed version, yet?

No one has received it, no. Is it normal ? Not sure. I think this is taking really too much time.

Big Box & Blu Ray.

The main thing we are waiting on here is the Blu Ray to be finished, the production of which is being updated here

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/17348/

We are finalising artwork and box contents at the moment also.

We hope to get this out before the end of the year - that's not happening now sadly but it is still coming, SOON!

I see all the Projects you are making and still waiting for the Big Box - four years after the end of the Kickstarter-Campaign and soon one year after release of act two. It must have been a big surprise that the documentation still needs to be revised . Why 2PP has done this already, while the game was programmed? And why it look like, that there is no progress since the last weeks.

"We hope to get this out before the end of the year" - wich year? 2016, 2017? I´m getting a little bit angry now. There is no box, no information and thats the reason why I didn´t pledged for psychonauts 2.

I see all the Projects you are making and still waiting for the Big Box - four years after the end of the Kickstarter-Campaign and soon one year after release of act two. It must have been a big surprise that the documentation still needs to be revised . Why 2PP has done this already, while the game was programmed?

My understanding (Do take with a grain of salt; I make some assumptions here) is that 2PP was occupied filming the game being programmed, which meant they were unable to do post at the same time. I don't know how large the 2PP team is, but I'm under the impression they're a small group. The game needed to be finished and shipped, with filming completed, before they had time to begin the post-production process, which can take a long while.

They're editing, what, 20-something hours of footage? Plus bonus scenes, plus commentary tracks. I just checked the spreadsheet and a there's a lot more green than I remember, so progress has certainly been made.

Mr. Paul also made a post in the progress thread just yesterday that production is ramping back up. I would expect to see more formal progress reports in the next couple weeks.

It must have been a big surprise that the documentation still needs to be revised . Why 2PP has done this already, while the game was programmed?

They were MAKING the documentary while the game was being programmed. As for why it's taken so long to make the final versions, I have no idea. Speed doesn't seem to be their strongest point to be honest, but you're going to have to ask 2PP in their thread if you want answer: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/17348/

Paul from 2PP recently posted: "Things are ramping back up, we should be posting more progress updates this month!"

Updated the OP. We just recorded the final commentary track, and the colour correction is complete for all episodes!

We're really making good progress now!

When I originally filled in the backer form I chose DVD, but now I'd rather have a BluRay, will I be able to make this change in the pre-shipping questionnaire? Or is that questionnaire exclusively to confirm addresses?

Did these get sent out yet? I've moved ages ago since I backed this for over $100. I tried to contact you guys through Kickstarter and didn't get a reply. How can I change my address? Thank you!

Yes I know there's a Google Docs link with date information but I get an error when I click that.

Did these get sent out yet? I've moved ages ago since I backed this for over $100. I tried to contact you guys through Kickstarter and didn't get a reply. How can I change my address? Thank you!

Yes I know there's a Google Docs link with date information but I get an error when I click that.

The big boxes have not yet been sent out, because the physical version of the documentary is not yet complete. When it is complete and manufacturing is done, affected backers will be sent a survey for their most recent address and whatever other relevant information will be needed.

I've also verified that the Google doc is still accessible. What is the error, verbatim, that it's giving you?

The big boxes have not yet been sent out, because the physical version of the documentary is not yet complete. When it is complete and manufacturing is done, affected backers will be sent a survey for their most recent address and whatever other relevant information will be needed.

I've also verified that the Google doc is still accessible. What is the error, verbatim, that it's giving you?

Thank you for your quick reply! I'm happy that I'll be given the chance to update my address when it's completed. And by the way the Google Docs link now works :)

Does anyone know if the digital version of the documentary is going to be released at the same time as the blu ray version?

I wonder if we get to choose the format for the game included in the physical edition? It's been "a while" and at least my initial answer for the playing system is different from my actual situation today (PS4 only nowadays).