Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Devlosirrus

Amnesia Fortnight 2015

So, I got my Amnesia Fortnight 2014 DVDs in the mail a couple weeks ago. I re-played all the prototypes, binge-watched the documentary, and thoroughly enjoyed the extra features. That having been said, I have two questions:

Firstly, are "Dear Leader" and "Mnemonic" getting full releases? If so, open your umbrellas, 'cause I'm about to make it rain up in this piece. If not, why does Double Fine hate the sound of joy?

Secondly, where is Amnesia Fortnight 2015? If the Double Fine team are doing this on an annual basis, I want to play those prototypes. I need to be on that. I want to frolic in the ball pit of Double Fine's half-baked ideas. I want to oil my body and coast down the Slip n' Slide of Amnesia Fortnight's development process. I want to dive into the murky waters of unbridled imagination, and be swept out on the current of haphazard design. I want to drown in prototypes. Make it happen, Double Fine.

Also, my birthday's coming up on the fifteenth, so if you want to deposit a link to a game prototype in my inbox, that would really make my day.

AF is always fun, but I thought Tim or someone at DF at one point said that while AF is a pretty common thing at DF that they may not necessarily do a public one every time. They are enjoying some privacy right now for the first time in a couple of years, so maybe we'll just have to wait and see. ;-)

Sorry to say, but there will be no Amnesia Fortnight this year - we hoped to do it earlier in the summer, but we had too many things going on that it would impact. :(

We should be able to return to AF next year!

If the AF2014 promo video was any indication, there wasn't an AF at all during 2013, so I wouldn't expect it every year.

Sorry to say, but there will be no Amnesia Fortnight this year - we hoped to do it earlier in the summer, but we had too many things going on that it would impact. :(

We should be able to return to AF next year!

Well I was bummed out by that until I remembered we are 11/12 of the way through 2015 already. Looking forward to hearing about future AFs and more Doublefine goodness.

Sign in to follow this