Cheeseness

PAX Australia 2015 Meetup

Meetup details!

When: 11:00am Saturday 31st

Where: Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre

Where Specifically: On the main concourse just inside the Clarendon St entrance

You can get into the MCEC concourse without a PAX pass, but you can't get into the expo hall, panels or any other PAX content!

CSivZjSUkAAIzny.png

We've also got Double Fine themed PAX Prime Pinny Arcade pins, DF patches and some games to give away!

I'm interested! :)

BBQ would be better than food court but weather is always a concern.

The only worry I have about BBQ stuff is that there's more stuff to wrangle - who brings food and what happens if it's not all eaten, etc.. We've done it before though!

I'd be up for that, not sure if i could contribute to a BBQ though - flying in from Perth for most of MIGW and by the time pax rolls around I'll be pretty tired!

Maybe don't worry about the BBQ, but just catch up and have some eats in a nearby park or something. But if the weather is rubbish, just do what we did last time and just have a catch up at a near by food court.

Looks like the schedule is up. Time to trawl through and look for the best spot that doesn't conflict with too much interesting stuff :D

Looking things over, I'm going to throw 11:00am on Saturday out as a start time.

This gives an hour before udoncat's "How Can We Save Australia's Early Games History?" panel, and potentially gives us a good window for interacting with people at Double Fine (11am in Melbourne is 5:00pm in San Francisco).

How does that sit with everybody else?

Woo!

Spaff has also sent me through some goodies for the meetup (some of the Double Fine Pinny Arcade pins from last PAX prime!)

CMouWO3VEAAVN-J.jpg

At the moment, my plan is to give one out to everybody who shows up. If we get more people than pins, then we'll have to work something else out :D

Woo!

Spaff has also sent me through some goodies for the meetup (some of the Double Fine Pinny Arcade pins from last PAX prime!)

CMouWO3VEAAVN-J.jpg

At the moment, my plan is to give one out to everybody who shows up. If we get more people than pins, then we'll have to work something else out :D

Stab me in my PAXless heart why don't you! That's super cool!

If there's anybody who's coming to the meetup and isn't attending PAX, but would like to, throw a PM at me. I might be able to help out.

Here's a look at those lovely pins in the flesh! I also have some patches and a few game keys left over from last year :D

The weather looks a bit iffy at the moment, so I'm having a hard time settling on a venue. I'm super keen to have internet access, which means that the food court we gathered at last year isn't much of an option (reception was pretty poor down there).

Sit tight and we'll announce something on Friday after scouting things out!

CSYIt7YVEAAkQ8K.jpg

Slight chance we might be able to find somewhere at the "Promenade" section north of the Convention Centre (Map) I didn't even think of this place last year, never even checked it out... Just throwing that out there cause its got some places we can grab a bite to eat/drink ;) and should be able to find a place for us to loiter about, possibly under cover. Plus its a stones throw away from PAX. But yeah, sucks that again we have to battle the weather for PAX meetups.

Slight chance we might be able to find somewhere at the "Promenade" section north of the Convention Centre (Map) I didn't even think of this place last year, never even checked it out... Just throwing that out there cause its got some places we can grab a bite to eat/drink ;) and should be able to find a place for us to loiter about, possibly under cover. Plus its a stones throw away from PAX. But yeah, sucks that again we have to battle the weather for PAX meetups.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe something along those lines too.

The other option is inside the MCEC itself - I can't remember if people had to have passes to get in (I think passes were being checked at the doors to each room). The main concourse has some spots with seating that are fairly out of the way. That's what I was hoping to scout out on Friday.

Alrighty, after scoping out the venue a bit and then totally getting distracted for a few hours (sorry for the late post!), we've settled on gathering on the main concourse, just inside the Clarendon entrance. This lets us stay out of the weather and have a bit of internet access in case we need it :D

When: 11:00am Saturday 31st

Where: Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre

Where Specifically: On the main concourse just inside the Clarendon St entrance

Here's a map

CSivZjSUkAAIzny.png

Thanks to everybody who dropped by. It was great to catch up with familiar faces and make some new friends :D

I think there'll be a group photo popped up here at some point.

Edit: If anybody had trouble with game keys, let me know.