Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pimpollo818

The Journey Down

The Journey Down Chapter 2 is a fantastic sequel to the brief, but still very solid, first chapter. The catchy Jazz soundtrack is as soothing as before, the rooms are beautiful with detail, a rainy afro-noir city and a blooming beachside are particular treats. While I've always enjoyed the charm of the characters, what really impresses me about this series is the consistency of its puzzles. Seldom do adventure games flow so smoothly as they do here, save for that blasted final puzzle that left me scratching my head. Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend that you check out this series. I place it in the empyrean of its genre and urge you to give it a try!

Skygoblin, the devs, are currently Kickstarting the third and final chapter in the series. Give them a look, you may even snag the 2 released titles at a low price. Thanks for reading and happy playing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983397390/the-journey-down

some tunes to whet your appetite:

some screens:

14E2B0E9BB7E9045A8B696004A6ED3BA6C865058

30DF09C398D4E25F146301FD132178B3F1DD8E48

1AF51D2321F4677CEC4F64856BCA67FA348FB29B

We already have a thread for Kickstarter projects right here, and I believe we've already mentioned TJD Ep3 there.

While we appreciate your enthusiasm, we do ask that you make sure you try and avoid starting new threads when there's an already existing one you can contribute to.

Sign in to follow this