Spaff

We're making Psychonauts 2! But we need your help to do it!

keyartGrasslands-header-blog.png

Yes you read that right. We’re very excited to announce that we will be making Psychonauts 2, but we need your help to do it!

We've launched a new crowdfunding campaign on http://www.fig.co where we hope to raise $3.3m to put towards making the game! In addition to this, Double Fine will be putting up a significant portion of the development funds ourselves, and getting another piece of the budget from an external partner. None of these three parts on their own is enough, but together they add up to a sequel worthy of Psychonauts!

We’ve put together a collection of crowdfunding rewards we think Psychonauts fans will be really excited about! In addition to that we’re also excited to be the first crowdfunding campaign in history that is also able to allow investment from both accredited and unaccredited investors. That means you can choose rewards, or you can invest for a return of the profits.

We’ve often talked about making this game, but we’ve never been able to raise the budget we need to make it happen. Now with your help, we can finally get there! so please back Psychonauts 2 and help us make the game we’ve always wanted to make!

Check out all the rewards and information over here: http://www.fig.co

I was here all the way through broken age, and I will be here for this, 69 dollars from me. Looking forward to it.

TAKE MY MONEY!!! ALL OF MY MONEY! Already backed it... Now I just need to get some side jobs to up my backer level! I love you doublefine.

Completely unexpected. It's surreal to actually see news on a game I had thought about for so long in days gone by. If there's a chance we can revive some of the spark that only a surreal/comedic/psychological/3D platformer can provide, I'm taking it.

For better or for worse, I really hope this works out. Would love to see Double Fine have the chance to follow up on that cliffhanger.

I stopped posting on facebook over a year and a half ago. I thought I would be able to go for years without making a post... well that went out the window when I saw this campaign. This announcement forced me out of facebook retirement and into full "get the word out" mode!

Well, s**t. The timing of this couldn't be worse - I'm already backing MST3K with a small fortune, which severely limits my ability to back this one.

I mean, I'm still gonna, but nowhere near as much as I would have. :(

I backed Broken Age and Massive Chalice with $100, and I'm in with the same amount for Psychonauts 2.

Why must awesome stuff like this always get announced in the middle of the night? I'm super psych(onauts)ed for the game of course, but I would have loved a much lower backer number. Good luck with the campaign! And thanks for making our dreams come true! :D

Is the PS4 upgrade option only for Psychonauts 2 or is there a port/emulated version of Psychonauts planned? (Sorry to ask here; I couldn't ask on Fig without backing first.)

Backer #5464 is ready for a go!

$695,911 raised and 31 days left!

So today ca. 1 Mio and in 31 days: 31 Mio :) forget the external investor xD

Hi. I'm super excited about this and backed the campaign tonight but haven't received a confirmation email, which makes me concerned that my pledge didn't go through - or I inadvertently entered my email incorrectly. Is there any way to check whether my pledge was successful? Thanks very much.

Hi. I'm super excited about this and backed the campaign tonight but haven't received a confirmation email, which makes me concerned that my pledge didn't go through - or I inadvertently entered my email incorrectly. Is there any way to check whether my pledge was successful? Thanks very much.

You could try to verify your account by following the instructions on this page.

You could try to verify your account by following the instructions on this page.

Tried it. Didn't get an email to confirm my account which makes me think that perhaps my pledge didn't go through? I'll wait overnight and if it still doesn't appear, I'll just re-pledge.

*screams eternally*

I honestly never thought I'd see the day a Psychonauts sequel would be made.

Just a question though, can you upgrade pledge tiers on fig? Doesn't say anything about it on the fig website, or at least I can't find an faq page. I really want to throw all the money I have into making this happen, but currency conversion makes things a little pricey for me. So if I could back a smaller amount first and upgrade later that would be great

*screams eternally*

I honestly never thought I'd see the day a Psychonauts sequel would be made.

Just a question though, can you upgrade pledge tiers on fig? Doesn't say anything about it on the fig website, or at least I can't find an faq page. I really want to throw all the money I have into making this happen, but currency conversion makes things a little pricey for me. So if I could back a smaller amount first and upgrade later that would be great

Looks like the only way to do that is to cancel your pledge and then make a new pledge. I agree that the help pages could have been much easier to find. They seem kind of hidden away.

Ah, thanks for the advice! I've pledged $10 for now, with hopefully alot more at a later date

Tried it. Didn't get an email to confirm my account which makes me think that perhaps my pledge didn't go through? I'll wait overnight and if it still doesn't appear, I'll just re-pledge.

I didn't get my confirmation email until a couple of hours later. Maybe their server's getting a bit overloaded? Hopefully yours will come in the morning!

"Nice, I hope 2pp is involved in this. *scans page* Yuuup, this is getting all* my money."

* all money was actually already pledged to MST3K, so this is getting all my imaginary future money.

I probably have to buy Christmas presents this year with Debit and/or cash if I blow my Credit card's limit on backing this ;)

Super excited to finally have a chance at playing the sequel to one of the best games I have ever played! This is right up there on my list with Monkey Island 3a.

I hope you all still got your mojo from back then. And if you can afford a German dub, please try to get Sasha Nein's original German voice actor back! :D

And Tim: if you get more money than asked for (and it seems you will), please just pocket the money, or buy a yacht, or take a bath in it, but keep the scope of the game to whatever you have in mind for those $12m. 2018 is already gonna be such a long wait D:

So, so happy this is happening. So, so sad that it's happening right before I need to provide a Christmas for four children, after just having moved, changed jobs, and having a new son arrive two weeks ago. I'll be backing it, of course, but not nearly at the level that I wish I could.