Spaff

We're making Psychonauts 2! But we need your help to do it!

Backed as soon as I knew it existed, enjoying watching the total rise.

Is there any way to view a live pledge total without refreshing the page? So close to the first million. :)

Edit: There's something very satisfying about seeing the GOG logo nestled between steam and PS4.

Backed!

I'm overjoyed at the prospect of another 2PP doc as well.

Well, s**t. The timing of this couldn't be worse - I'm already backing MST3K with a small fortune, which severely limits my ability to back this one.

I mean, I'm still gonna, but nowhere near as much as I would have. :(

I was going to back high on MST3K, but I ended up backing low on that and high on this. I want both, but if I had to only have one, I'd pick Psychonauts 2. :)

ONE MILLION! ONE MILLION!

ONLY 2.3 MILLION MORE DOLLARS AND RON GILBERT HAS TO PUT A SHOE ON HIS HEAD! IT'S CANON!

S7SBH.png

This time we should all have to put shoes on our heads if they reach 3.3 million. Why should they get to have all the fun? :P

This time we should all have to put shoes on our heads if they reach 3.3 million. Why should they get to have all the fun? :P

I have shoes.

hcJ1lrllZ7o

Let this be my official sign up for the shoes (or sandals, I don't own wearable shoes atm) on head festivities when we reach 3.3 (which makes a funny little face emoticon as well)

Let this be my official sign up for the shoes (or sandals, I don't own wearable shoes atm) on head festivities when we reach 3.3 (which makes a funny little face emoticon as well)

Don't forget to check for gum first!

So, I lied. Once I realized that it wouldn't charge until January, I ended up backing at 270. I can't pass up all the cool stuff. Jerks.

I would have backed for multiple hundreds, but I just blew $1,000+ on a new gaming PC and a crapload of games, so I'm in recovery mode. My wallet backed this project on a sprained ankle.

Well, s**t. The timing of this couldn't be worse - I'm already backing MST3K with a small fortune, which severely limits my ability to back this one.

I mean, I'm still gonna, but nowhere near as much as I would have. :(

I was going to back high on MST3K, but I ended up backing low on that and high on this. I want both, but if I had to only have one, I'd pick Psychonauts 2. :)

Sadly, I'm the opposite.

That's really my only issue with this - it might take away funding from MST. How could you, Tim? Have you no heart?

While watching The Game Awards, as soon as the trailer got to "drones controlled by a comatose girl...", I yelled out "OMG PSYCHONAUTS 2!!!!!!!!".

So happy about this.

Unfortunately I have no money to back it right now. I have no job and no income. I guess I'll have to wait till it comes out. I really wanted to help make it happen though. I'm disappointed in myself for being in this position. :(

Wow. Amazing news. I didn't think I'd ever see the day this game would be announced! My old Photoshop of Steven Seagal photoshop is suddenly relevant again.

54b3dFW.jpg

Wow. Amazing news. I didn't think I'd ever see the day this game would be announced! My old Photoshop of Steven Seagal photoshop is suddenly relevant again.

54b3dFW.jpg

That is a great shop, but I don't know if I get the joke.

Ha. It was just some random thing I threw together years ago. I thought maybe if Doublefine could clone Steven Seagal, they could harness his raw power and we would finally get a sequel for Pnauts. Turns out they didn't even have to violate the laws of nature to get the game going.

Good to see you again Anonymity. I haven't been around these forums in forever. Glad to see some of the peeps I remember still posting here!

Ha. It was just some random thing I threw together years ago. I thought maybe if Doublefine could clone Steven Seagal, they could harness his raw power and we would finally get a sequel for Pnauts. Turns out they didn't even have to violate the laws of nature to get the game going.

Good to see you again Anonymity. I haven't been around these forums in forever. Glad to see some of the peeps I remember still posting here!

I am DFAF's Bob Wiley. YOU THINK I'M GONE?! I'M NEVER GONE!!!

Actually that title might belong to hot.

Ah Hot. Is he still around too? I'm gong to have to head over to the Off Topic forum and catch up on the going on's. Also Im officially a backer now. Which means between now and when Pnauts 2 is released I'll need to get a new computer to play that gametape.

Ah Hot. Is he still around too? I'm gong to have to head over to the Off Topic forum and catch up on the going on's. Also Im officially a backer now. Which means between now and when Pnauts 2 is released I'll need to get a new computer to play that gametape.

He's still around, though he mostly just lurks. He's still hiding in the bushes in off-topics.

Welcome to the backer clan. ;-)

I really hope this entire Psychonauts 2 thing isn't just a FIGment of our imagination.

Eh?

Eh????

I really hope this entire Psychonauts 2 thing isn't just a FIGment of our imagination.

Eh?

Eh????

I AM A FIGGY PIGGY.

Bravo, great move! Psychonauts 2 is a much more accessible idea than the more niche "old-school graphic adventure" pitch. I feel like the benchmark for big, successful fig campaigns is about to be established in a major way. I love the feeling of camaraderie and involvement that comes with crowdfunding, and I hope this method of funding works out for many DF games to come. I also hope this game brings a lot of profit to the company so they can grow and have the freedom to embark on daring creative adventures for years to come.

Eh?

Eh????

I AM A FIGGY PIGGY.

I was wondering how long it'd take for people to start identifying as Figgy Piggies :D

I poured more money than I could ever reasonably afford to in it on night one, I regret NOTHING

Side note, the amount the kickstarter has slowed down is worrying me, I'm doing my best to counter any negativity I see on tumblr!

Side note, the amount the [del]kickstarter[/del] fig campaign has slowed down is worrying me, I'm doing my best to counter any negativity I see on tumblr!

Awkwardness fixed (?)

Side note, the amount the [del]kickstarter[/del] fig campaign has slowed down is worrying me, I'm doing my best to counter any negativity I see on tumblr!

Awkwardness fixed (?)

Kickstarter has become the Kleenex of the crowdfunding world.