Spaff

We're making Psychonauts 2! But we need your help to do it!

Side note, the amount the [del]kickstarter[/del] fig campaign has slowed down is worrying me, I'm doing my best to counter any negativity I see on tumblr!

Awkwardness fixed (?)

Kickstarter has become the Kleenex of the crowdfunding world.

Indeed so.

I poured more money than I could ever reasonably afford to in it on night one, I regret NOTHING

Side note, the amount the kickstarter has slowed down is worrying me, I'm doing my best to counter any negativity I see on tumblr!

I wouldn't worry about the slowdown. 50% funded in under two days with 33 days left to go still feels pretty positive!

Fig is new and I have no idea what the pledge behaviour looked like for the previous two projects featured there, but if it's anything like other crowdfunding platforms, there'll bit a big bump at the end of the campiagn to look forward to as well.

I poured more money than I could ever reasonably afford to in it on night one, I regret NOTHING

Side note, the amount the kickstarter has slowed down is worrying me, I'm doing my best to counter any negativity I see on tumblr!

I wouldn't worry about the slowdown. 50% funded in under two days with 33 days left to go still feels pretty positive!

Fig is new and I have no idea what the pledge behaviour looked like for the previous two projects featured there, but if it's anything like other crowdfunding platforms, there'll bit a big bump at the end of the campiagn to look forward to as well.

Still raised at least $100,000 or more today. Campaigns may speed up on the weekends due to everyone not being at work, etc, but they may also slow down on the weekends because everybody is out doing things instead of being on the internet (unlike me who is always on the internet). Also there isn't press coverage and so on over the weekend.

Right, there'll be momentum that continues on and small spikes associated with coverage. Typically the bulk comes in within the first 5 days and the last three days though.

I suspect that Pnauts 2 is likely to attract more immediate pledges than any original IP would, and my guess is that it'll end up having a similar profile to the DFA's (minus the first day since crowdfunding isn't as "new" or unexpected - news of this will have propagated a lot faster than Double Fine's first crowdfunding campaign, I reckon).

Backed, just for the 2PP videos :D Not sure my computer can even play the game ;) Maybe by the time it comes out.

Backed, just for the 2PP videos :D Not sure my computer can even play the game ;) Maybe by the time it comes out.

Look! This project has been backed by...

PERSON

PERSSSSSSON

PERSSON

MARKUS PERSSON!!!!!

I keep having to stop myself from looking up Double Fine things on Tumblr because man, some people just love to hate on them there. Really appreciate you doing what you can <3

The FAQ at DoubleFine.com/about needs to be updated ;-)

Are you guys making sequels to Psychonauts or Brütal Legend or any other games?

Not right now, but we'd love to someday. If anyone out there has a few million dollars burning a hole in their pocket, and would like to help us make an excellent sequel, please let us know!

Didn’t that Notch guy say he would pay for Psychonauts 2? Why aren’t you making it yet? Where’s Psychonauts 2?

Hey. We would love to make Psychonauts 2. Love to. And yes, Notch implied he might be willing to help out. But funding a game as big as Psychonauts involves a lot of complexity and millions of dollars, so it’s going to take some figuring out. And maybe a couple other friendly investors. Plus, Tim is kind of busy with that whole Kickstarter thing right now. But I'm sure he's thinking about it every day.

So I actually contributed with my Paypal rather then going through Fig. I wonder if the Fig total takes into account the Paypal contributions for things or not? Because there could possibly be many more like me who preferred to use paypal and as a result the grand total for things could potentially be higher? Again not sure how that works.

Edit: I also have some follow up questions:

Do we know yet whether or not the game will get physical releases on consoles or not?

If you back the game through Paypal, can you go back in and increase your pledge to qualify for more rewards?

If the game is not going to get physical releases on consoles, I may be willing to contribute the additional $18 more to get a PS4 download code then.

I think it is awesome that the Co-founder/CEO of Valve is allowing Erik Wolpaw to write for this game. Made me smile when I saw that in pitch video.

They probably have a backup plan if they somehow don't reach 100% (which is very unlikely not to happen.)

Considering they managed to strike deal on consoles lol. They have plenty of other funding sources interested to cover this (I assume.)

I'm gonna call an end to this gif-pyramid before it gets out of hand and destroys the readability of the thread. Keep posting gifs, just don't quote them. :)

Trust me on this one, I have experience. ;)

I'm gonna call an end to this gif-pyramid before it gets out of hand and destroys the readability of the thread. Keep posting gifs, just don't quote them. :)

Trust me on this one, I have experience. ;)

;-)

Does anyone know if Fig pledges made from Canada will require a conversion rate into USD? I ask because recently I backed Shenmue 3 and was surprised (as a Canadian) how much higher the amount ended up being in US dollars. Currently the Canadian dollar is doing really poorly (about 75 cents in American currency) so this will factor in to what kind of tier I can afford. I looked at the Fig documentation and it says that they use a payment service called Stripe - I looked at their site and I can't tell if purchases made in CAD require a conversion rate. Here's the site: https://stripe.com/ca/pricing

Ha, ha! The Psychonauts 2 question is still up on Double Fine's FAQ:

Didn’t that Notch guy say he would pay for Psychonauts 2? Why aren’t you making it yet? Where’s Psychonauts 2?

Hey. We would love to make Psychonauts 2. Love to. And yes, Notch implied he might be willing to help out. But funding a game as big as Psychonauts involves a lot of complexity and millions of dollars, so it’s going to take some figuring out. And maybe a couple other friendly investors. Plus, Tim is kind of busy with that whole Kickstarter thing right now. But I'm sure he's thinking about it every day.

Not sure if anyone saw, but Destructoid posted an article about the success of the campaign: linkity link.

There was quite a bit of negativity in the comments, so I made one of my own that, not to blow my own trumpet, seems pretty popular (My Discus account has a Trioptimum logo - you'll know it when you see it). I THINK it's mostly accurate, but if there's any glaring fallacies, could you let me know? Thanks.

Nice one. You might want to point out that when Broken Age spiralled into a much bigger game, that DF footed the cost of the extra development themselves. They could have just shrunk the game to fit the budget (very common in the gaming industry), but they kept their original plan and paid for it themselves.

I replied to your comment with a clarification about the extended number of days of the campaign. If you prefer to edit your post to include that info I'll just delete the comment.

Wow - 30+ thumbs up? Yikes! My comment's now the first one you see on that page. SO awesome! Thanks everyone!

ThunderPeel - consider that tidbit added.

EMarley - added as well. Don't worry about deleting your post though!