Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

Ridiculous speculation about identity of the mysterious outside benefactor

Phil Fish

Bwahahahaha, this would be legendary.

I mean, I actually wondered if it wasn't someone KINDA like this, because it would explain why they don't want their name getting thrown around. Notch would make sense, too, in this way, since he's trying to slip away into a quieter life and not have a bunch of game industry noise shouting at him all day, so that would make sense too if they hadn't already specifically said it wasn't him (unless they were telling a white lie). But that explanation also fits the Phil Fish profile in that way. Maybe someone like that, who wants to help but doesn't want the attention for just privacy/quiet/sanity reasons.

Phil Fish

I mean, I actually wondered if it wasn't someone KINDA like this, because it would explain why they don't want their name getting thrown around. Notch would make sense, too, in this way, since he's trying to slip away into a quieter life and not have a bunch of game industry noise shouting at him all day, so that would make sense too if they hadn't already specifically said it wasn't him (unless they were telling a white lie). But that explanation also fits the Phil Fish profile in that way. Maybe someone like that, who wants to help but doesn't want the attention for just privacy/quiet/sanity reasons.

tumblr_nasfdbku9K1r5x7c3o6_1280.png

tumblr_nasfdbku9K1r5x7c3o6_1280.png.27fd

Phil Fish

*tweet here*

Yes, I'm aware who Phil Fish is. =P

Phil Fish

*tweet here*

That's a impersonator. He's quite civil on his actual profile these days.

I thought it might be Phil Fish too, but what about that friend who lent Tim 1/4 of a million dollars way back when Psychonauts was dropped by Xbox :D?

John Romero! ;-) (I mean, I think he's a friend of Tim and does have a lot of money)

He only gives Tim fabulous hair lessons.

Phil Fish

*tweet here*

That's a impersonator. He's quite civil on his actual profile these days.

I know, I just really like that tweet.

My money is still on business cats.

Business cat looks like he processes a bunch of mice.

The secret backer is PewDiePie, and as a consequence his godawful commentary will be heard throughout the course of the game.

And no, it can't be muted.

The secret backer is PewDiePie, and as a consequence his godawful commentary will be heard throughout the course of the game.

Does the game come with a length of rope? I feel like I'd need it after that.

I have a confession to make...

I've been PewDiePie this whole time, and now I'm sad.

OHHHHHHGGMYGAWWWWWWW-Hey, what was South Park like?

Yeah, is South Park a cool guy in real life? He seems like he would be.

You sure about that? A friend of a friend said she waited on South Park's table once, and for the tip he just wrote "LOLOL NOPE!"

You sure about that? A friend of a friend said she waited on South Park's table once, and for the tip he just wrote "LOLOL NOPE!"

I've heard he licks Nutella from the knife, but then re-uses the knife in th- .... sorry, wrong thread.

So, ARE you the secret backer? :D

So, ARE you the secret backer? :D

That's a secret.

2. It will be on Windows, Max, Linus, PS4, and XBox One, but not on Wii U (it may or may not come out on the next Nintendo console, but that is still not really anounced). So it will probably be neither Microsoft, Sony, Apple, or Nintendo, because neither would be interested to allow the publication on the competitors system or in Nintendos case not having it on their own system.

3. It could be also be Valve (wasn't that Gabe Newell in the Pitch Video, who allowed Erik Wolpaw to be "into it"?). But I think this is really unlikely. I do not see any reason why they would want to keep it secret. Also would they really want to back a project using a competiting engine instead of Source (2)?

(2) I'm also fairly sure that Sony and Microsoft will not give money in any direct way. Cahoots with them is obvious though. How many Kickstarters/crowd funding campaigns have you seen that could offer PS4 and XBO versions to backers right from the start? From the top of my head, I only remember the ShenMue3 Kickstarter that offered PS4 keys, and their affiliation with Sony was... uhhh... problematic. There might be more out there, of course, but the last time I've seen this pop up, it was with Red Thread Games and Dreamfall Chapters, and they said that had they offered console games to backers, they would have to buy them from those publishers full price. :|

(3) Server farms don't invest. :)