Sign in to follow this  
Headroom

RHOMBUS OF RUIN.. Is hip to be square?

Question for the fine, Double Fine creators of Psychonauts 2:

Will Psychonauts 2 explain what happens in Rhombus of Ruin for those who will not get to experience the PS4 VR story? As a prologue or perhaps a non-VR DLC for Psychonauts 2.

I only ask because I do not and will not have the PS4 VR or PS4, but I would like to know what happened since I had played Psychonauts on Xbox/Steam and will be playing Psychonauts 2 on Xbox One/Steam.

It would kind of suck to not know how Truman Zanatto is rescued considering the end of the original Psychonauts.

Thanks, if there is an answer to this.

I'm excited to see more Psychonauts content before the second game's out, and that there will be a story set immediately after the cliffhanger, but I'm a little disappointed that the whole Truman Zanatto plot-line might be relegated to a spin-off.

Maybe it's a bit early to judge, but I hope for a non-VR option somewhere down the line, assuming it's possible to play without it.

This Rhombus of Ruin thing is tricky. I don't have a PS4/PVR, but of course I'd like to live this story.

At the same time I doubt a simple straight port would make any sense, if they're designing the game to be "virtualy reality - centered".

What about a stretch goal to implement the story as an extra for Psychonauts 2 with different controls?

Even better, if they managed to squeeze a non-virtual reality version out of Sony's partnership, the money we'd pay to play a Wuin/Mac/Linux Rhombus of Ruin could become part of Psychonaut's 2 budget.

I really hope there will be a non VR non PS4 version of it, that I will actually be able to play. I don't like parts of Stories that are locked away behind Hardware I do not have access to and I will most certainly not buy a console and VR equipment for one game. I am still happy about Psychonauts 2 and will still back it, but if this is truly an exclusive title, this does really make me sad.

Well seeing as Sony funded the development of this spin off, I doubt you'll see it on rival consoles anytime soon, but odds are up in the air for a PC Oculus version? Sony seem to be gunning for Console Exclusive this generation and have been happy to allow other projects they've funded to make their way onto PC.