Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
n0rman

Day of the Tentacle Remastered trailer at Playstation Experience

For comparison:

s96hfez1_by_shyguyxxl-d9jbztf.png

The font per se looks good, but it would look much better (and more readable) with a black outline.

Awww yeah! This is looking much better! :D

s96hfez2_by_shyguyxxl-d9jf6fr.png

Ah! Much better.

PS: Love the JarJar cameo. I mean I hate the character but I like those kind of silly cameos.

They transition from the old to new graphics in that video right when the text appears, and it looks like the old graphics use the new, unpixellated text too. Also it looks like the size of the text is closer to the old one as well. It is as if they just wanted to create a cleaner, vector version of the old font but hadn't quite accomplished it in the trailer, and have tidied it up since then. Looks better now!

Wait, is that...

ohgodwhy_by_shyguyxxl-d9jf7fo.png

Oh god why? Whyyyy???

Haha, wow! :D

Hey everyone! I recently joined the team as a programmer (a few months ago), and am currently working on DotT. I just wanted to let you know that the text is still a work in progress, and what was visible in the PSX demo is not final. I agree that it looks pretty unreadable in that shot :)

Hey everyone! I recently joined the team as a programmer (a few months ago), and am currently working on DotT. I just wanted to let you know that the text is still a work in progress, and what was visible in the PSX demo is not final. I agree that it looks pretty unreadable in that shot :)

Hi Aaron! Thanks for posting :) The font looks much better in the IGN Gameplay video (a lot closer to the original). Some smoothing around edges would be cool, though. It's still a bit angular, but definitely a big improvement on the first screenshot in this thread. Looking forward to playing the final version!

Do you know what was wrong with the Singapore version you guys got? And why you decided to scrap the backgrounds from it? Would love to see some of the artwork from that!

I agree that the font looks better but I wish It wasn't so big. Would be really neat if you could adjust the size of the text in the settings.

Yeah its annoying that the text is up in the top right corner, not to mention covering her face, which it didn do in the original.

But is it just me, or just the text / font look stretched ?.

But good to know its still work in progress.

Next stop Maniac Mansion REMASTERED! Oh god that would be epic. But until then, i suggest people who around the internetz and google Maniac Mansion Deluxe "its a fanbase modded / improved" Version with some stuff taken from Day of the tentacle.

It's on the screen for a second guys. The font needs to be big on the PS4 version, too. And most of us will be listening to the script, not reading it.

Just make sure it doesn't cover up Laverne's face.

It's on the screen for a second guys. The font needs to be big on the PS4 version, too. And most of us will be listening to the script, not reading it.

We shouldn't settle for less! >:V

Thats not excuse though. Either do it right or dont do it at all. This is a remaster, this is the final version of the game. And the game has so much screen space now with the bigger resolution. The text shouldn cover her face and it should be an easy fix just to move it a bit. But it also looks ugly the way its stretched.

I agree that the font looks better but I wish It wasn't so big. Would be really neat if you could adjust the size of the text in the settings.

I'm in favour of this. Or if there was just a bigger version available for the PS4 and then, when it comes to other systems, they cater for people with larger monitors. Bearing in mind that a lot of customers will likely want to play this full-screen (I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that when I use ScummVM I usually have it windowed).

But having some user control over text size would probably be the best, if it's possible.

But having some user control over text size would probably be the best, if it's possible.

User control is golden.

User control is golden.

Yes, but there's a limit. I'd rather have software that worked well out of the box that have to tweak it myself through endless options. Plus, if this was the only issue in the game, I'd be very happy. Still, there's plenty of room to move it over to the right of the screen. Not to mention many months of development to come, so I think it will be fixed.

I'd certainly be very happy if there was a level of polish in DOTT that (to be honest) was missing in Grim Fandango Remastered.

Speaking of the text and player nitpicks, why does the text show up there at all? I didn't remember it showing up for that one Dr Fred line and I managed to find a play-through with subtitles off that confirms that. Is this a glitch that happens on switch-over at the moment, or did the Remastered team decide to add it in?

Wait, is that...

Oh god why? Whyyyy???

That must be a recent addition since DoTT was 1993 and Phantom Menace was 1999. And Senate Representative Binks wasn't until 2002 with Attack of the Clones. Though it is a game about time travel. Hmmmmm... >_>

Wait, is that...

Oh god why? Whyyyy???

That must be a recent addition since DoTT was 1993 and Phantom Menace was 1999. And Senate Representative Binks wasn't until 2002 with Attack of the Clones. Though it is a game about time travel. Hmmmmm... >_>

Stuff like this is awesome. Wouldn mind more easter eggs like this.

I wonder if they have recorded new voice lines for clicking on it ? :)

@thunderpeel and other guys asking, please stop asking about the 'Singapore version' - we're not allowed to comment on the theoretical existence or non existence of it and I don't want anyone to get in trouble!

I know it's dumb, but that's the way it is right now - if anything changes I'll letcha know!

Speaking of the text and player nitpicks, why does the text show up there at all? I didn't remember it showing up for that one Dr Fred line and I managed to find a play-through with subtitles off that confirms that. Is this a glitch that happens on switch-over at the moment, or did the Remastered team decide to add it in?

It was a bug, but has already been fixed :)

@thunderpeel and other guys asking, please stop asking about the 'Singapore version' - we're not allowed to comment on the theoretical existence or non existence of it and I don't want anyone to get in trouble!

I know it's dumb, but that's the way it is right now - if anything changes I'll letcha know!

Bah humbug :(

Sign in to follow this