Sign in to follow this  
tfcnu

Xbox one version?

Really disappointed that all of your remakes (DOTT, Full Throttle) aren't being made for the xbox one. Wish I would've read this before giving over $500 in support for Psychonauts 2 yesterday. I don't plan on buying a ps4 just for these games even though I've bought every game you've made in the last 11 years. I don't want the pc versions either as i don't game much at all on it. Unless playstation is paying you a shit ton of money for these games, you are stabbing the game fans you're asking for funding money from in the back.

Indeed, according to an interview with Giant Bomb, Sony sought the license for all of the LucasArts adventure games, and Grim Fandango was just the tip of the iceberg.

It seems like a situation similar to EA's exclusivity license. Essentially, if you want to make a Star Wars game, you have to get the license from both Disney/Lucasfilm and EA, and it seems that if you want to make a game based on a LucasArts adventure property, you have to get the license from both Disney/Lucasfilm and Sony.

Really disappointed that all of your remakes (DOTT, Full Throttle) aren't being made for the xbox one. Wish I would've read this before giving over $500 in support for Psychonauts 2 yesterday. I don't plan on buying a ps4 just for these games even though I've bought every game you've made in the last 11 years. I don't want the pc versions either as i don't game much at all on it. Unless playstation is paying you a shit ton of money for these games, you are stabbing the game fans you're asking for funding money from in the back.

I feel your pain, but blame Sony. They're the ones making all these games exclusives to their platform, just to try and make people like us want to buy a PS4 (nng!). But, as others have pointed out, they're the ones who made the deal happen in the first place, so really it's thanks to them that we get to play them at all. If DF had said no, they simply would have gone to another developer... it wasn't DF's choice to make.

Well it seems GRIM its out on Switch now, maybe this is next?

Edited by Maxrunner