Sign in to follow this  
Leppee

Rewards for backing - I am not 100% sure it is clear to me

HI!

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed and answered elsewhere, please link me to it if that is the case.

So I would love to back the new Psychonauts, but before I do so I would like to make sure about a couple of things:

For example in the 10$ support a reward states that the backer gets a psychonauts 1 digital download, whereas in the 39$ support it states that you get Psychonauts 1 (among other things) but the description says (at a lower than retail price). That is what confuses me: so if I back it with 10 dollars I get a digital download, and if I back it with 39 I get to purchase with a lower than retail price, or what is the deal there?

Also do we get the digital download of psychonauts 1 immediately, or do we have to wait for the release of psychonauts 2 to get 1 as well?

Thank you!!! :)

Not 100% certain, but I took it to mean that a $39 pledge will be cheaper than the retail price of Psychonauts 2 when it is released. In effect, you're getting both games for $39. Not that you're getting a coupon or something.

The language is a bit vague, and I hope my interpretation is correct. The pledge tiers have an itemised list at the bottom which tell you exactly what you're getting for your pledge.

Thank you very much for the info! That seems logical. What pledge tiers do you mean - the main page or the next one where the purchase is made? I was unable to find whether Psychonauts 1 becomes immediately available, or only when 2 comes out. Do you maybe know?

I'm almost certain the Psychonauts 1 codes will go out upon the end of the fig campaign.

Yeah we'll send them out as soon as we can after the campaign ends, no need to hold on to them!

the retail price thing is referring to Psychonauts 2 price point!

I have another question about the rewards as well.

Are the signed art prints an exclusive reward at the $400 level, or is it available for all higher levels? I am funding it at the $800 level, and although it says "all previous rewards", the "signed art print" that is under the Rewards list for the $400 level never shows up again for the subsequent levels.

The "+ all previous rewards" and non listing of other previous rewards afterwards is kinda confusing me. This questions had been asked by others on the Fig comments section over the last few days but no answers were given, could someone clarify on this?

Another question: the Basic Braining tier says you get DRM free copies or Steam keys of the games, but the 10 $ tier only says a digital download of the game - is a Steam key an option for that tier?

Another question: the Basic Braining tier says you get DRM free copies or Steam keys of the games, but the 10 $ tier only says a digital download of the game - is a Steam key an option for that tier?

1. Regardless of reward tier, distribution will likely be via Humble, and will likely include Steam and/or GOG keys.

2. Basic Braining says you get digital downloads of Psychonauts 1 and 2. The $10 tier is ONLY for Psychonauts 1.

Anyone know the shirt size range?

Does Basic Brain include xbox/ps release as well?

It does for an extra $18, which is approximately the price they pay Sony/Microsoft for the code. They get free Humble/Steam/GOG keys, but need to pay for console keys. The $18 will be less than if you wait to buy it at launch however.

can we get a second copy as an addon somewhere?

wanting to give some more so that my friend who hasnt the money atm can jump into it

Bump.

@DF can we get any information if this may or may not be added. i wouldnt mind backing double if thats possible. As said its a gfit for a friend.

A second copy eh? We can add that as an addon perhaps, i'll look into it!

nice. thanks

Could you please please please also add Black Velvetopia playing cards as an addon? :D

Lots of people have asked for those, and they were on our list of potential things to add in so... maybe? :)

dont want to be annoying and impatient

BUT IM STILL WAITING !!!!11!1 :P

(any news on this? :D)

What about the option to add extras to your pledge after making it without having to cancel your pledge and do it again? I think people with early bird pledges would appreciate that option.

What about the option to add extras to your pledge after making it without having to cancel your pledge and do it again? I think people with early bird pledges would appreciate that option.

Email Fig with this idea, I sent them a suggesting for their site and they were very grateful for it. :)

Lots of people have asked for those, and they were on our list of potential things to add in so... maybe? :)

You sure it wasn't just me constantly asking?

Email Fig with this idea, I sent them a suggesting for their site and they were very grateful for it. :)

Thanks for the tip! But I don't see a feedback form on their website nor an e-mail address for it. Could you let me know how you did it? I'd like to suggest that and also for them to add the list of extras to the campaign description, only the console codes are mentioned and you don't see what the other options are until the pledging process.

Thanks for the tip! But I don't see a feedback form on their website nor an e-mail address for it. Could you let me know how you did it?

Their twitter profile has: "For support email help@fig.co" at least.

Smiles

im still waiting to back ^^" not that the goal wont be reached witthout me but still.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay it's been crazy busy with the campaign and holidays coming up. To those asking about the ability to upgrade pledge without canceling and starting over, Fig is working on that functionality. In fact today they added the ability to select more add-ons after you've already pledged. We're hopeful they can also get bundle upgrades in before the end of the campaign, but aren't sure on that timeline. until then you can always cancel your bid and select a new tier from scratch.

As for another key, we'll talk it over, but you can always create an account for your friend and back at the $40 tier in the meantime. Thanks y'all!