Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Memories of Psychonauts by 2 Player Productions

Because the campaign is going so well (you guys!!!!!) the backer missions we just launched have already born some fruit! The first reward that has unlocked is a three part mini documentary about making Psychonauts!

We very much hope you enjoy this look back at the crazy days of the turn of the millennium, and beyond, as Tim and the rest of Double Fine reminisce about the old studio, and how the game came to be!

Parts 2 and 3 will be uploaded Tomorrow and Thursday!

PART 1

oVizZG0QL9Y

PART 2

9WWSsw-16vw

PART 3

E3zFPss3-9I

THOSE OLD VIDEOS :o

EVERYONE IS SO YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL

That was freaking adorable, wow. And so interesting! Tim's brainstorming notes! The rank state the studio was in. The anecdote about the e-mail :D

Devs Play Season 2 coming soon!! :D

This is wonderful. Thanks DF!

"What colour is the sky in your world?" is actually a line from CHEERS -- one that stuck in my head for years after hearing it, too. Sounds like Tim's friend heard it and quoted it. Classic line.

Edit: And here it is:

lbS2KSRUVHo

Wow that garage studio. I can just imagine someone backing thier car in there and seeing a bunch of people on computers like what is this madness

Wow that garage studio. I can just imagine someone backing thier car in there and seeing a bunch of people on computers like what is this madness

Those 15" monitors were madness.

Cars WERE actually parked in there. Which is good because all the parking around the area was two hour parking. One of the programmer had a car that was a bit old, and every time that the car started up it would fill up the art pit with carbon monoxide. I'm pretty sure no one passed out.....

Cars WERE actually parked in there. Which is good because all the parking around the area was two hour parking. One of the programmer had a car that was a bit old, and every time that the car started up it would fill up the art pit with carbon monoxide. I'm pretty sure no one passed out.....

And don't forget the sewage!

I uh....would very much like to forget that.... On rainy days Olympic Deli would be nice enough to let us use their restrooms. Speaking of which they made great BLT's....and I'm pretty sure Matt Franklin once saved that place from burning down. And since we left, it burned down.....

I miss Tim's old blog posts about all of the rats.

I uh....would very much like to forget that.... On rainy days Olympic Deli would be nice enough to let us use their restrooms. Speaking of which they made great BLT's....and I'm pretty sure Matt Franklin once saved that place from burning down. And since we left, it burned down.....

I'm amazed so many of you stuck it out, to be honest.

Unlike SOME losers we know...

halloween_brad.jpg

Unlike SOME losers we know...

halloween_brad.jpg

That is one weird outtie belly button. Must have been awkward in gym class as a kid.

Ahhh...but those are now special memories (and glad that we work in a build with a working AC system and reliable toilets). And I did leave for a short amount of time for personal reasons, but I had to come back. This is a special place.

Ahhh...but those are now special memories (and glad that we work in a build with a working AC system and reliable toilets). And I did leave for a short amount of time for personal reasons, but I had to come back. This is a special place.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Easy to say now, but it must have been tough at the time! :) I mean it's why Eric left, right?

Gosh, I'd only ever seen concept art of D'Art before that video (except for his cameo in Psychonauts).

Awesome! :)

Watching part 1 now. Maybe by the time I finish part 2, part 3 will be out. :)

EDIT: Just finished Part 2 and Part 3 not out yet. I am disappoint.

But I am not disappointed in Part 1 and 2. Awesome videos. Great seeing all the young versions of everybody. :P

it's coming really soon! The guys are working super speedily!

Started to tear up at the end there when the team expresses their optimism and in some cases reservations about the potential of doing a Psychonauts 2. I especially liked Geoff saying they want to see how they can bring the platformer to the world today without just being nostalgic but also being progressive. I like how he thinks. :)

Nice. :-) Any information regarding devs play? Release date/involved Developers? Which games?
Starting next week probably. I think they are tied to campaign social goals. Initial episodes revealed are Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank, Prince of Persia SoT, Assassin's Creed 2 and many more to come!

that was me that noticed the fire :D! but matt was there, and thien, and we helped put it out.

but yes, it burned down once we moved :(

Great job by 2PP, as usual.

Seeing the team ten years younger made me realize I'm ten years older too.

Now I feel depressed and exhilarated at the same time. :-P