Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
epic

Getting James Williems (Funhaus) Into Psychonauts 2

So, it was rumored that after a Change.org petition by fans of Funhaus, Double Fine has offered James Williems a chance to audition for a small role in Psychonauts 2. It would make this big fan's dream come true.

I feel old. I had to Google him and I still don't entirely understand who he is.

No idea who he is, but it seems like a clever move to involve someone with a big social media following who can encourage a load of people who ordinarily might not back.

I feel old. I had to Google him and I still don't entirely understand who he is.

You never heard of Funhaus or Inside Gaming?!

You never heard of Funhaus or Inside Gaming?!

Nope. I know Rooster Teeth, because I used to keep up with RvB, but I haven't followed them very closely the past several years. I'm not super interested in streams or in gaming shows unless they've got an interview I want to see or something.

Not really, either.

I don't pay much attention to youtube, since I find the majority of popular youtubers quite obnoxious. There are some exceptions, though, and some channels I do like to follow.

Starting to get tired of people coming in here asking who this guy is. It's kinda rude don't you think?

Is it?

Even if I said that I don't know who Patrick Stewart is, then maybe that reflects poorly on me and my knowledge of popular culture, but it certainly isn't rude. That's just silly talk. He shouldn't be offended and neither should you. (And if he WERE offended, that would just be narcissism.)

Thanks for trying to provide links and explanation to those of us who are in the dark, though.

Starting to get tired of people coming in here asking who this guy is. It's kinda rude don't you think?

Is it?

Even if I said that I don't know who Patrick Stewart is, then maybe that reflects poorly on me and my knowledge of popular culture, but it certainly isn't rude. That's just silly talk. He shouldn't be offended and neither should you. (And if he WERE offended, that would just be narcissism.)

Thanks for trying to provide links and explanation to those of us who are in the dark, though.

It's just a pet peeve of mine, but you're welcome as it relates to the channel (yes, the person on the banner is James, but he's with 7 other people including his wife). I recommend their Demo Disk and GTA videos.

Maybe we should have posted this video. Hey, everyone. He's this guy. Apparently one thing he's known for is being extremely, extremely enthusiastic about Psychonauts being his favorite game of all time:

Yeah, he seems cool enough. I checked out a couple of his videos and his twitter feed. I just happened to not follow the internet circle he's known in, but he seems swell. =]

I'm sure he will make an excellent toilet. ;-)

Quick run down of James Williems. He worked at Machinma and eventually joined the "Inside Gaming" crew. A majority of people who were part of Inside Gaming left, and then joined Rooster Teeth starting a sub-group called FunHaus (they have their own youtube channel, general humor, joking around regarding games etc etc). The reason why he's relevant to Psychonauts is he was very vocal about his fandom of Psychonauts, basically his default answer to "best game/game that needs a sequel etc" was almost always PSYCHONAUTS.

TL;DR James Williems, popular youtuber, big fan of Psychonauts, Cool dude

I'm not even a fan but that video seemed so genuine I want to root for him. #Jamesinpsychonauts2

I would like to join two clubs.

1. I don't know who he is.

2 I don't think it's rude to ask who he is.

I think there's enough room in psychonauts HQ for a talking toilet using his voice. :P

[del]But will we get a talking toilet with D'ART's voice[/del]

I'm a huge fan of Psychonauts also, so Double Fine should let me audition for a role too.

But do you work for a popular YouTube channel?

I'm a huge fan of Psychonauts also, so Double Fine should let me audition for a role too.

No. 8-/

No. 8-/

Then why do you feel you should get a role over James?

No. 8-/

Would you believe I'm actually psychic in real life?

No. 8-/

Umm sure...

No. 8-/

Umm sure...

Well, there ya go. That's why. I am uniquely qualified to play a psychic in a video game about psychic secret agents. :)

No. 8-/

You seem weirdly defensive of James. Are you dating him?

The idea that someone is deserving of some game reward just by virtue of being a prominent Youtuber is a bit silly. But he seems nice enough and I support this just because I think it's good for the campaign.

Sign in to follow this