Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
epic

Getting James Williems (Funhaus) Into Psychonauts 2

Well, Iiiii, uuhh, I can't see why not...?

Fyi,

His internship ended last month, and he's now a full-time fartbarners employee at roosterteeth.

I'm a huge fan of Psychonauts also, so Double Fine should let me audition for a role too.

But do you work for a popular YouTube channel?

No. 8-/

Then why do you feel you should get a role over James?

You seem weirdly defensive of James. Are you dating him?

Nah, I'm more of an Adam guy. :P

I'd like to join the 'I don't have a clue who this guy is' club.

Starting to get tired of people coming in here asking who this guy is. It's kinda rude don't you think? Here's Funhaus' channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCboMX_UNgaPBsUOIgasn3-Q

Never heard of this guy in my life and still see no reason why I should know of him, why are you getting all defensive over some guy who runs a YouTube channel for christ sake? You're behaving like some kid in a playground defending their favourite popstar or something :/ Very strange.

The goal has been met. James Williems will be given a chance to audition as a toilet in Psychonauts 2. Also, sorry for overreacting to others for not knowing about James or Funhaus, but check them out one day.

The goal has been met. James Williems will be given a chance to audition as a toilet in Psychonauts 2. Also, sorry for overreacting to others for not knowing about James or Funhaus, but check them out one day.

I actually have been following his latest playthrough videos of Psychonauts. He seems nice! But I have to say it hasn't been my favourite let's play. They have conversations right over the game dialogue, and it's not even about the game. It's pretty distracting. If I do watch a Let's Play I tend to want them to react to stuff that's on the screen! But he seems nice and I glad he's getting his wish.

xD Written by Tim Schafer. I'm reminded of the sperm whale in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I'm a huge fan of Psychonauts also, so Double Fine should let me audition for a role too.

So having a popular Youtube channel makes you a better Psychonauts fan ? Just saying this because you seem pretty rude.

Still pretty baffled by all this James Willems stuff to be honest, but glad he got what he wanted and it's a fine audition tape. I think he's proven he can deliver a small role.

At first I thought this James fellow must be a bit potty, but now that I'm privy to his audition, I'm grateful that DF didn't settle for just any canned performance. His portrayal of Number Four has more layers than a roll of double ply. So pleased he decided to take the plunge and squeeze out an audition.

xD Written by Tim Schafer. I'm reminded of the sperm whale in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

After watching the audition I had the same feeling. In case anyone doesn't know here is a link to the

This is the most I have been moved by a toilet since Fairly Odd Parents :P. Totally psyched to see Tim and Erik collab on this.

After watching the audition I had the same feeling. In case anyone doesn't know here is a link to the

This is the most I have been moved by a toilet since Fairly Odd Parents :P. Totally psyched to see Tim and Erik collab on this.

Tim admitted in the AMA that it was, in his words, an H2G2 "rip-off"! Tim has such great taste in fiction. I wrote down all his movie influences he mentioned in the Grim Fandango commentary as a rec list.

Sorry for the confusion with all this, the 'who the hell is james willems' post i intended to make never quite made it to the top of the priority list.

His involvement in the campaign was great, his fan base are passionate and dedicated, they remind me of you guys :)

They helped us to get eyes on the campaign that we'd never have managed without him / them, and brought some extra fun to the proceedings.

Sorry for the confusion with all this, the 'who the hell is james willems' post i intended to make never quite made it to the top of the priority list.

His involvement in the campaign was great, his fan base are passionate and dedicated, they remind me of you guys :)

They helped us to get eyes on the campaign that we'd never have managed without him / them, and brought some extra fun to the proceedings.

I'd never heard of him either until I saw him being mentioned a lot when Psychonauts 2 was announced, so I thought adding him to the standing orders was genius. And I'm really glad for him, the whole saga has been really heartwarming, I think it was the best moment of the livestream, and that's saying something!

His involvement in the campaign was great, his fan base are passionate and dedicated

Haha, yes, i remember them from the twitch stream xD

Like a gatling gun of chat messages they were xD

Also never heard of him until yesterday. Not sure why someone would think it's rude to say so. Is this what it has come to?

No. 8-/

Then why do you feel you should get a role over James?

What the...?!

Ignore it, Cooper.

i had no idea who he was until very recently but he would make a fine Toilet #4 as far as I can see.... :)

Sign in to follow this