Sign in to follow this  
greenfalcon

Psychonauts 2 Fig Tracking - Updated 9pm daily

I highly doubt it will be necessary, but I'll bump my money up if it hasn't hit the funding target by New Years as well. It's interesting that they raised the cap on the unaccredited investment all things considered. I guess they want to makes sure the game hits it's target before capping it.

I wish I could bump my money up but I already backed for a reward and an investment... I already have to figure out ways to broach the topic with my wife... ... ...

Perhaps there was a gap between the cap being hit and raising the cap.

Or perhaps everyone's just too distracted by Star Wars and/or end of year parties right now. It's probably the last couple of days at work for a lot of people

Now is this time for them to add some updates about the actual time, and be a bit more active. Not that I don't think that they're working with the campaign, but it feels a bit quiet. It seems like Spaff is almost the only one interacting with (potential) backers/investors on the social medias I have checked.

I'm a bit confused as to why they started the campaign around the Christmas/ Star Wars release. Seems like those things will take away lots of money and attention.

I'm a bit confused as to why they started the campaign around the Christmas/ Star Wars release. Seems like those things will take away lots of money and attention.

The ability to be so choosy is a luxury they may not have had.

It's especially weird to me since running the campaign after January would make the unaccredited investing much less up in the air. I second the guess that it's out of necessity, although it's also possible that the VGAs and Playstation Experience being so close together meant they had a chance of making announcements in large venues to wider audiences.

Whoops, I ended up at my company holiday party last night. I snapshot values but was not able to update until now.

Having just been fired from this thread, he is now free to pursue this so called "life" as much as he may please.

Having just been fired from this thread, he is now free to pursue this so called "life" as much as he may please.

51hkTpCC-NL.jpg

Having this "life" thing is very much overrated. Instead, I prefer a nice muesli in the morning.

By my calculations, we need less than $20k each day to make the total. Greenfalcon, you're hired again to update that figure.

Yes! I am so happy to be employed once more, even if it is at a severely reduced pay. I have updated numbers and will refrain from partaking in "life" outside this thread. I will sit at my computer and stare at this page eagerly waiting for 9pm. I pledge to only take breaks for an occasional water cracker and bathroom break.

Management has taken notice of your new found vim, and vigor, and as long as security footage (we are watching. We are always watching) backs up your words with your actions, you could be removed from probation as early as December 2017! Welcome back to the family. Any attempts to thwart our constant surveillance will result in disownment/dismemberment. We love you. Accept our love. Do not test our love.

...you could be removed from probation as early as December 2017! Welcome back to the family. Any attempts to thwart our constant surveillance will result in disownment/dismemberment. We love you. Accept our love. Do not test our love.

veridian.jpg

This will mark the first day where the daily funding is under the required amount remaining per day to fulfill the campaign. As everyone has previously noted, there should be a sizable bump at the end....

This will mark the first day where the daily funding is under the required amount remaining per day to fulfill the campaign. As everyone has previously noted, there should be a sizable bump at the end....

A little concerning, but we've still got a ways to go- and Christmas might make it a little more unpredictable, it could mean MORE donations as gifts, or it could mean LESS while people are shopping for their families and tending to stuff in real life. Who knows.

I'm guessing there will be a drop starting now and all through the new year. Not just because people are spending their money on holidays, but because people are going to be very distracted. DF probably is / will be distracted as well, so we might not hear as much from them either.

Expected, since the campaign is as quiet as it is. There's very little going on with updates that generate attention, and without any attention, there will be few new backers. There are few things that makes the headlines, and few things to discuss on forums, twitter, etc.

I must say I'm a bit suprised about how it's being run so far. I hope there will be some updates related to the game next week.

I'm rather surprised that you think the campaign isn't being run very well.

So far, in a couple of weeks since launch they've:

* Created community goals to spread the word which have demonstrably succeeded

* Kept these going with weekly tasks

* Released a 3 part history of Psychonauts documentary

* Begun a series of YouTube videos playing 3D platformers

* Run a Twitch play of Psychonauts with the developers

Not to mention the various interviews and things that Tim did on launch.

The only thing they haven't done is revealed any extra information specifically related to the game, and I think they're absolutely right to hold that back until the final push because they probably only have a limited amount of it that they can reveal at this time.

I'm rather surprised that you think the campaign isn't being run very well.

If they have set the highest goal of any game related kickstarter, on a new crowfunding platform, and seem to reach that target, then it's by most definitions a well run campaign. What I'm saying is that this dip should be expected, if the updates aren't those that generate something about the game to discuss, and maybe that's a missed opportunity to keep the momentum going.

I respect them for not making upp stuff about the game as they go, as other crowfunding campaigns have done that, but I think that they would have gained a lot by having more details or material about the game ready. If they have that material, and are saving that for a final push rather then using it for momentum, I'm not as confident that it's the best, but that's of course just an opinion from a layman.

It's pretty lacklustre, from my perspective, sad to say. I've just been part of the MST3K Kickstarter, and that was the best run crowd funding experience I've ever had (I've been involved in 30+).

DF seem to be treating this like they treated DFA -- but things have changed a lot since then. I know they've released that awesome documentary, but the updates so far have felt cold and impersonal to me -- I've not even bothered reading them. By contrast I was literally checking Kickstarter for new updates every day with MST3K -- and I'm more of a fan of DF. Tim really should be writing the updates, just like Joel Hodgson wrote the MST ones.

I don't know, it just hasn't connected with me so far. The Twitch stream was underwhelming and increased the number of backers by a nominal amount. I'm just not feeling any momentum :(

Seems fine to me. Fun pills and sleds.Smiles

Yeah it's fine, I liked the twitch stream, and I certainly hope there will be more. For me it's just a discussion about what more might be doable, and speculation about what the campaign will offer the coming weeks. .

Seems fine to me. Fun pills and sleds.Smiles

Yeah it's fine, I liked the twitch stream, and I certainly hope there will be more. For me it's just a discussion about what more might be doable, and speculation about what the campaign will offer the coming weeks. .

I'm fine with it overall. I wish there were a lot more engagement from Tim or DF generally on it (the MST3K kickstarter did raise the bar on engagement). I thought the twitch stream was good as just a regular old twitch stream, but I was a little miffed that they specifically asked for questions to be asked during the twitch stream and then didn't really ask or answer a single one of them.

But just generally speaking, I think it's pretty okay.

Divinity Original Sin 1 and2 kickstarter campaigns I think have been some of the best in the gaming industry. But this one, and DF's other crowdfunding, have been more than adequate I think.

Smiles

I think some people are exaggerating here.

When DFA began there wasn't even any sort of idea on how to run a big crowdfunding campaign. DFA was, at that time, the biggest by a very wide margin. And they were making it up as they went along. They released some videos they had ready and announced some ... not exactly stretch goals, but things they would be able to do with the extra money and that's about it.

With this campaign, it's more than evident they have a plan. They've figured out the community goals in advance, filmed a Devs Play series and other video material in advance, and clearly have an idea of what they want to do each week.

What they probably don't want to do is make any big sort of reveals or announcements during this 1-2 week period in the middle when lots of people are likely to be distracted and not see them. I think that would be a huge mistake.

This time of year, and this time in the crowdfunding timeline you're going to get a dip anyway. I don't think there's any way they could have avoided that. But on the other hand, they were able to keep a fairly stable level of funding for a whole two weeks, far outpacing what happened with DFA.

For contrast, on day 5 of funding DFA was making $58k. Psychonauts 2 was making $161k.

On day 10 of funding DFA was making $35k. Psychonauts 2 was making $83k.

It's not an entirely fair comparison, because half of that is investment, but investment alone cannot account for the additional success, because actually these figures are well OVER double DFA's. Even without the investment, it would be doing much better at this stage.

It's going fine, and they should go for a bigger push in the new year.