Sign in to follow this  
greenfalcon

Psychonauts 2 Fig Tracking - Updated 9pm daily

Oh, I'm positive it's going to reach its goal.

I think with more pushing they could raise more, though. For example, MST3K's public goal was $2m but they raised $6.2m.

This time of year, and this time in the crowdfunding timeline you're going to get a dip anyway. I don't think there's any way they could have avoided that. But on the other hand, they were able to keep a fairly stable level of funding for a whole two weeks, far outpacing what happened with DFA.

Well, my arguments was for that maybe there was something to the dip at lest a bit....lesser (if that's the right word), if they felt the need for it, and I thought they would feel that need. There are things other campaigns have done, and they choosen not to do that. But I have already written that before, so....yeah. :)

As said in a previous post, with investment part, I also think they're doing fine, so kudos to them for that. :)

Oh, I'm positive it's going to reach its goal.

I think with more pushing they could raise more, though. For example, MST3K's public goal was $2m but they raised $6.2m.

Again pretty different because that particular campaign also had several stretch goals up to making a full series at $5m. So people were demonstrably getting more episodes by pledging. It's hard to see what DF could promise in a similar vein. Promising more characters or levels is asking for trouble later on.

It's hard to see what DF could promise in a similar vein. Promising more characters or levels is asking for trouble later on.

Double Fine could have the inclusion of the original Psychonauts as a stretch goal. Similar to how they included Maniac Mansion in DOTT.

I sure would love to see the numbers get a little spike this week, maybe we just figure out how to fly a banner over the 49ers stadium before a game... It would be more exciting than the main event. Just think of it, everyone in the entire stadium logging onto fig instead of listening to Jed York's speech. Ok, maybe that is a little too crazy and unrealistic...

It's hard to see what DF could promise in a similar vein. Promising more characters or levels is asking for trouble later on.

PSYCHONAUTS ABRIDGED!! Have the voice actors record a quick 15/20 minute recap of the events from the first game in an Abridged style for the $4 Million Stretchgoal! :P

Again pretty different because that particular campaign also had several stretch goals up to making a full series at $5m. So people were demonstrably getting more episodes by pledging. It's hard to see what DF could promise in a similar vein. Promising more characters or levels is asking for trouble later on.

That's true, however it's not just that. The MST3K updates were interesting and written by the project leader, and the whole project responded quickly to feedback from backers. The Psychonauts 2 updates are nearly completely about just asking people to share things, very boilerplate. They're impersonal (as they're written from no-one) and very dull (apologies to whoever is writing them -- you're doing the best you can). Momentum is just lacking for me.

I want things to succeed of course, and they apparently are going to, but it could be better. I hate to harp on about it, but the MST3K project created a huge sense of community -- it generated 60,000 comments and its own private Facebook group (made by backers) once it was finished. None of that is happening here.

That's true, however it's not just that. The MST3K updates were interesting and written by the project leader, and the whole project responded quickly to feedback from backers. The Psychonauts 2 updates are nearly completely about just asking people to share things, very boilerplate. They're impersonal (as they're written from no-one) and very dull (apologies to whoever is writing them -- you're doing the best you can). Momentum is just lacking for me.

I want things to succeed of course, and they apparently are going to, but it could be better. I hate to harp on about it, but the MST3K project created a huge sense of community -- it generated 60,000 comments and its own private Facebook group (made by backers) once it was finished. None of that is happening here.

Fun pills and sleds for everyone!

Smiles

Fun pills and sleds for everyone!

Smiles

Try saying this to your wife/girlfriend the next time she's in a bad mood. ;-) %-P

The Psychonauts 2 updates are nearly completely about just asking people to share things, very boilerplate. They're impersonal (as they're written from no-one) and very dull (apologies to whoever is writing them -- you're doing the best you can).

Could be the Christmas break. Most Double Fine staff would be with family and such now. In fact, the updates are probably created by a hired Artificial Intelligence! Is that you, GlaDOS?

quite a bump today, however I think it mostly came from a single investor... (not complaining though!)

quite a bump today, however I think it mostly came from a single investor... (not complaining though!)

Notch confirmed.

Notch confirmed.

Where did he confirm it? I don't see it on his Twitter feed.

Notch confirmed.

Is joke; the funny-haha kind.

I think he mentioned on his Twitter early on in the campaign that he picked at least one of the top rewards for backing. Might have upped his pledge now that it's possible though.

Notch confirmed.

Is joke; the funny-haha kind.

*SLAMS HANDS ON FANCY EXECUTIVE DESK* FALCON YOUR REPORT IS LATE WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF

Damn! I admit, I was unable to update the report in a timely manner. I did snapshot values for yesterday and today and am updating now. I'll tell my employer of my second failure... I don't know if they are going to keep me after this transgression.

Wow, funding performed much better than I thought it would on Christmas. It should be today or tomorrow and the campaign should hit the big 3million mark! Then it will only be 300k to go.

Ha! I think they will hit their goal on 1/8. However, I would love it if they hit their goal earlier. Are there any high ranking Disney folks in the forums that could get the Psyconauts 2 trailer in the previews for the Star Wars flick? :)

Interesting how closely these past few days followed the pattern of the same days of the week last week: a big fall on Saturday, the nadir on Sunday, back up to average on Monday, massive bump on Tuesday!

/Discarded lyrics for that Craig David song.

Wasn't that one of the AF videos? The one with the box?
Would've been the AF2014 trailer, where Tim explains how they got through 2013 without an AF event.

As well as an end of funding bump we should also expect a small close-to-100% bump. When funding hits 100% that generates news stories which in turn generates more sales. Also some people paradoxically like to wait until they're sure something will be funded before pledging, so you get a bump when it's nearly at or at 100%.

I think we could hit 100% in about a week.

Things are looking great for the doublefine team! If you look at how much is needed to hit the goal per day they are down to 16k! A few more great days will drop that further and should help considerably during the final push. I sure would love for df to overshoot their goal by a wide margin! Heck, if they can keep hitting 25k per day they could hit their goal on the 7th or 8th allowing the end of campaign ramp up to be slightly less stressful.

Crossing fingers.