Sign in to follow this  
greenfalcon

Psychonauts 2 Fig Tracking - Updated 9pm daily

Can someone with a Twitter account message a prominent games journalist and ask them to report on the campaign today? I think if the media reminds people it's the last week, it'll wrap up funding faster.

I recommend trying @SamBarsanti or @Gerardi from The A.V. Club, as they're usually looking for stuff to report and their site gets lots of traffic.

Make sure to link them to this page and tell them that the campaign raised over $45k yesterday, and that if we raise the same amount today, we'll reach 100%.

Even with the 3k drop, we're still up 20k from yesterday, with a good part of the day left, especially for those on the west coast.

Can someone with a Twitter account message a prominent games journalist and ask them to report on the campaign today? I think if the media reminds people it's the last week, it'll wrap up funding faster.

I recommend trying @SamBarsanti or @Gerardi from The A.V. Club, as they're usually looking for stuff to report and their site gets lots of traffic.

Make sure to link them to this page and tell them that the campaign raised over $45k yesterday, and that if we raise the same amount today, we'll reach 100%.

That's a great idea, this is the first time I wish I had a twitter account!

*SCREAMS*

Edit: Wow, the investment figures are really jumping ahead, no wonder Spaff already had the thing at 3.3 million. Also somebody just booked a camping trip right after I took this screenshot xD

SCREAMING.png

SCREAMING.png.24586d4fdf46cc53b1a45d8650

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mod Edit: I appreciate your enthusiasm, but try not to break the forum next time please! Thanks.

wow, crazy how fast things change. We are already approaching the projection for today in the spreadsheet... I think it is going to be a great day!

Now I can finally stop holding my breath and I can start to look forward to 2PP Videos!!!

wow, crazy how fast things change. We are already approaching the projection for today in the spreadsheet... I think it is going to be a great day!

Now I can finally stop holding my breath and I can start to look forward to 2PP Videos!!!

Forget 120%, how about 200%?

I'm disappointed I missed the milestone though. Was busy signing for my house!

Forget 120%, how about 200%?

I'm disappointed I missed the milestone though. Was busy signing for my house!

Haha,

Now, that makes me happy.

It just jumped from 100% to 101%.

I think it might climb farther than that before the deadline, and if it did... it would be AWESOME!

What a great day!

And wow, hasn't the funding taken off! I guess this is that post-funded bump that people were mentioning.

Wow, today also looks stellar! I wonder if they will pull in 100k today...

Since the fully funded moment came slightly earlier than expected, I think it'll be followed by a slower end-of-funding ramp up. Some people who would have been ferreted out in the end-of-campaign ramp-up probably pledged during the last couple of days. I'd be a little surprised if after that hump it carries on accelerating at 1.2 - rather I think we're still seeing the tail end of the hump, and it'll settle a little before picking back up on the final day. I'm still gonna guess 3.5-3.7 million for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did a little more than that.

4 million would be very impressive, and it would make me feel happy as it would mitigate the reality that not all of unaccredited investors will end up going through with it (myself included, I have decided for personal reasons, but there's no way to remove my reservation)

The amount of backers has overtaken the amount of investors again (barely squeaking past it by $1000 as I post this). It's probably the ability to edit your pledge and the add-ons (the Lili plush made me boost my pledge!) that caused the surge in reward backing.

It's nice to see that the amount of backer interest really is about even with the investor interest in this campaign. :)

The amount of backers has overtaken the amount of investors again (barely squeaking past it by $1000 as I post this). It's probably the ability to edit your pledge and the add-ons (the Lili plush made me boost my pledge!) that caused the surge in reward backing.

It's nice to see that the amount of backer interest really is about even with the investor interest in this campaign. :)

hopefully this continues. I'm much happier with the fairly secure backer money making up the majority rather than those unaccredited investments where there is literally no data yet on what % of those options end up being taken. My guess is less than 50% because right now it's very easy to reserve shares without realising you're on the last step, and then it's impossible to take back.

I slacked on my duties last night, I did take a screenshot and the data is up to date now... I know I am on probation, I await the probationary committee to determine my fate. I humbly apologize for this latest transgression.

Funds just dropped another 3k, is it possible a bug? 3472000 to 3468900. We're wayyyyyyyyyy over the top now though, so I'm not too worried.

I had to readjust my pledge for financial reasons so some of that is me, but it wasn't that much, heh.

There may be others in the same boat, having had stuff come up and finding that they can't back for the amount they originally planned.

Yeah, it's pretty common for pledges to fluctuate a lot during the end of a crowdfunding campaign for those reasons, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I had to readjust my pledge for financial reasons so some of that is me, but it wasn't that much, heh.

There may be others in the same boat, having had stuff come up and finding that they can't back for the amount they originally planned.

I might have to do that myself, sadly. I adjusted it up $220 with add-ons, but I might have to go down to a lower tier as I have to pay a $500 deductable for a fender bender (hitting a stump actually :/).

I really want the Raz and Lili plushies, but it looks like it might not come to be (unless I can figure out how to get the funding through maxing out my credit cards like I did with the Duke Grabowski kickstarter).

I'm going to try to sort things out, but if I can't manage it, hopefully the Raz plushie tier will still be available to slacker backers once the campaign is over so I can upgrade my tier to it through Paypal later.

I just hope they release a non-talking Lili plush for regular sale, I don't have the funds to get that for $100. XC

We're so close to finishing the standing orders... Hopefully we can get that final tier!

We have passed my original projection spreadsheet... I can't say that I am not happy about that...

From Tim's IAmA, it's now clear that although unaccredited investments reflected in the total have been capped, they also continued to accept back-up reservations. So it's entirely possible that if they can get the cap increased later, the investor total could be (significantly) greater than the number displayed at the end of the campaign. There could be a number of backers (like myself) with basically no interest in the rewards who simply want to help Double Fine to whatever extent possible, thus cannibalizing the "Rewards" backer count. Some of us may not be reflected in the end of campaign total, but still might get the chance later on to give DF the money we "pledged" during the campaign.

It also means that the risk of a lot of those investments falling through isn't as high as we thought. Someone posted a link to a YouTube video of them signing up for a $12k investment they had no intention of following through on in that AMA. I don't think a lot of those investments are people trolling, but there are many fair reasons why someone might not be able to pay for an investment too, so some backup is good.

I sure hope there aren't that many trolls signing up on the investment side of things. I can fully understand individuals that have to back out but it is outright evil to "fake" invest with the sole purpose of hurt and manipulation. I chose to invest mainly to help DF as much as possible. I would be sad if I didn't recoup my investment but only because that meant p2 didn't sell well.