Sign in to follow this  
greenfalcon

Psychonauts 2 Fig Tracking - Updated 9pm daily

Some people are backing out already. I noticed two days ago that the raised value fell for 3k when I refreshed the page. I think it was 3573k and then it was 3570k. Most likely people who thought this won't get funded and signed up for the laughs.

Still, overall, the total is climbing. Now over the 3.6m mark! Rewards have well and truly overtaken the investment amount.

1,745K Investments

1,864K Rewards

It also means that the risk of a lot of those investments falling through isn't as high as we thought. Someone posted a link to a YouTube video of them signing up for a $12k investment they had no intention of following through on in that AMA. I don't think a lot of those investments are people trolling, but there are many fair reasons why someone might not be able to pay for an investment too, so some backup is good.

I felt personally affronted by that guy using the graph I made too, wrongly. (The points on it are usually for every 1% increase, ie. 33k, so he can't point at one dot and say "that was me!" when he didn't even account for half of it.)

If I'm correct, we've completed standing orders! With just hours left to go too! I'm ready for original Raz in 2

Whoaa... what just happened in the last hour? It went up like 100K!?

Notch confirmed.

(JK)

Whoaa... what just happened in the last hour? It went up like 100K!?

I only noticed after I checked the percentage. But holy, we went up a ton! Hopefully it's real.

Its EA and they will decide what happens in the game, expect a Ego-shooter. :D

wouldnt that be fun?

Forgot I had the campaign open in another tab; I just refreshed and saw it change from 110% to 114%. :)

I did increase my own pledge today (was being cautious when I first signed up) but not by that much. I wonder if many other people have done that in the last few hours? I've not really been paying much attention to the number of backers, only the total money raised.

So, question about Fig. Does it ask for my CC info after the funding period ends or before? I can't remember if it asked me for card info before it all started (never had a Fig account before this project) and I can't find a selection on Fig to change my card info.

So, question about Fig. Does it ask for my CC info after the funding period ends or before? I can't remember if it asked me for card info before it all started (never had a Fig account before this project) and I can't find a selection on Fig to change my card info.

I believe you were asked for credit card info when you pledged, but I don't see any place to update billing info either.

I believe you were asked for credit card info when you pledged, but I don't see any place to update billing info either.

Figures. I dislike when sites don't just have a general information page like that, but I'm guessing if the transaction fails, it'll just ask me for the new card. Hell of a time for my bank to send out the new ones, but what are you gonna do.

$3,8 mil, not bad. Wonder how much we are going to get those last minute PayPal donations added to the sum.

Final post is up. I embedded the funding chart as well.. Check post #1 of this thread to view final data.

Thanks greenfalcon! Appreciate the effort you put into this. Such a handy reference, and I've been using it all campaign.

Incredible final day. Thanks, greenfalcon, your charts were a great morale booster on the slower days :D

Thanks so much, it was very fun tracking the results and it is always a pleasure chatting with such a great community of people.

Another thanks to greenfalcon for the work! I've also checked the charts a lot and the recorded data has been super helpful and interesting!

:), I had a blast. I wish DF could fund all their games this way so I could create more elaborate spreadsheets. :)

:), I had a blast. I wish DF could fund all their games this way so I could create more elaborate spreadsheets. :)

After the success of the campaign, the only way I could see them NOT funding most future projects through Fig is if somehow Psychonauts 2 was a massive critical failure or something. And I really can't see THAT happening.

After the success of the campaign, the only way I could see them NOT funding most future projects through Fig is if somehow Psychonauts 2 was a massive critical failure or something. And I really can't see THAT happening.

i wonder about that, Psychonauts 2 is continuing a very succesful (inghindsight) IP with cult status. im not entirely sure if you can say that it will success so easily.

In general i think that fig is a natural and good evolution for crowdfunding though, lets hope it will steals KS spotlight there a little bit.

I wish everyone (including DF) success with their projects though, naturally.

Depends on what constitutes "most", I guess. For their own projects--games that DF wants to make--absolutely; but publishers can still come to them with projects and old-fashioned funding.