EMarley

Psychonauts 2 in the media

This is from waaaaay back (well, couple months) and I don't know if it was already posted, but Tim did this podcast with Kotaku. I only just sampled the beginning, but it seems pretty interesting!

https://simplecast.com/s/593bc6c6

Yep, that was this thing in case you want a link to the article about it:

Kotaku audio interview with Tim is mainly about the relationship between devs and journalists and DOTT, but also touches on Psychonauts 2.

Nothing escapes the all-seeing eye of Eagle Eye Emarley!

Psychonauts came out on the US PSN today for PS4. Includes trophies, 1080p and widescreen support. EU version to come in a couple of weeks.

Any changes made to it?

Psychonauts came out on the US PSN today for PS4. Includes trophies, 1080p and widescreen support. EU version to come in a couple of weeks.

Any changes made to it?

All those things I mentioned are new things for the PS2 port.

9/6/16 Interview with several game developers including Tim about the effect of hype on development:

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/6/9/11799986/yu-suzuki-tim-schafer-hype-in-game-development

10/6/16 And, of course, there's the official update on Fig written by Tim, including new promotional art for Psychonauts 2 and Rhombus of Ruin, the confirmation that RoR will be at E3, a look at the pre-production process and

about Zak McClendon's work on the game.

Rhombus of Ruin should be on at 3.45pm PST (11.45pm BST).

Rhombus of Ruin should be on at 3.45pm PST (11.45pm BST).

WOAH. I'M ON TIME FOR SOMETHING.

THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

Did this even happen?

Edit: Spoke too soon. Just happened. The art looks great!

It went by too quickly, though. The characters looked really good. Was getting a headache until I realized I forgot to hide the live chat garbage. Wow, I thought Youtube comments were horrible when they were static

I'm uploading a cap for anyone who missed it and wants to see. Will be ready in just a minute or two.

While I lament VR exclusivity, Rhombus of Ruin's animation looks lovely.

Jumping and clicking around looks like a fun way to interact with the environment as well. Reminds me of D4's point-and-click style exploration.

While I lament VR exclusivity, Rhombus of Ruin's animation looks lovely.

Jumping and clicking around looks like a fun way to interact with the environment as well. Reminds me of D4's point-and-click style exploration.

There doesn't seem to be anything technically locking it to VR--from the limited footage shown (And there really wasn't a lot), it could easily be played with a mouse. It's sad that Sony is locking this to their console. Maybe we'll see it on Steam in 10 years?

Edit: I just had a thought. Is this going to have an element of Night Trap in it? Is everyone going to have their own thoughts during any given period of the plane trip, and you have to jump between minds and interact with the environment (like with the security monitors) to get the full narrative?

Here is the Psychonauts: RoR footage if anyone missed it.

Thank you so much! It's hard to re-watch obsessively on the livestream where the timecode keeps changing xD

Seems cool. I will totally watch someone play that on youtube. I won't get PSVR for it, but maybe if enough other games are teased

They're repeating last evening's stream on twitch. Right now the Sony conference has just begun, which will be an hour and a half, and after that is the Double Fine presentation, so at around 3:30pm BST.

https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

I think the video will be archived afterwards, they archived yesterday morning's stream.

EDIT: Here it is. Double Fine segment begins at 10:43:39, you get to see a lot more of the demo than the previous video showed!

The one that showed during Tim's intro without the commentary, for a few bits that didn't come out in the complete one that PONTO posted:

Also, RoosterTeeth just interviewed Tim on their livestream, I think we can expect it to be archived, but you can re-wind:

EDIT: Link to right timecode in archived video:

The one that showed during Tim's intro without the commentary, for a few bits that didn't come out in the complete one that PONTO posted:

Man, that looks so good. That's how I imagined VR adventure games being when I first tried out the Oculus Rift.

The demo looks great. The banter's still a lot of fun and the concept of combining all of the psychic powers with the classic point-and-click style exploration and seeing how the characters react looks like it'll make for a lot of entertaining possibilities.

There doesn't seem to be anything technically locking it to VR--from the limited footage shown (And there really wasn't a lot), it could easily be played with a mouse. It's sad that Sony is locking this to their console. Maybe we'll see it on Steam in 10 years?

Yeah. Someday, maybe..? Looks like they had fun working with VR, but a Steam release, or even non-VR PS4 version, would be appreciated further down the line.

Edit: I just had a thought. Is this going to have an element of Night Trap in it? Is everyone going to have their own thoughts during any given period of the plane trip, and you have to jump between minds and interact with the environment (like with the security monitors) to get the full narrative?

Never played the game, but from what we've seen it looks like Rhombus of Ruin will have be plenty of optional interactions/dialogue to find alongside finding ways to continue the story.

Video interview with Tim in the Gamespot co-op stage. EDIT: Helpfully uploaded separately to their youtube channel:

Another Rhombus of Ruin interview coming up on the main Gamespot stage at 5:20pm PST:

EDIT: Rhombus of Ruin is discussed, immediately followed by interview with Tim:

BTW, PitRoR has been nominated as best of E3 by IGN:

You're welcome. I'm waiting until all this is over to update the masterpost with all the new links.

Tim interviewed about RoR in the playstation livecast: http://live.playstation.com/?v=yt-G5ePIVKyL3Q

Tim

, but if you want to see the Jenga game they played before the interview
xD