Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

Backer Social Media Goals - ALL STANDING ORDERS COMPLETE!

The one thing that I think could generate enough to get one more reward would be a big push from James Willem's subscribers, because by that point his would be the next reward, and hopefully he'll encourage them more to do all the necessary, easy and free things. If I'm right, with an extra push, we'd only need to get 2 of the 'very unlikely' goals in order to get another tier.

I know the idea was to help get the word out through Willem's social media following, but I would hope/expect that they're planning on giving him the audition regardless of how the campaign goes. Would seem a bit cruel not to follow through on the offer at this point.

The one thing that I think could generate enough to get one more reward would be a big push from James Willem's subscribers, because by that point his would be the next reward, and hopefully he'll encourage them more to do all the necessary, easy and free things. If I'm right, with an extra push, we'd only need to get 2 of the 'very unlikely' goals in order to get another tier.

I know the idea was to help get the word out through Willem's social media following, but I would hope/expect that they're planning on giving him the audition regardless of how the campaign goes. Would seem a bit cruel not to follow through on the offer at this point.

I suspect they might. But obviously they wouldn't be able to commit to that now without hurting the campaign. And I don't think we can count on it.

I've updated the first post by the way. We're getting quite close to hitting a few more goals. Twitter should hit today, and then I think the goals after that will get a lot harder.

Well, I decided to chip in for the #ILovePsychonauts goal.

That's pretty awesome!

Thanks!

Incidentally I have no idea where we are with the latest goal. 200 seems like a lot, but DoubleFine has also been retweeting a lot. (About 22 so far by my count). If that's the extent of it then obviously that's not very much, but it's supposed to be across all social media so I'm not sure how it's being counted. And actually browsing the hashtag there are quite a few unretweeted (and unretweetable) ones.

I was a little bit surprised at the 200 goal actually considering the trouble that they've had getting people to do the other ones but since ultimately they don't want the campaign to suffer they'll probably figure something out.

Not to mention there are some that don't even show up in the hashtag. The way to make sure Double Fine is aware of them it by adding @DoubleFine to the tweet.

I did a count a few days ago (Thursday, I think?) and spotted 100 tweets with the hashtag and unique content, so at the very least the goal is halfway met.

They've changed the 4th tier of the total raised goal to 3.3 million. Not the first time these have been altered as the campaign has gone on, but that means it's another one we are going to hit.

Looks like they also adjusted the goals to the Devs Play S2 goals. 150k is doable, I think but would take some effort over the next week and a couple of new successful videos.

New Projection for these goals:

Almost Certainly: 4 Goals

With a big effort: 4 Goals

Probably out of reach: 6 Goals

This puts the next 3 rewards within reach, but the hardest to achieve will be an extra 5k backers in the last week, the Facebook page likes and getting those Devs Play views up, I think.

Updated the standing orders to reflect the latest numbers we have and the new targets for some of them. YouTube subscribers is only about 1000 off, but moving pretty slowly right now.

Another update with all the standing order goals statuses, including how fast they are moving at the moment.

IMO The next points come from:

Ranking up from Dev's Play Views (already hit)

Hitting 20k backers (imminent)

Hitting 3.3 million (imminent).

Those should all hit today. Then we have several days to figure out how to get:

1k more YouTube Followers

48k more YouTube Views

4k twitter followers

4k facebook page likes

The easiest being first.

IF we can achieve all of these, then we will achieve the desktop wallpapers and set of stickers.

If we can also:

Get to 25k backers

AND one more other goal (which I think will be difficult no matter what)

Then we will also reach the #jamesinpsychonauts2 goal.

Isn't there a reward where we get 25% off things? I seem to remember one.
Yes, but I think it'd take a miracle to hit.

The images seem to have jumped the gun a bit on the 3.3 million!

(I imagine because Spaff is preparing a big 'we did it!' post) :)

We've made some final adjustments to the totals, let's see if we can get this completed!

I'm just sad that James Willems just posted the old images on his twitter. Noooo, post the new ones, dude!

I think they'll work!

The facebook one will be tough because that's been slooow, but looks like you've given us a free point for that.

YouTube subs have also been going slow, so not sure if we'll get more than one more point for that

Twitter Followers has also slowed down lately, but I think we oughta hit the next one at least.

So that's 1 already and 2 fursther points in the bag that I wasn't sure we were going to get.

Pluuuus:

I'm pretty sure we'll complete # of backers, and think we may also hit Devs Play views 100% too, once the final videos are out.

Sooo, I think it's likely with these adjustments we'll get 5 more points, and with a bit of luck we might manage to bag the other 5, too!

Willem's tweets have definitely helped to move these along. it's bed time but I expect I'll be making more adjustments early tomorrow.

man, it's so close to the next goal!

Thanks for keeping track of this stuff! :)

We have a good chance at getting OG Raz in Psychonauts 2 at the rate we are going now

Although I know what you mean, I also wanted to point out that Raz was *always* an original gangsta. :coolsmirk:

I'm hoping one more reward should hit in the next couple of days, the Devs Play one will probably get it. The remaining ones are moving pretty slow at the moment, and I don't think we'll get something similar to the Willems bump, this time. Still, great progress over the last couple of days!

Think Spaff might have jumped the gun a little on the Twitter Followers goal being complete. There's still about 200 to go, but some views on the number like to round it up.

However, the Devs Play views HAVE reached 150k now, so that one is complete! 3 down, and 3 to go. All the remaining ones are quite close, but also moving quite slowly right now. Hopefully they might tip during the Livestream

Ooh, the latest Fig update helped a lot! Facebook and Twitter are imminent, it's just youtube subscribers that are still need < 350. The update said that the Raz skin would be backer exclusive.

Sign in to follow this