Sign in to follow this  
Reckoner

Devs Play - Paid Downloads?

Any chance of offering a paid download of the Devs Play seasons? I'm thinking of something similar to Double Fine's other videos on VHX. It's nice that the episodes are available to view for free on YouTube, but I'd be willing to pay for a version that I can keep. If it helps fund more episodes, so much the better.

Thanks!

Any chance of offering a paid download of the Devs Play seasons? I'm thinking of something similar to Double Fine's other videos on VHX. It's nice that the episodes are available to view for free on YouTube, but I'd be willing to pay for a version that I can keep. If it helps fund more episodes, so much the better.

Thanks!

Not to take away from a potential source of extra revenue for Double Fine (though, I'd prefer to keep the videos as freebies because... I like free things) but you know you can download YouTube (and other online) videos with the likes of DownloadHelper?

I've personally got around 350GB of YouTube videos on my hard drive (including the Devs Play series). 'Tis a wonderful thing, DownloadHelper...

2lto8ci.jpg

Ahh but the thing is that's still YouTube Quality, what those tools do is simply request the highest bitrate and resolution for the videos and then encodes on the fly for a file dump, that's different than (from what i assume) VHX does which is a properly mastered file that has a streaming option but the ability to download said mastered uploaded original.

I know he didn't mention quality, but that's what most people usually want when they are willing to pay for something, better quality.

I'm looking for good image quality and convenience. I've used Youtube downloaders in the past for various things, but most of them seem a bit dodgy, and are constantly breaking as Youtube makes changes. Lately, it seems that audio and video are only offered as separate streams if you want decent quality, and then you have to go through the hassle of re-combining them. I'd much rather give a few bucks to the creators of the video, and help support them making future videos.