Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Trogdor The Burninator

Psychonauts RPG (No Screw-Ups 2!)

Okay. This is an RPG, unlike most Psychonaut RPGs, that is story driven. You cannot make multiple characters, BUT they have to be your own. To make a character you have to make a character sheet. You can't be all Mary-Sue and have the ultimate powers and XYZ. This is basically the same as the first, but with a new plot. You must use double-parenthesis when you speak out of character ((like this!)) If there are any other questions, ask now, before the thread gets underway. It's okay if you joined later, but I would really like for if you have joined, to join in the story knowing what exactly is going on. I don't know if it'll help, but maybe we can chop these stories up so people will be able to swallow the large chunks of text down easier.

EDIT: We are currently on Chapter 3 of our story. Chapter's end whenever the hell I feel like they do. I do this to signify a break from constant posts. And to break it down so the reader doesn't necessarily get a mental over-load.

Table of Contents

Pages 1-4 (Talking about how perpetually awesome the story is going to be/character sheets)

Pages 4-9 (Chapter 1: Lots of Questions and Very Little Answers)

Pages 9-11 (Chapter 2: Answers and a New Home)

Pages 11-20 (Chapter 3: Settling In ((Don't worry, despite being a big chunk, there aren't any walls of text you have to sift through)))

Some of us talked about this and we thought it would be pretty cool to make a comic for this once we're all wrapped up with the story and make it look like True-Psychic-Tales Magazine! Could be a great collaborative effort that involves the whole community. It involves the whole community because one member could pen an entire issue. Maybe if we do it, it could get published! How sweet would that be?

((CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. *pounds desk with fist* I was hoping to keep the other one going longer! *sigh* Oh, well...you know what to do. Just PM Blazerkin and tell him to plop Issac back in, okay? Let's see...three characters...

Name- Miriku Ookami Hoshi (Miri)-OC

Age- 14

Height-5’0

Weapon/s: Psy-jitsu (basically, ninjitsu mixed with psychic powers), Elemental psychokatana (sun hot on one side, absolute zero on the other), basic shuriken and kunai, wolf abilities.

Apperance- Ding.

---------------------

Name: Claire A. Voyance

Height-4'11

Special skills: She is hyperintelegent, and, as her name suggests, she is extremely practiced with claravoyance. She has a mini-lab set up behind a secret compartment in Sasha Nein’s lab, where she has all sorts of scientific stuff.

----------------------

Name: Zane Luckro

Family: Mom, cosmologist Dad, annoying teenage sister, two dogs (Sahib the border collie and Sir Poopsalot the golden lab), and three ferrets (K.K. Slider, Bobette, and Cat).

Abilites: Levitation, telekinesis, confusion grenade. Telepathy is a big one. He uses it because he can’t talk.

Appearance: Your average black-haired 7-year-old boy. He tends to wear lots of t-shirts with pictures of ailens, Godzilla, or 2HB on them.

Other crap: He spends his spare time at night looking for ailens with the telescope that his dad gave him. He also seems to mention some ‘Tim Schafer’ guy a lot.

Hookay...so...am I starting again?))

(( OC = original character. In other words, your own creation instead of the characters from the game, right? :D ))

((as much as I Love creating characters, I'm not really one for the whole Creating characters for a sieries you didn't create deal. at least not anymore. Why am I posting then? Meh, I dunno.))

(( I might join sometime. I've been wanting to use my character for a while, lol ))

((I guess I'll join again? hopefully I wont ruin this one like I did the other one... ._. ))

Name: Carrie Ardient

Appearance: Constantly wears a black fedora and duster. Also wears matching black pants and heavy combat boots. Has shoulder-length auburn hair and hazel eyes. Is tall-ish.

Powers: Lots and lots of pryokinesis. and nothing else.

Also has extensive knowledge of things that burn easily.

Personality: Carrie is quick and impulsive, which often results in unfavorable situations when she fails to ask questions like "what will happen if I set this on fire?" before acting on an impulse. She can usually remember when something ended badly (like setting a person on fire- "but that time was an accident!"), but occasionally forgets and/or wants to see if it will happen again.

She also likes burning things. A lot.

All-in-all, though, she's a pretty easygoing girl, although her attempts to help a bad situation can often make it worse as she doesn't seem to realize that fire is not the solution to everything.

((By the way, Miriku, you forgot to actually make the word "ding" a link. ))

((It's not a series. This has no continuity from the first. Yes Koco, indeed.))

((well, you know what I mean. meh, maybe I'll get involved in this one. maybe.))

well, you know what I mean. meh, maybe I'll get involved in this one. maybe.

((Well, I'm glad I only got a "Maybe!"))

well, you know what I mean. meh, maybe I'll get involved in this one. maybe.

((Also, anything that's not RP contributations is in double parenthases.))

((Hey, another one? All right then.))

Name: Issac Lyons (Returning due to Miriku's request!)

Age: 12 (I decided to age him up a bit. Got a problem punk?)

Appearance: Behold! (That's right. Miriku's drawing of him was so awesome I'm using it as his offical appearance!)

Powers: Uses "Roaring Lyons" style martial arts. He wraps his body in a psychic aura that can change shape. (E.g. a sword or a fist).

Habits and Personality: A nice guy when you get to know him. Loves to read manga. He also exclaims the names of his attacks, but can’t come up with any good names, so the names are just descriptions of the attacks.

Background: Issac is from the Lyons clan, a group of psychics that created a bare-handed fighting style called "Roaring Lyons" style. However, for reasons he doesn't wish to go into, he left without completing his training.

((Hey, another one? All right then.))

Name: Issac Lyons (Returning due to Miriku's request!)

Age: 12 (I decided to age him up a bit. Got a problem punk?)

Appearance: Behold! (That's right. Miriku's drawing of him was so awesome I'm using it as his offical appearance!)

Powers: Uses "Roaring Lyons" style martial arts. He wraps his body in a psychic aura that can change shape. (E.g. a sword or a fist).

Habits and Personality: A nice guy when you get to know him. Loves to read manga. He also exclaims the names of his attacks, but can’t come up with any good names, so the names are just descriptions of the attacks.

Background: Issac is from the Lyons clan, a group of psychics that created a bare-handed fighting style called "Roaring Lyons" style. However, for reasons he doesn't wish to go into, he left without completing his training.

((WOOHOO BLAZE! *internet highfive* I can always count on you to make this RP a little more interesting!))

((Do the characters have to be psychic? I've got this character I want to use, but he's not psychic.))

((HECK NO! Zee was a non-psychic the first go around. So, it's totally awesome. It just takes place in the world of Psychonauts, you don't necessarily have to be a psychic to exist in that world, do ya'? Nope. So why be a limiting anus and say no? And Blaze! You didn't wanna' join on your own accord?!?!?! I'm hurt.))

Name: “Uncle” Pete

Appearance: Long, dirty, brown hair with scraggly beard. Wears a tattered old business suit with a tie.

Powers: A non-psychic who appears to have a tremendous amount of luck.

Profile: Not much is known about him. He appears to travel the world while getting into strange situations. He is most likely not an uncle, but only responds when someone addresses him as Uncle Pete. Even though he appears to be very dirty, he actually smells quite pleasant.

Can ya'll see this well enough? My scanner seriously lightened it.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/Psychonauts/002.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/Psychonauts/001.jpg

^ This is my character, Koco ^

Name: Koco S. Guidry

Height: 5.2

Appearance: She loves blue & so she dresses in blue. Her sleeves, pants, and ponytail band are all different shades of blue while her shirt is a deep black.

Most Prominent Ability: Telekinesis. Koco is especially adept in telekinesis and at age 10,

was found to be able to move items weighing up near over 200 pounds. Her skills are only increasing as she ages.

Favorite Drink Koco is a tea fanatic. Around camp, she's not likely to be seen without a floating mug of tea beside her.

Favorite Food: Anything foreign, gourmet, or exotic. She's not very fond of the average hamburgers/hot dogs/chips lunches normally served.

Background: Koco was born to non-Psychic parents. Her abilities started showing themselves around age five, and it completely freaked them out.

They thought their daughter was possessed or insane, as she started complaining often about 'seeing' nightmares and would randomly blurt out exactly what her

Mom or Dad was thinking at random times. It unsettled them to the point where they actually gave their daughter up for adoption. (yes, it freaked them out that bad)

So, the young and helpless girl lived in an orphanage for two years, still with not a clue of what she was capable of, until a visitor arrived that would change her life forever. It was a middle-aged widow who came to inquire about adopting a child to help with the loneliness she was experiencing after losing her husband. She browsed through the many children the orphanage contained until she heard the voice of an eight year old girl, singing loudly in the corner of the room. Only she wasn't literally singing, she was singing telepathically. The widow sent a telepathic message to Koco complimenting her on her 'lovely' singing voice. This shocked Koco alert and she quickly answered back to the widow, who introduced herself as Mrs. Guidry, and asked Koco if she would like to be her daughter, and that if she consented to being adopted, she would promise that Koco would be sent of to a place "Where there are many more children like yourself." Well, the papers were signed, and Koco went home with Mrs. Martha Guidry where she lived a happy and comfortable life before visiting Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp for the first time at age 10. This is her third summer attending.

A Strange Past Happening:

One night during the two years she spent in the orphanage, a strange visitor arrived. With wild hair and dressed head to toe in psychedelic colors, he introduced himself as Zed, a 12 year-old boy who had been watching Koco through the window of his house next door, thought she seemed lonely and as he put it: "I thought perhaps you might want a friend?" While Koco was overjoyed by Zed's offer of friendship, she was unaware of his true intentions. In reality, Zed was the spirit of a psychic 14-year old boy from the 70's who's parents were radical hippies. He died tragically (he won't speak of how it happened) before he was ready to leave this world.

Zed apparently picked up the telepathic waves Koco would unconsciously send out in her sleep. His true intentions were much darker than an offer of friendship, he wanted to take over her mind completely, to live again. This goal soon proved itself to be impossible for him to accomplish as Koco quickly caught on that something wasn't right with him, that he wasn't telling the whole truth, and so the barriers of her mind began to harden against him. One night, driven mad with desperation, Zed attempted one last time to enter Koco's mind, and succeeded. Although not as he would've planned it. Turns out he only ended up a psychic stowaway in her head and lacked the complete control he desired. He's been there ever since, and has gained some influence over her mind. Koco's about 80% in control of herself, the other 20% is Zed. She doesn't even know it. Also, Zed is insanely good at the art of confusion, and with his influence this skill passed to Koco as well.

This is Zed: (also, his skin is a teal-ish color while Koco's is normal)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/Psychonauts/002-1.jpg

((Do the characters have to be psychic? I've got this character I want to use, but he's not psychic.))

((HECK NO! Zee was a non-psychic the first go around. So, it's totally awesome. It just takes place in the world of Psychonauts, you don't necessarily have to be a psychic to exist in that world, do ya'? Nope. So why be a limiting anus and say no? And Blaze! You didn't wanna' join on your own accord?!?!?! I'm hurt.))

((Whoa, hey! What are you... I mean... what the hell man? Of course I want to join! Sorry, I realise I didn't sound very enthusiastic, just had some homework hovering over my head. But I finished it now, so I'm super enthusiastic now.))

((WHOO! ENTHUSIASM! See?))

((Careful Blaze. Miriku might bite your head off for not using double parantheses.))
((Ha HA! I just edited it, so there's no evidence.

Except this post. OH SHI-

((glad you didnt start without me!. heres my sheet))

zee machiavelli:

Height: 6’3

Weight: 220 lbs.

Weapon/s: a small, discreet blade. tranquilizer gun, silenced pistol. (all specially designed to have an edge in combat against psychics.)

casual Attire: a collared polo shirt (black, gray or red usually) and jeans with a brown belt, black shoes with white socks.

mission attire: a black ski mask, black spandex shirt, black pants, and black shoes with grips with black socks.

main ability: basically a stealth genius. the ability to control breath to make as least sound as possible and the ability to hide in certain places that normal people wouldnt. also, the ablility to kill without alert.

other info: not much is known about zee by the general public, but it is widely known that he is not psychic. he still works exclusively with the psychonauts though. zee specializes in the non-government approved assassinations of psycho terrorists.

background info: zee's father was a psychonauts, which is why he is approved to work in the field. his mother was killed by psychics at a very young age. he was originally signed with the CIA but the psychonauts made him a deal he could refuse...

((PM me if theres something wrong with my sheet.))

((Okay, Here Goes nothin'.))

Name: bob Anthill

Prefered leg: Right

appearence: Purple skin, green shirt, Criminal Hiest Beanie Hat, no pupils (Long story, involves exorcism.)

Favorite Past times: spacing out, thinking about what his brain might smell like, having conversations with the entity that haunts his hat.

most prominant psychic ability: levitation. has very small control over it when engaging in favorite past time #1.

Backstory: When he was young, his pet hampster, Wrinkles, died. Wrinkels' then possesed Bob, causing him to act like a hampster. his brother managed to get wrinkles out of him, but, later, wrinkels came back and possesed the hat bob wears everyday. he has been there ever since.

(( Rofl, hamster possession? Interesting character :D ))

Sign in to follow this