Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Trogdor The Burninator

Psychonauts RPG (No Screw-Ups 2!)

< Still here! Just don't know where to kick off either. 8D; I was planning on making the twins stick together, but eh. >

"TO THE 'PSYCHO!'" Trog yelled urgently.

"What in the world is the 'Psycho'?!!" The twins asked synonymously.

"It's basically our 'Batmobile'. Think of those vans in heist movies, how it has those sweet swivel chairs and stuff. With the hi-def computer monitors and all that. Yeah, that's what we have, except it looks like a brain."

((Oh sweet, Carly popped in out of nowhere. Thanks for letting him join in, Trog. <3))

"Swivel chairs? In a van?"

"Hi def Computers?"

The boys looked at each other and grinned.

"Sounds like our sort of thing." Carly said.

((...well, I got nothing. Also, Zee has a clone.))

((???)))

((In the 'active users' thing, next to your name, there was a guy named Zee. Maybe a fan?))

Half an hour later, the guards still weren't back, and nothing was different exept that Miri and Issac had switched positions, and Issac was trying to figure a way out of their current mess. Also, Miriku was asleep.

"I've got it!" Issac shouted, startling Claire and Zane and waking Miri.

"Jeez..." Miri shook her head. "What's your brilliant idea?"

"Well..." Issac explained excitedly, "obviously, we can't break out with our psychic abilities. These guys obviously know what they're messing with. Short-range telepathy seems to be unnafected, though. Anyway, they only blocked off our mental abilities. They appearantly only believe that we depend entirely on our psychic prowess to defend ourselves. Of course, they're mostly right, but who said that a bit of brutal force wouldn't come in handy for us?"

"I like where this is going." Miriku sat up.

"So, why don't we just punch a hole in the van to escape? We can make it big enough to push Zane outside, and he can use Miri's sword to make the hole bigger. Then we can just put some sacks of something in there to make it look, and sound, like us, and we can easily patch up the whole with a bit of aura and pyrokinesis."

"Issac!" Miriku jumped up, her face lit. "You're a freaking genius!" She breifly strangled the boy with a bear hug, and then immediately began punching the van wall. "What are we waiting for?"

*5 minutes later*

The men who had kidnapped the young psychics were sitting inside a stereotypical diner halfway between towns connected by a desert road. The captain was the only true psychic-hater, the rest were just regular guys who were in it for the paycheck. As they were eating, the bell that rang when the door opened... well, rang and they all looked up and they couldn't believe what they saw. Some chocked on the food they were eating, some droped their coffee in shock.

The girl in the weird clothes and the mute kid were walking in like they had every right to be there.

Ignoring the men completely, they walked up to the bar and the girl said, "Um... me and my friends are on a trip and we're really hungry. So just get us as much food as possible. We can pay of course." The cooks all began cooking up a storm, excited by the enormous amount of money coming their way. The captain looked out the window and saw the older boy leading against the van he drove. Then the girl with the Southern accent appeared next to him holding the weird sword thing they had confiscated from the other girl.

They had left all their guns in the vans so they all charged out to get them. Some of them approached the older boy and southern girl but a hard glare from the boy scared them off. When they got to the vans, they realised what the girl had been doing. All except the captain's van had theit tires slashed and melted, same with their guns. The van they were being transported in had a large smoking hole in the side. Seemed that they had kicked a hole in the van so the younger boy could get out, get the sword thing and cut a hole in the van with it.

Then the door to the diner opened and the other two came out. Both were ladened down with bags full of food and drink. Then the girl took a wallet that the captain recognised as his from her pocket and waved it at him. "Thanks for shouting our meal!" The captain checked his pockets and realised that she had picked his pockets. With a feeling of dread, he also realised his keys were gone. With a jaunty wave, they all got into the van, started it, and with a few lurches managed to get on the road and drove away.

"You gotta admit sir, they have style." one of the men said.

"Indeed." said the captain through clenched teeth.

((I decided to do it from their P.O.V. How was it?))

((im confused hehehe. im kinda thinking we should restart, and start with everyone together.))

((NO WAI. We already did that. Twice. Quitter. Also, awesome job, Blaze! As usual.))

((FFFF ANOTHER DOUBLE POST.))

They were all squished in the front seats of the van. Issac drove, Miriku sat beside him, feet on the dashboard, and Claire had Zane sitting on her lap.

"Hmmm..." Miriku commented as she ate her cheeseburger, "Not as good as raccoon meat."

"I'm just gonna pretend you didn't say that." Issac said, not removing his eyes from the road.

"Get used to it, boy." She commented, taking a sip of her drink, "If you're gonna travel with someone that has wolfy instincts, you should expect me to eat roadkill sometimes."

((BWAHAHAHA THREAD REVIVAL.))

"Crap!" Miriku shouted as Issac was driving down an empty highway later that night.

"Jeez, Miri! Why are you screaming?" Issac annoyedly asked his friend.

"What if we get pulled over?"

"What if?"

"We don't have licence or registration, or anything. Besides, you're twelve."

"And? Your point being?"

"I'm saying," Miriku calmly stated, "I should drive."

"No way." Issac groaned. "Two reasons. One, you remember what happened last time you drove." It was true. When Miriku had drove last time, she ended up making a hole in the wall of Double Fine HQ. Tim Schafer REALLY didn't appreciate that. "Second, you couldn't pass off for sixteen, much less fourteen, your actual age."

"Can I help it if I'm only five feet tall?" She yelled.

"Well, actually..."

Uh...hey...Issac? Zane's telepathic voice sounded worried and urgent.

"Something wrong, Zane?" Issac asked, not removing his eyes from the road.

Ah...well... Zane hesitated. Where are we going? After this one innocent question, there was a long moment of awkward silence.

"I..." Issac sighed, "...I don't know..."

Sign in to follow this