Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Trogdor The Burninator

Psychonauts RPG (No Screw-Ups 2!)

"MOTHER!" Koco shouted. She was clearly shaken by the whole ordeal. "I-is .. she ok?!" she said, panicking.

"She's fine. Breathe slowly and easily now, girl." came that voice in her head.

"W-who are they?" she said slowly, settling herself down.

((Am I too late to enter my OC profile?))

(( Never too late. Anyone can join anytime as long as you know what's going on. Go ahead! ))

((Oh, screw it. Copy-pasting profile from that other one, modifying, 'cause I'm stumped right now.

Name: Alice (ORIGINAL hurp derp)

Nickname/s: Al, but she would prefer it if you didn’t use it. Family thing. Also Jellybean. Another family thing.

Attire: Wears a blue hoodie with a fire pattern on it and jeans, typical t-shirt u. Also socks and shoes.

Personality: Easy-going, but lazy. She’s very against anything bad happening to others (Especially in video games where there’s towns full of people.), but also has a sadistic streak when she isn’t really thinking about it. Is very shy, but if you become her friend she is loyal to no ends. She is also very good at adapting, but she is startled easily. Also, is pretty forgetful. Hates cold weather, to the point of insisting on wearing her hoodie in hundred degree weather. Is a bit of a coward, but also enjoys thrills.

Weapons: Sketchbook. Good for whacking people with, and drawing on. Also fists.

Specializes in Clairvoyance and levitation. Relatively bad at powers used for offensive means, and cannot do a psi-shield for the life of her. Enjoys setting fires, but is very bad at it when doing it with her mind.

Background: Psychic who, before finding out that she could actually use her powers for stuff, wanted to be an artist or entomologist. Had a brief shoplifting stint. Comes from a divorced family. Never went to Whispering Rock, instead only recently finding out about others like her (Which was a bit of an ego-crusher). Now lives in small town.

...Does that sound like a Mary Sue? Be honest. :| ))

((Okay I have a couple things to say. First: Uncle Pete is completely unaware of his luck, so he wouldn't be talking about how lucky he was. Second: as already stated he is NOT psychic. Third: what the hell's a Mary Sue?))

((My bad, didn't know. I know he's not a psychic. I was gonna' make it so you were definitely not a psychic, just around. A Mary-Sue character is one who is almight and powerful and is the solution to everything.))

(( We'll just drive through and pick up Alice & whoever Nirsicle is, right? :lol: ))

Alice stood on the side of the road, one hand in her jacket pocket, the other sticking out a thumb, as she was attempting to hitchhike. She had a blank stare on her face, honestly not expecting anyone to pick her up. At her feet sat a small bag. The hot sun beat down on her, but she kept standing there with her thumb sticking out on the road. A van approached her, and she began jerking her thumb back and forth, signaling a need to be picked up.

((Name: Montgomery Takahashi

Nickname: Ringo

Appearance: Natural black hair that has been badly bleached. He wears a red sweatband around his head, a plain t-shirt (any color), work out shorts (black or grey), a black striped long-sleeved undershirt with matching knee-length socks, red armbands, and sneakers. He also has blue skin.

Main ability: Pyrokinesis

Personality: He’s a jock with a laid back attitude, has plenty of energy, and has a horrible sense of humor. He can be a pretty cool guy when he’s in a good mood.

Flaws: Self-centered, stubborn as a mule, and it’s either his way or the high way. He becomes a pain in the butt if he doesn’t get his way on things.

and

Name: Carmine Takahashi

Nickname: Carly

Appearance: Natural black hair. He wears a blue vest with a red short-sleeved shirt underneath, an orange scarf around his hips and a blue scarf around his neck, tacky blue jeans with white stars all over them, and black shoes. He also has blue skin.

Main ability: Cryokinesis

Personality: Calm and collect. Shows more intellect than his brother, and shows interests in the arts. (Art, literature, music, etc.) His sensitivity has led him to be kind and charming.

Flaws: Narcissistic with a case of loose lips. While it isn't intentional, he'll accidently blab things about people/situations that might be required as private.

History: Ringo and Carly are twin brothers, born and raised in America by their Japanese parents. Their mother comes from a family of psychics, shamans, and fortune tellers, and so they inherited their powers from her. They grew up in a normal neighborhood, in a normal town, went to a normal school, and led a completely normal life, only practicing their psychic powers within the safety of their home and vacant, remote areas. While the boys’ personalities seem totally opposite, they work together well.

I'm still having a hard time drawing Ringo's character, but here is Carly in my poor attempt at the Psychonauts style.))

It didn't look like it was going to slow down. Oh, well this wouldn't be the first time. She began to assume the position. Time slowed to a stand-still, and she jumped on the back of the van.

"Well, I'm certainly getting better, before my knuckles would be whiter than a white house! I still need to work on my anaolgy's though." As Alice was thinking of things that were extremely white, a bullet whizzed by her head. Quickly, she turned her head around.

"Well, what do we have have here?" Alice said, trying to sound calm and cool while she did it, but failing miserably. "I guess this is the perfect time to work on the Psi-shield!"

MEANWHILE IN THE FRONT OF THE VAN!

(( Well, I don't suppose I understand the kind of RP that we're doing xD ))

“Umm... there's a girl on the back of the van.” Uncle Pete said, “ I didn't know this was that kind of party.”

Zee looked back. “Damn it!” he shouted, “I wanted to lose them before we picked her up! Hold on!”

(( Eh. Sorry. I mind, personally. Just with my character, though. I'm not speaking for anyone else. I mean .. I dunno. D: ))

((I guess you didn't know that you can control characters. If it really pisses people off, it won't happen. Sorry!))

((No, no! Go right on ahead! ))

Alice concentrates, and a small psi-shield appears. By small, I mean it's covering her left eye. A bullet whizzes past her ear, and she nearly wets herself, before deciding to start knocking on the back window.

"HELLO?! I SEEM TO BE GETTING SHOT AT. I WOULD HONESTLY PREFER TO NOT BE SHOT AT, SO IF YOU COULD OPEN THIS UP SO I COULD CLIMB IN OR SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE VERY, VERY NICE."

Zee unrolled the window and said "Just hang on! Keep doing that, attempt at a shield 'kay?!!!" Then he looked back in the rear-view mirror, "Dammit! There are 6 more cars behind us!" I guess I'll have to whip out the moves...unless you want to use that move again Uncle Pete...since you are super lucky and all.

"What in the hell are you talking about?"

"Ugh...nevermind. Everybody, just buckle up! It's about to get reaaaaaaaaaallllly bumpy."

((Okay Koco! I'll promise to never ever abuse your character. iIll stop posting for a bit, sorry, I'm just excited. This is pretty cool so far, a bit rough, but pretty cool none-the-less.))

Koco covered her ears at the loud noises all around here. "I ... can't ... take this." She said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO WHISPERING ROCK!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Yeah, Whispering Rock .. relaxing place, that is. Now remember what we learned. Breathe nice and slow, think nice thoughts, you'll get through this mess just fine.

Koco suddenly calmed herself down and reclined back in the seat as if the panic attack had never occurred. "So .. where are we going, exactly?"

(( No problem, Trog! I didn't have a problem with you getting Koco in the car for example, but it gets a bit weird when someone else makes her talk, lol ))

"CAN'T YOU JUST OPEN THIS WINDOW?" Alice yelled, as she began contentraiting again, this time the psi-shield covering her arm where, coincidentally, the bullet was aimed. Alice paled, and her knocking on the window began to speed up. "THERE ARE ACTUALLY SHOOTING AT ME. THEY ARE REALLY, REALLY SHOOTING AT ME. HELP." The car then turned sharply, going into the woods, and Alice found herself screaming and gripping the back of the van.

Koco shook her head, a look of dizziness almost on her face. She turned over to Alice. "Who's shooting at you?" She said, a little bit too content for the situation.

She telekinetically lifted the window for Alice.

Uncle Pete started searching through his pockets for snacks. He found an old sandwich that had been there an indeterminent amount of time and proceeded to chow down.

Alice scrambled inside the window, panting and white as a sheet and shaking, before she pounced on Koco, hugging her.

"I love you. When we are old enough, I will buy you a drink. I swear."

"Kicking it won't help!" Carly yelled at his brother as he lifted up the hood of their car, where he was then greeted by a giant cloud of grimy smoke. He coughed and waved it away, then took a look inside and frowned. "It's dead. We need help."

"You ran the car into a tree! A TREE!! I told you coming out here was a bad idea!" Ringo growled, crossing his arms. "I don't have my phone. We're gonna have to hitch a ride or something. In the movies, something always bad happens to the hitchhikers with the broken car..."

Carly rolled his eyes before looking over back onto the road in the woods. "I see someone coming. Go see if you can flag them down."

"Yo!" Ringo called out, waving his arms. "Little help over here?"

Sign in to follow this