Sign in to follow this  
epic

RIP Lemmy!

Just saw this and came to post it, but I see you beat me to it.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Sad to hear the news but it did remind me of Brutal Legend and then made me wonder about a Sequel, with a lot of the stars of the first game now sadly approaching that age where things arn't certain, I mean even Tim Curry isn't in great shape at the moment :(, IF DoubleFine ever did get around to a new Brutal Legend, would Tim & Co have already thought about this and perhaps structured the stry to take place in a different era?

A crying shame, he was an awesome musician and he will be missed. I am glad that he made it as long as he did though - 70 years is not a bad age for someone who lived such a harsh lifestyle, and he did his thing right up until the end... The man was stubborn as a rock!

RIP, man. I hope your Heaven is full of beer and awesome hotrods.

Sad to hear the news but it did remind me of Brutal Legend and then made me wonder about a Sequel, with a lot of the stars of the first game now sadly approaching that age where things arn't certain, I mean even Tim Curry isn't in great shape at the moment :(, IF DoubleFine ever did get around to a new Brutal Legend, would Tim & Co have already thought about this and perhaps structured the stry to take place in a different era?

Some people could have sound-alikes for their character. Doviculous is (spoiler), and I loved the killmaster character. Instead of bringing him back, I'd like to see an in game grave for him, like Lar's grave. Big and bad ass!

It really sucked to hear that. Brutal Legend introduced me to Motorhead. When I was noticing music (as a 'yungin'), hair metal was big, so I missed him at the time.

BL reintroduced me to a genre that I was really only following Metallica for at the time I put in this B#$%*in game. The Motorhead tunes really caught my ear when playing, I've picked up several of his albums and I think I'll get them all.

As a metal fan (again), I really appreciated and am thankful what Tim and co. did with Brutal Legend and its soundtrack, it really opened my 'ears' to bands that I want to hear more from, and have been buying stuff for groups I wouldn't have known about if it wasn't for this game.

I've been watching several interviews on youtube and while it really was amazing that he made it to 70 (a lot of booze, smoking, etc over 40+ yrs), I respect his honesty and he was a nice guy, not a dick like a lot of other musicians have turned into after getting some success.

FYI, his memorial will be shown on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAXVdIj6jY at 3:30pm (mtn) on Jan 9 (Saturday)...

There were so many people on Sunset Saturday night - I've never seen that many metalheads down there. I grew up just after the last big era for the Sunset Strip so I always had to imagine what that felt like.

I didn't attend the memorial service itself, but I made it to the Whisky for a Metal Allegiance show (David Ellefson, Mike Portnoy, Mark Menghi, Mark Osegueda, Alex Skolnick and Phil Demmel). They started playing a mix of covers (Electric Eye, Creeping Death, Heaven & Hell, Into the Void) and originals. Then the guests started showing up: Troy Sanders, Andreas Kisser (War for Territory!!!), John and Mike Tempesta, Dave Lombardo, Dino Cazares, Corey Taylor and Mikkey Dee of Motorhead!

They closed with a set of Motorhead: Killed by Death, The Chase Is Better than the Catch, Overkill, Iron Fist, We Are the Road Crew, and of course Ace of Spades before bringing everybody back on stage to do Seek & Destroy. Fantastic night, check out youtube for streams of the show.

There was even the obligatory Ron Jeremy sighting at the Rainbow to cap off the evening. There's only a handful of legends who could pack the streets like that, but hopefully there won't be a reprise any time soon.