Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Myserval

'Just the documentary' pledge level?

I am 100% in this project for the documentary. I watched the one for Broken Age and I really want to watch this one as well, but $70 is a lot for me to pay all at once. I do plan on buying psychonauts 2 at the end of the project, but I would love to still be able to follow the project in all the behind the scenes content.

I should say that I only remembered about and watched the documentary when it was released on youtube. I absolutely love 2pp's work with game documentaries. I actually ended up buying Broken Age because of the documentary series.

Anyways, I would love to see a perk level that's like, $25 or $30 or whatever that's just simply the ability to follow psychonauts 2 behind the scenes content, basically access the equivalent of this page from Broken Age: http://www.doublefine.com/dfa

Edit: Oh, and access to the DFA page for people who missed all of the slacker backer opportunities?

Releated question for those of us who can't afford to back the game at any tier because they have literally no money:

At some point in the future post launch can I get access to the documentary? Maybe make it part of a bundle on Steam or GOG?

I really liked the Broken Age one and would love to see this one. Thanks.

Based on these two paragraphs, I think the entire documentary will be released publicly for free in 720p. $69+ backers get to download them in 1080p

As part of the development of Psychonauts 2, 2 Player Productions have already started the documentation process and will be releasing the videos to the world - backers and non-backers alike. While the format may not mirror the style of Double Fine Adventure, rest assured that in 2 Player's capable hands, it will be equally rad!

Whatever form it ends up taking, you'll be able to watch it for free on Youtube in 720p. Backers who donate $69 and above will also get access to the videos as 1080p downloads, along with special features like commentary tracks, deleted scenes, bloopers, and more!

In terms of the DFA page, all of the forums and posts created for the backer-only section have been archived as read-only and available to all! Scroll down to the very bottom and find the DFA ones: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/

Based on these two paragraphs, I think the entire documentary will be released publicly for free in 720p. $69+ backers get to download them in 1080p

So then would there be a way that I could get access to the bonus features any way other than the $70 pledge level?

Most of their previous content (DFA doco, Massive Chalice stuff) has been made available elsewhere (Steam, VHX) but I'm not sure about this one. I have reached out to them via Twitter and sent a link to this thread. Hopefully we'll have an answer!

Sign in to follow this