Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kenshironeo

Some games i would like to see one day

Ok, so i dont know if Double fine would/could do those games, but there are games that i hope to see one day on pc, and i would like to talk a bit about them.

1A good hack and slash: the request may look weird, since Double fine in its descriptions states they focus on history. I had a lot of love for Diablo, but unlike many players, i enjoyed mainloy the atmosphere, more than the gameplay itself, and the dark/gothic background.

When Diablo 3 came, i played it a lot, but i was quite disappointed because the universe was completely different to me. I enjoyed the game more when demons were real demons from Chrsitian lore, that you explored dark crypts filled with skeletons in a labyrinth,etc.

Most of hack and slash nowadays use opened environments, rather than closed environments. I have been playing many different hack and slash but i cant find one reproducing a Diablo feeling.

I would like to see one day, a hack and slash that would be really dark and gothic,with developed and serious lore.

2A beat them up that would be as good as streetsof rage. 2d beat them up arent that many(shanks is good though), and not many of them give me as much fun as the Streets of rage. I would enjoy a beat the up where you beat punks or one where you kill monsters in a sword and sorcery universe.

While there are lots of 3d beat them up and lots of hack and slash i sometimes have the feeling to be the only one looking for games matching my expectations(its a game where you fight but atmosphere must be deep and cool).

Ok, so i dont know if Double fine would/could do those games, but there are games that i hope to see one day on pc, and i would like to talk a bit about them.

1A good hack and slash: the request may look weird, since Double fine in its descriptions states they focus on history. I had a lot of love for Diablo, but unlike many players, i enjoyed mainloy the atmosphere, more than the gameplay itself, and the dark/gothic background.

When Diablo 3 came, i played it a lot, but i was quite disappointed because the universe was completely different to me. I enjoyed the game more when demons were real demons from Chrsitian lore, that you explored dark crypts filled with skeletons in a labyrinth,etc.

Most of hack and slash nowadays use opened environments, rather than closed environments. I have been playing many different hack and slash but i cant find one reproducing a Diablo feeling.

Have you tried Torchlight? Maybe not your cup of tea since you prefer the setting of Diablo over its gameplay.

Torchlight 2 is probably still my favorite hack and slash game after years, but if you're looking for something more gothic... tried Path of Exile, and Grim Dawn? Both of those are really good as well. Path of Exile looks a lot like D2 on the surface but actually has a ton of really unique mechanics and gameplay features like a FF7-materia like skill/spell customization system. Oh, and it's absolutely free to play! Grim Dawn on the other hand is a more graphically intense game with that sort of gothic victorian era setting that Bloodborne or Diablo 3 have, and it's made by the same people who did Titan Quest if you've ever played that.

As for BeatEmUps... ever played either of the two Dungeons & Dragons themed arcade beatemups? Tower of.. something, and Shadows over Mystara. You can either look for a rom or pick up the awesome port on Steam which contains both along with stable online multiplayer and custom options and other goodies!

You might also look for a rom of "Battle Circuit". It's an INCREDIBLY obscure beat-em-up by Capcom and probably the best (and weirdest) I've ever played! I don't think it's ever been available legitimately outside of Japan, so I never felt too bad about emulation..

IMHO, both Battle Circuit and the two D&D beat-em-ups are much better than even Streets of Rage, and that's saying something since Streets of Rage was so awesome.

Sign in to follow this