Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel

Tim's AMA starting NOW...!

a tidal wave of ignorance.

I'm afraid to look

*peeks between fingers*

it will actually be really useful to have some questions specifically about things that people have got wrong btw.

As well as you know, some nice normal questions about the game if you have some :)

a tidal wave of ignorance.

I'm afraid to look

*peeks between fingers*

Bracing myself.

it will actually be really useful to have some questions specifically about things that people have got wrong btw.

As well as you know, some nice normal questions about the game if you have some :)

Oh, for sure!

I'm honestly surprised at how pleasant and enthusiastic most of the questions are so far.

I am also pleasantly surprised so far.

And thanks for letting us know!

I'm going out in a bit so I'll miss most of this, but will send some love. And if I get home in time, maybe get involved in some mythbusting if any weirdness happens and you need backup. :D

I'm honestly surprised at how pleasant and enthusiastic most of the questions are so far.

Me too. I see a few grumps in there, but mostly it's great.

*snerk* Okay this one comment made me laugh:

"How dare you delay Broken Age! Could you imagine if top-tier developers like Valve delayed their games?!?"

It's already got a negative score. I think someone didn't get the joke.

edit: The joke being Valve is NOTORIOUS for delaying their games and updates. Several times even. The extra layer of irony is that people laugh it up and have lovingly come up with the term 'Valve time' and excuse this, whereas DF is heaped with criticism and scorn for what happened with Broken Age. Just in case anyone wasn't aware.

*snerk* Okay this one comment made me laugh:

"How dare you delay Broken Age! Could you imagine if top-tier developers like Valve delayed their games?!?"

It's already got a negative score. I think someone didn't get the joke.

Yeah, I upvoted it to balance out the negative vote, it's great.

Right then. Signed up, sent a question, and have no idea what I'm doing.

Feels good.

Dang it, I can't bring myself to do it... I'll try.

Oh god the question about 'mishandling funds' shot to the top of the comments and has loads of replies along the same line. Meaning Tim's answers, up to and including Tim's future answer should he choose to do so, are gonna be buried

What ever happened to reddiquette

Oh god the question about 'mishandling funds' shot to the top of the comments and has loads of replies along the same line. Meaning Tim's answers, up to and including Tim's future answer should he choose to do so, are gonna be buried

What ever happened to reddiquette

This is why I dislike reddit. (And websites copying their upvote model.)

It's going super well. Now if he could just answer MY questions it would be perfect.

I posted a question. Please notice me, Tim-senpai.

I just checked it and I'm really surprised.. if there were comments/questions from obvious haters, they've been dragged off-stage since then, and Tim's doing a great job answering more neutral questions about the bad reputation certain people have gone out of their way to try and give the company... but for the most part, I see excited and interested fans!

This actually restores my faith in humanity, gamers, and most of all people who use Reddit. Good reminder that there are not a lot of DF-haters out there, the ones that exist are just INCREDIBLY LOUD AND OBSESSIVE ABOUT IT. :)

OMG the more detailed synopsis of Psychonauts 2 Tim gave here, I can't handle this excitement:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/40i8ej/iama_tim_schafer_creator_of_psychonauts_ask_me/cyuevw2

Well uhm... I honestly didn't think necromancy would be something the Psychonauts universe would ever touch on

Also I'm really excited to see that we're going to not only get a deeper look at Raz's origin, but that it'll also be playing a big part in the 2nd game!! I know it was kind of a throwaway thing originally but it's always intrigued me.

Good reminder that there are not a lot of DF-haters out there, the ones that exist are just INCREDIBLY LOUD AND OBSESSIVE ABOUT IT. :)

It's true. They're just a loud obsessive minority.

Sounds to me like Psychonauts HQ is shaping up to be a real Hogwarts of a good time.

If you're like me and hate sifting through all of reddit's nesting/upvoting structure to find the answer posts, then just go here:

https://www.reddit.com/user/TimOfLegend

Click on "context" to see what it was a reply to.

This is great advice. Thanks.

EDIT: Justin's answers are also worth keeping an eye on:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Fig_JUSTIN_BAILEY

He had a good response to someone posting that GG video just now.

All in all, not too bad I think. Could have gone a lot more negative. A bunch of GG in there, but a mostly civil crowd.

I just read most of the question tim answered directly and Overall it seemed to work quite well. The haters are obviously in the minority. Thats really goot to see :)

Haha, someone just suspected me of being a DF employee

Oh my god the reddit community still goes on about this???

I left years and years ago when it really started becoming a shitshow but dang. Nothing has really has changed in all that time. Screenshot it btw.

Yeah, I expected much worse too. I don't really know how reddit or AMAs work, but what happens when Tim is done answering? Will it be locked so that it's possible to use as a mostly useful source of information in the future or will it remain open so that there's a risk it might go completely off track once it has ended?

Not too surprising, I think. Remember, Psychonauts 2 did get funded. Crowd funding doesn't work unless there's a crowd behind it.

Anyway, I've just spent the last few hours on the AMA, having fun with some of the comments. This was my first reddit AMA, so it was an interesting experience. Still, time for me to stop, and get ready to go to work now.

Damn, didn't know this AMA would happen. As it relates to the haters or the GGers, there's nothing too bad. There maybe some folks asking about the sockpuppet controversy. I don't see any threats or insults on there.