Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

Psychomasters Guild of Honour

You just have to go up and collect them for it to count as 'eating', they don't actually show up as usable inventory items. And make sure to eat them both in the same area!

Oh man, thank you!

Now I can officially say that I do, in fact, have all of the achievements in Psychonauts, and as a result, must also be a true Psychomaster. Huzzah!

@ThunderPeel: Ah, thank you as well. I made it myself. In fact, I made a set of sprites of all the more important characters of Psychonauts for the 10th anniversary of the release.

'Course, by now I already think I could do better, but in any case, I hope to do the same for the cast of Psychonauts 2 when it comes out.

Now I can officially say that I do, in fact, have all of the achievements in Psychonauts, and as a result, must also be a true Psychomaster. Huzzah!

Congrats! If you post or send me a link to your profile on Steam, I (or Bales) can send you an invite to the group.

All this talk about pyschonauts reminded me of how hard the fragments were to get in the disco sage, I must of gone though the racing part 10 to 20 times. Also I did change the date on my pc to get the christmas one, I had missed it by two days.

All this talk about pyschonauts reminded me of how hard the fragments were to get in the disco sage, I must of gone though the racing part 10 to 20 times. Also I did change the date on my pc to get the christmas one, I had missed it by two days.

Yeah, I think my least favorite figments to get were:

1) Ones that required you to redo a thing over and over again because you couldn't possibly get them all the first time (e.g. putting them along multi-lane rails, on the downhill race, etc).

2) Ones that required you to suicide jump (e.g. the ones moving around all over the place in the air above bottomless pits or in the rolling log tunnel.) Also, I'm pretty sure there is one figment along one of the rails in meat circus that is literally impossible to get without basically jumping to your death. But even jumping to your death is hard because it's so hard to jump off a rail when you want to.

3) Ones that phase through walls/floors and spend more time hiding behind walls than out where you can get them. (OR SEE THEM FOR THAT MATTER.)

4) Ones that are suuuper transparent and/or placed on same-color backgrounds and/or very small so that they are almost impossible to actually see, even if you are looking right at them.

Back in ye olde days when I only had the PS2 version of Psychonauts, it was a few rogue figments on the race track in Milla's level that I was stuck on for AGES before I could finally 100% the game. Milla's level in general was a tough one for figments since they blended in with the environment so well.

And yes, the ones that fly around somewhat unpredictably and drift in and out of walls are basically evil incarnate, and I'm saying this as someone that loves collecting thingies in platformers.

Also, I'm pretty sure there is one figment along one of the rails in meat circus that is literally impossible to get without basically jumping to your death. But even jumping to your death is hard because it's so hard to jump off a rail when you want to.

That one does indeed exist, and suicide is the only way to get it. I'll give DF the benefit of the doubt and guess that that particular figment was slightly misplaced. :P

2) Ones that required you to suicide jump (e.g. the ones moving around all over the place in the air above bottomless pits or in the rolling log tunnel.) Also, I'm pretty sure there is one figment along one of the rails in meat circus that is literally impossible to get without basically jumping to your death. But even jumping to your death is hard because it's so hard to jump off a rail when you want to.

Aha, I remember that one, it was the last one I needed to get to get all the figments and reach level 100, and it took me a few tries!

Sign in to follow this