Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cxsquared

At Long Last The Officially Unofficial v1.08 Patch!

While Skenners is asleep I thought I'd post on his behalf... So without further ado...

Patch 1.08!!!

Finally after about 4 months of work from around 13 people in 7 different time zones and at least 3 different continents we finally have patch 1.08! This patch brings a lot of new content along with a lot of back-end code changes to make contributing to the game even easier. From bug trackers and testers to programmers and artists, we've been working hard over at Derelict Games to provided you with the best game experience possible. We love this game and want it to become everything it can be.

Some of the changes include but are limited to...

* Complete Sickness redo

* More Sicknesses

* Added a HappyBot

* Added the BRAINWORM

* Made Jukebox increase the moral of Characters in the room.

* More Events

* Complete Events overhaul

* New Weapons

* Weapon Activation

* Weapon Overhaul

* Tens of bug fixes. Literally tens

* New Plants

* Creation of main story

* More Technology

* Minor injury system Added (Major and Minor injury split)

Along with the new patch we've also released a brand spanking new website!

You can download the hot new patch over at SpaceBaseHub.net.

Hopefully you'll enjoy all the awesome changes we've made and added. In the next few weeks we'll work hard to squash any bugs that pop up and release a 1.08.1 patch. And then we'll get to work creating a full trading system (hint: we've already got a good start on this) and even more epic content. See you when 1.09 comes around.

- Cxsquared (Sorta not really Skenners)

While I don't think we'll add multiple user profiles, we are actively working on adding multiple save/load files to the game. This is a feature we've all been wanting from the beginning.

Does the command center do anything?

Not quite yet but we have plans that will make it useful when we release v1.09.

1 bug and 1 annoyance.

Bug:

Stuff (Globes, puzzle cubes, etc) will not be picked up if dropped in space (ex: dead raiders) even if there are citizens who have 0 stuff satisfaction. It will be picked up if it is inside the base, or if the base is expanded to that location.

What I expect:

For the stuff in space to be retrieved by my workers to either satisfy their stuff need or to trade to improve their stuff need.

Annoyance:

Gear from raiders starts piling up around and in my base and I have to manually click on each one and tell it to be destroyed.

What should happen:

If gear is left floating in space, it should eventually "float away" (despawn).

There needs to be a mechanism/sink for gear inside the base as well. (Store them for trade? Give them a scrap value of 1 and auto scrap if no one needs them after 5 minutes? )

Oh this is awesome. definitely gonna check this out. Good job and keep up the good work.

Sign in to follow this