anewmirth

2 Player Productions Psychonauts 2 documentary

DFA was awesome. Is there any news or thoughts on when the first episode of the 2 Player Productions - Psychonauts 2 doco will be available for all to see?

2PP in as well? LOVED the first one for Broken Age was a rollercoaster of emotions going with the team, I'm definitely down for the ride again. Where to I throw my money?

2PP did the short Psy2 art jam a month ago so I just assumed they'd be doing the doco too. Sounds like Zak the new lead designer had a mic thrust upon him pretty quickly so it's in the works. He has the right moustache for a lead. Tally-ho what.

2pp are certainly filming, but to what end we don't yet know. It's unlikely we'll go for the same format as DFA, and it's also unlikely that we'll put out anything for a while.

But yes... they are filming :)

2pp are certainly filming, but to what end we don't yet know. It's unlikely we'll go for the same format as DFA, and it's also unlikely that we'll put out anything for a while.

But yes... they are filming :)

Fan theory:

It's not going to be a documentary at all. 2PP are actually a filming "A Bad Lip Reading of Psychonauts 2 Development"

Probably not the place for it, but DF is always looking to do something new, right? They should leverage 2PP to make a video game! I'm thinking something like choose-your-own-adventure, or maybe something like Football Manager, in the style of FMV games of yore (Night Trap?), where you are Tim Schafer and you need to produce a game for DF.

Pick your team, find your budget, and watch as your underlings bring a game to fruition! I mean, like, hours of watching people code and art assets and so on, well into the night.

Do celebrity playtesting for awesome box quotes! ("It looks good, but why am I here?") Take time off for Amnesia minigames! Drink booze at work! Release your game, and plan for the next!

If you want to bring longevity into the equation, a la Massive Chalice, you can continue to earn money from your past releases and use it to fund your next games.

...Too real?

I dedicate this offering to the deities of this forum and of course to the rest of the hierarchy (big grovels to the Secret Lovers of Tim) and especially I dedicate this offering to the great success of Psychonauts 2, Double Fine and 2 Player Productions! Oh, and I dig nmalinoski’s idea above!

FCzB_OozzKo

1280 X 720 here:

I dedicate this offering to the deities of this forum and of course to the rest of the hierarchy (big grovels to the Secret Lovers of Tim) and especially I dedicate this offering to the great success of Psychonauts 2, Double Fine and 2 Player Productions! Oh, and I dig nmalinoski’s idea above!

FCzB_OozzKo

1280 X 720 here:

Is this a dream? Where am I?

FCzB_OozzKo

1280 X 720 here:

I have to say, Double Fine Action Forums is pretty much the last place I was expecting to see prince George.

That said, I'm sure the deities will be pleased with this stellar animation.

And I feel like a DF management game could work, as a browser game like "Host Master and the conquest of humor"... but are you sure 2PP could actually do something like that...?

I think we should let DF come up with and make their own game ideas. =]

I have to say, Double Fine Action Forums is pretty much the last place I was expecting to see prince George.

With Spaff’s cultured accent being a part of the DF tapestry now, it’s less of a stretch now to my mind anyway. But yes, still quite stretchy.

Man, would have been awesome to see how the production of Psychonauts 2 up close like Broken Age, but if I get any behind the scenes content at all I'm not complaining. 2PP did a sweet job capturing the process as well as all of the emotion going around the team.

2PP do such a great job at making all these videos such a pleasure to watch. Obviously the content is exciting on its own, but with that editing, music, the crisp colours of the gameplay footage and the DF office, it's all so lovely and mesmerising.

25 minutes ago, EMarley said:

2PP do such a great job at making all these videos such a pleasure to watch. Obviously the content is exciting on its own, but with that editing, music, the crisp colours of the gameplay footage and the DF office, it's all so lovely and mesmerising.

I agree, they really managed to show the different personalities and characters of the team. Makes you see them as real people, and not just a faceless company. The DFA-series really gave me a new look at game creation and game creators, respect them even more now seeing all the care and personality they bring to the game.

True! I liked the cut to Lee Petty when Tim joked about people's heads spinning around and shooting into the air :headlander3:

Edited by EMarley

9 hours ago, EMarley said:

True! I liked the cut to Lee Petty when Tim joked about people's heads spinning around and shooting into the air :headlander3:

I got a good chuckle out of that little moment, too!  xD

And I fully agree with you on the quality of 2PP's productions.  The Broken Age documentary was stellar, and what we've seen of their Psychonauts 2 footage is promising to be just as awesome.

[YT] YYEsPRkYFcQ [/YT]

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=YYEsPRkYFcQ

I don't know... it's all too hard. Here is a new Psychonauts 2 - 2 Player Productions labour of love. If someone wants to help me get it embedded in this forum post that would be awesome cakes. There used to be a handy way to do this....

https://youtu.be/YYEsPRkYFcQ

Ok Thanks EMarley!

Edited by anewmirth

Copy-pasting the video URL into your post will automatically embed it. But is has to be the right URL, which it isn't in the link you posted. This link would do:

https://youtu.be/YYEsPRkYFcQ

(When it automatically appears as an embed, an option shows up below it to display as a link instead, which is what I did here.)

(BTW, you are a true artist and that's quite an earworm.)

Edited by EMarley

For people missing the 2pp documentary stuff, this is for you... :)

2 hours ago, Spaff said:

For people missing the 2pp documentary stuff, this is for you... :)

I got really emotional watching this, I'm so glad it was made and shared with the fans.  It really brought back that amazing feeling of when the world first found out this was happening.  

I didn't know any of those videos existed. Are there a bunch of updates I never got?

On 10/30/2016 at 9:23 PM, ThunderPeel said:

I didn't know any of those videos existed. Are there a bunch of updates I never got?

As far as I can tell, Psychonauts 2 · Behind the Launch is the only official video in this thread. It was part of the Psychonauts 2 Update #2 - Putting the Fun of the Mental into the Fundamentals update on Fig, which was also linked to in this DFAF thread.