Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fubarhouse

Official release date...

I can't wait to add Day of the Tentacle to my wish list Steam

I've replayed the SCUMM version a number of times since Tim announced it, I'm *really* looking forward to it :)

Sorry for the delay on announcing a release date, we're waiting on PlayStation to be ready to announce it. Shouldn't be too long now!

Sorry for the delay on announcing a release date, we're waiting on PlayStation to be ready to announce it. Shouldn't be too long now!

Thank you for the input Spaff! :)

I sure hope its soon. getting REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY impatient here :P

I agree. It's rather annoying not hearing ANY info regarding the game during the month that it's supposed to be released.. I know you're waiting for Sony to be ready, c'mon Sony, it's March already! Where's my angry emoticon?

I agree. It's rather annoying not hearing ANY info regarding the game during the month that it's supposed to be released.. I know you're waiting for Sony to be ready, c'mon Sony, it's March already! Where's my angry emoticon?

Perfect release time= Most sales.

I'm kind of hoping it's going to be announced and released at the same time... or at least with a really short window between announcement and release!

I'm kind of hoping it's going to be announced and released at the same time... or at least with a really short window between announcement and release!

Same here, and I think that's pretty likely now too. :)

Anyway, looking forward to it!

I agree it's not the best, sorry guys, we are beholden to other people some times!

All should become clear pretty soon though :)

I'd prefer the announcement on release day too, now that Sony has dragged their feet into the month of release.

Either way I'd be happy just to hear SOMETHING about the game.

here let me distract you with a particle rendering bug...

dott-gotparticles2.gif

I love how he looks all confused. WTF is all those colors about :P

More likely this is a paradox effect in progress. They have done something wrong, and the Universe is correcting the mistake.

I'd forgotten that it's supposed to be released this month. March is going to be an extremely busy month for fans of adventure games.

I'd forgotten that it's supposed to be released this month. March is going to be an extremely busy month for fans of adventure games.

Busy?. What else comes out in march ?.

The latest Deponia, Kelvin, Dog Mendonça and Nelly Cootalot, if I remember correctly. Downfall will probably also release this month on Linux.

The latest Deponia, Kelvin, Dog Mendonça and Nelly Cootalot, if I remember correctly. Downfall will probably also release this month on Linux.

Oh very nice, i dont know most of them. But i guess ill check them out. But DEPONIA oh my.. ive totally forgotten about that, didn even complete the first, after my hard drive broke.

Is that game series worth playing and completing ? . Does it have a good interesting story ? i seem to recall that deponia was quite hard. Think i got the the dude alonzo or something with the big coffee machine.

Oh very nice, i dont know most of them. But i guess ill check them out. But DEPONIA oh my.. ive totally forgotten about that, didn even complete the first, after my hard drive broke.

Is that game series worth playing and completing ? . Does it have a good interesting story ? i seem to recall that deponia was quite hard. Think i got the the dude alonzo or something with the big coffee machine.

Kelvin, Dog Mendonça and Nelly Cootalot are all crowdfunded games. I've had the pleasure of beta testing Nelly, and thought it was very good.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Deponia trilogy and considered giving up on it after the second game. I liked the third one a lot more though, and you're right that the puzzles in the games can be very hard. Not sure if I'm ready for more of those games yet though.

Downfall is the remake of the free AGS that preceded The Cat Lady, which might be one of my favorite adventure games. The Cat Lady is sort of a horror game, but not in the way that it keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout, and I'm usually not at all a fan of horror in games. Downfall is probably similar, but I haven't played it yet.

here let me distract you with a particle rendering bug...

dott-gotparticles2.gif

Why does his body mess up when he starts turning his head?

It looks like he shifts up a couple of pixels. I'm guessing either it's to do with the bug or it's just a bit of editing for this gif...

If you look at his feet you can see it's an early version of Bernard.

I think I see it, and wow! The earlier version is the NES version of maniac mansion!

Super excited for this! I remember first playing it back when I was 2 or 3 and I play it regularly along with Monkey Island and Sam & Max (which I hope gets remastered too) xD

I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of 'Day of the Tentacle: Remastered'. It's a spiffy looking version of quite literally my favourite game of all time.

'Full Throttle: Remastered' is like the delicious icing on an already scrumptious cake that's been sprinkled with gold dust.

I'd love to see Double Fine tackle a remastered version of 'The Dig' after that but of course, that will never happen because not too many people fondly remember that game the way I do. If pigs were to fly and 'The Dig: Remastered' got greenlit, then I'd love to see a new ending (I absolutely hate the 'happily ever after' ending to that otherwise very dark and atmospheric game).

Reviving Maggie towards the end (which is completely optional), when she explicitly instructed you not to, is an absolute hoot! *evil grin*

62olGqRbaLs

I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of 'Day of the Tentacle: Remastered'. It's a spiffy looking version of quite literally my favourite game of all time.

'Full Throttle: Remastered' is like the delicious icing on an already scrumptious cake that's been sprinkled with gold dust.

I'd love to see Double Fine tackle a remastered version of 'The Dig' after that but of course, that will never happen because not too many people fondly remember that game the way I do. If pigs were to fly and 'The Dig: Remastered' got greenlit, then I'd love to see a new ending (I absolutely hate the 'happily ever after' ending to that otherwise very dark and atmospheric game).

Reviving Maggie towards the end (which is completely optional), when she explicitly instructed you not to, is an absolute hoot! *evil grin*

62olGqRbaLs

*Jumps up and down raising his hands through the crowd* Me! Me! I love The Dig too! It was my first Lucasarts game among Throttle and Monkey Island 3. I heard rumours about a remastering by Brian Moriarty at one point earlier last year, but nothing ever came of that.

Sign in to follow this