Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Backers: Final rewards update 25th Feb

Hello Backers of Adventure!

We have some exciting news regarding the two final backer rewards that really should be in your hands by now! (Luckily though we are rapidly approaching that moment!)

The Art of Broken Age

We announced a while back that the Art of Broken Age book would be made in conjunction with Dark Horse, and they’ve been digging through all the artwork and compiling it into a really sexy looking package. We’re happy to report that the layout of the book has been finalized, and Tim has finished personally writing all the captions. We’re so close to being done that we were able to throw a signing party to get the whole team’s signatures on the tip-ins on the inside cover.

IMG_0864_thumb.jpg

The Art of Broken Age will be available in three delicious flavors. One normal edition that will be sold in stores, one special edition with a special cover that we will sell at shows, and one super duper edition for backers only! What makes the backer version so super duper special? It’s LOVE! And also, YARN!

You see, aside from the signed tip-ins sporting a new piece of art from Bagel, this awesome book is undergoing an honest-to-goodness Yarn Pal HUG ATTACK! That’s right! The super duper edition cover is made of actual, sentient yarn! At least, it looks sentient. Not sure if it really is, but just to be safe--be nice to it. And hug it often. Here's an artist's rendition:

094e71ce-e706-4025-b7fb-5bc242b4dd35_thumb.jpeg

The Art of Broken Age is scheduled to be in the mail to you this spring, with the digital release coming before then.

Big Box & Blu Ray

Hey, remember that big, awesome cardboard box that Tim promised you? Well, it’s taken a long time to make it because everybody wants to keep stuffing awesomeness into it. But it’s basically full of greatness now, so much that we pretty much have to ship it soon before it bursts all over our office. And we don’t want that to happen because once hot, liquid awesome gets into your carpet there is no way of getting it out.

The biggest chunk of work that had to be done was all the extra content for the documentary Blu Ray. We thought the Double Fine Adventure documentary was already the finest work of non-fiction about the art of video games EVER, but apparently 2 Player Productions thought it could be better. So they have been stuffing in hours and hours of goodies, and polishing what was already there. The good news is they are just about done!

All the unblurring and color correction is completed, and every episode now has closed captions. We have finished recording commentary tracks! Every episode now has a commentary from members of the Broken Age team, and a whole separate commentary track from the normally reclusive and retiring (Greta Garbo-like, even) 2 Player Productions. So, now you have to binge-watch the whole documentary again. Twice.

But wait! There’s more! They’ve scoured over 6 hours of unseen footage to create bonus content too, including full length design meetings and interviews, plus… how do you say it in America? Bloopers? (We call them Dishonourable Blunderchuffs England.) Anyway, so many hours of special features, it’s basically like a whole second documentary! Or really, a way of life.

All of that Blu Ray goodness will be cradled, physically, inside a luxurious, multi-disc gatefold. Unfold and you will find artwork by the amazing Michael Firman, whose portraits of the team have brought us so much happiness during the course of our production.

tumblr_o0kb9sX15q1rsrynko1_1280_thumb.png

The Big Box itself has been designed by Cory Schmitz to replicate the style of (And look good on a shelf next to) our favourite games of yore. The Big Box and Blu Ray are destined to arrive on your doorstep in the Spring...ish! We're about a month away from going into full production.

Cory_Design_cover_thumb.png

Your mailing address

We've had a lot of questions about this - We will do another backer survey when we are ready to send things out, as naturally lots of you have moved in the years since you backed our project! So fear not!

Thanks for reading, as ever you can keep up to date with the rewards progress in this forum thread: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/17470/

Thanks you guys! :)

How I wish I had $500 4 years ago.

Those super deluxe books look awesome. I don't know if they're actually $300 awesome, but they're pretty dang awesome and I want one! WANT! WANT! WANT!

I wish I´d back for that very nice yarn designer book. :)

I was so happy a few weeks ago when I saw that there´s finally a Hexapal plushie now! I couldn´t resist to buy it!

Those super deluxe books look awesome. I don't know if they're actually $300 awesome, but they're pretty dang awesome and I want one! WANT! WANT! WANT!

I was so happy a few weeks ago when I saw that there´s finally a Hexapal plushie now! I couldn´t resist to buy it!

The special edition is being sold here:

http://www.gallerynucleus.com/detail/20600/

I don't understand. What's limited about the limited edition besides the digital code?

I don't understand. What's limited about the limited edition besides the digital code?

There's a regular version of the artbook that you can buy in retail stores, and there's the version with the yarn pal cover, which they'll only sell at events, although for this event they're offering copies to sell online. Apart from the cover, I don't know how it differs in content from the retail version, or how the backer version is different, or whether it's actually the backer version being sold at this event. From the pictures at the link, it seems both retail and special edition have the same number of pages, so maybe the difference really is just the cover?

There's a regular version of the artbook that you can buy in retail stores, and there's the version with the yarn pal cover, which they'll only sell at events, although for this event they're offering copies to sell online. Apart from the cover, I don't know how it differs in content from the retail version, or how the backer version is different, or whether it's actually the backer version being sold at this event. From the pictures at the link, it seems both retail and special edition have the same number of pages, so maybe the difference really is just the cover?

[del]The backer version comes with an insert that is signed by the developers.[/del] Nevermind, it appears you can get it signed.

So has the artbook for 500 backers been sent out? I really hope mine didn't get lost in the mail or something.

I know we are still waiting on the Big Box and Blu-ray

Yes we sent those out to people who replied to our survey!

If you haven't seen one of those, then please get in touch with orders@fangamer.com who can help you! :)

Big box etc is all on the cusp of full production! 

Sign in to follow this