Sign in to follow this  
Noname215

Indiana Jones

Not 100% related, but Uncharted 4 is f**king epic.

If another one ever gets made it should have you play as

both Drake and his daughter

, call it Uncharted 5: Drake's Legacy.

Aw man, spoilers. So tempting...

If another one ever gets made it should have you play as

both Drake and his daughter, call it Uncharted 5: Drake's Legacy.

Does Drake has a daughter at the end of the game? Aw man, spoilers.

Crap, I'm sorry.

If another one ever gets made it should have you play

as both Drake and his daughter, call it Uncharted 5: Drake's Legacy.

Does Drake has a daughter at the end of the game? Aw man, spoilers.

SPOILERS GOD DAMMIT!!!

I said I was sorry. My original post now has spoiler tags.

SPOILERS GOD DAMMIT!!!

Epic and Noname, please amend Marsden's quote in your posts, as I too have now had the game spoiled for me. There's no need to spoil it for any further folk.

I had meant to put spoiler tags in the first place. Didn't realize until after Marsden quoted me that I had forgotten to do so.

Fate Of Atlantis is one of my favourite games of all time. The other Indy games doesn't even come close according to me.

Fate Of Atlantis is one of my favourite games of all time. The other Indy games doesn't even come close according to me.

Fate of Atlantis is a great point and click adventure game. But the character of Indiana Jones is meant for more of an action game. In Fate If Atlantis you couldn't have had moments like the Last Crusade tank brawl or the Temple Of Doom mine cart chase because of how limited the gameplay in point and clickers are. Not that it's a bad game, it's a great one.

I still think the best Indiana Jones game is Emperor's Tomb, followed by Fate Of Atlantis and Lego Indiana Jones. Still have to get around to Infernal Machine.

In Fate If Atlantis you couldn’t have had moments like the Last Crusade tank brawl or the Temple Of Doom mine cart chase because of how limited the gameplay in point and clickers are. Not that it’s a bad game, it’s a great one.

I disagree. Each of those moments involved quick thinking and puzzle solving. I could easily see the tank sequence in particular being an adventure game puzzle, with maybe just some slight adjustments. You certainly couldn't pull off that tank sequence in an action game like Emperor's Tomb (unless it was a QTE maybe). Not in nearly the same way. It would just be something like 'fight all the enemies and defeat them in time before the tank goes off the cliff'. In adventures you have more freedom for other things. 'Do something to keep one guy occupied, throw a punch at another dude, as another guy grabs you you have to throw your whip on Henry to keep him from falling off the tank treads with maybe something extra there to secure it so you can free your hand and do something else to get that other guy off your back'. Totally see potential for that. Sierra games certainly are no stranger to this type of adventure playing anyway...but the Full Throttle ending sequence is even a sort of (slightly easier) template for this type of sequence.

I believe the tank fight could have been done without using a QTE. Find some way to mix in the combat system while they have these other things going on like Vogel using the chain or the shovel and Indy rolling onto the gun.

Either way, it would work great in a traditional adventure. It could even have multiple solutions which would make it seem less mechanical and make you feel smarter. lol

You're a Star Wars guy, Musically, but who do you think is a better character: Han or Indy

I'm an Indiana Jones guy too. I think Indy's a better character. Was never a huge fan of Han. I mean, he's great but I'm just a bigger fan of Luke.

I'm an Indiana Jones guy too. I think Indy's a better character. Was never a huge fan of Han. I mean, he's great but I'm just a bigger fan of Luke.

I think the major appeal from the franchises is that they are both throwbacks to a bygone era, that of Saturday movie serials. Flash Gordon, Buck Rodgers and The Fighting Devil Dogs were big ones for Star Wars, and I see a bit of Doc Savage in Indiana Jones, who also pulled inspiration from Flash Gordon and movies like Secret Of The Incas and Gunga Din.

The major appeal for me is that they're both fun adventure stories with great action and suspense and a little comedy on the side with real heart. But the differing factor to most modern movies being simply "fun". Back to the Future had it. The Mummy had it. The Goonies had it. Everything is so serious now. It's either a rated R comedy or a serious epic story in four+ parts. There are few movies that are like they used to be. That's the missing factor. The fun.

The major appeal for me is that they're both fun adventure stories with great action and suspense and a little comedy on the side with real heart. But the differing factor to most modern movies being simply "fun". Back to the Future had it. The Mummy had it. The Goonies had it. Everything is so serious now. It's either a rated R comedy or a serious epic story in four+ parts. There are few movies that are like they used to be. That's the missing factor. The fun.

I'm not sure if the adventure film has any place left in Hollywood. Who's going to be able to find the next Raiders of the Lost Ark when the only big action movies being made these days are superhero movies? Not that I don't enjoy them, quite the contrary, but I'd love to see some of that old Hollywood magic come back.

Speaking of The Mummy, I loved how they took it in a completely different direction rather than just try to remake the Boris Karloff film. It's very much a pulp fiction adventure movie and it knows it. Too bad they're rebooting it with Tom Cruise, because now we know it's just going to be a loud, generic action horror piece.

The best episode of Young Indy is hands down either Mystery of the Blues or Treasure Of The Peacock's Eye

I've come to realize just how underrated The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is.

The thing that struck me about Indy 5 is that George Lucas isn't involved. This is probably a good thing.

He is now.

He is now.

In my head, you're saying those words very slowly and with an ominous voice. Similar to when Luke in The Empire Strike Back says "I'm not afraid" and Ronda, the little green muppet replies "you will be. You will be."

He is now.

In my head, you're saying those words very slowly and with an ominous voice. Similar to when Luke in The Empire Strike Back says "I'm not afraid" and Ronda, the little green muppet replies "you will be. You will be."

Luke, use the force. We've run out of Vaseline.

The Adventures of Tintin the Secret of the Unicorn, The Good the Bad and the Weird, and Mad Max: Fury Road are this generation's Raiders currently. Tintin was panned by audiences when it came out but I've seen people warm to it over time, and Fury Road was instantly accepted with a great deal of praise. Nobody but me saw The Good the Bad and the Weird. The thing is- none of these are as good as Raiders is, but they're close.

Hi, baby Arnold NoName. I know why you're shilling for Indiana Jones, the greatest action series on film.

EhUb.png

Look at the two of you. Faces only a mother could kick.

Even though my mom hated Mad Max, she still said the dialogue at the beginning was "Shakespearian".

Even though my mom hated Mad Max, she still said the dialogue at the beginning was "Shakespearian".

Even "schlanger?"

Shakespeare made up loads of words, too. I think my mom liked how succinct they were.

She just hated how much violence there was and how depressing the post-apocalypse was. I told her that the rest of the world was fine, this was just how Australia is.

She just hated how much violence there was and how depressing the post-apocalypse was.

You should have just shown her one of the many happy-go-lucky, cheery, song & dance, post-apocalyptic films. I'd recommend The Road. Trust me, she'll love it. Just buy a copy, pop the disc in, plonk your Mother down and leave her to it for a couple of hours. You can thank me later.

Australians don't have sex. Australians mate.

...and Canadians mount.

Man, I remember the teaser for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull showing a South American native right out of an Italian schlock movie swinging a weapon around. It looked like there could've been some awesome Temple-style sequences there. Instead, King Solomon's Mines ended up having better ending sequences.

I'd really like an Indiana Jones movie where he takes on the supernatural much more overtly, like vampires, werewolves, and zombies right out of Zombi. Have it be dark as hell until the final act or in the middle act like Temple was. I know Spielbergo still has it in him.